sharetrader
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

11% not bad going your be hoping to see that rise some before the years out
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Cheers JB. Things actually changed quite substantially after that update due to some (seemingly) negative news from PRO. I saw it as a good buying opportunity so have skewed the balance of the portfolio somewhat.

Anyway, here's the final (for now) portfolio:
    http://20kstockproject.blogspot.com/...-at-90516.html

Plus some thoughts on paper currency and gold:
    http://20kstockproject.blogspot.com/...-currency.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    Sort of! I spread 10k across a bunch of companies that interest me for long term (never sell) investments in order to get a minimum holding. Then I'm using $50k play money to buy shares, leaving the profit in my never sell investments.

The plan is to end the year with a bunch of extra shares and $50k, the $10k original investment will be chalked up as a loss / perma-investment.

Not the best way to invest by any means (pretty stupid, actually), but just a bit of fun

PS:I left you a comment on your blog but don't think it worked. I recommend looking at SCL and THL because they're likely to go up at the end of February, making them a good short term investment for your game. DYOR, JMO, etc.

GOOD LUCK!

Awesome. Thank you so much for your recommendation on SCL & THL. It just great

Good to see you getting on board MGX was always a no brainer ....Should have shifted my NKP funds into MGX long ago ....could have been now shifting back with 50%-60% gain plus buying NKP lower .......
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Yeah I potentially left it too late for this portfolio. I still like the company and it should get another rerate in due course. Just wondering whether I could use the money more productively elsewhere given I've got 5 months left. A few options up my sleeve

Swapped MGX for WPG. Nothing against MGX (still hold in my main portfolio), but I see more immediate upside in WPG. And with the year ticking away its immediate upside that wins in this case.