sharetrader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Auckland Meeting - Brunch in the Sky ! Sunday 6 March 11.30 Orbit Restaurant

https://www.skycityauckland.co.nz/restaurants/orbit/

With such challenging markets this year getting some investors a little downcast, this year I thought we'd dispense with any notion of the need for austerity and live it up a bit !
    All welcome, come along and get a new perspective on Auckland's landscape and hopefully some perspective from fellow investors on the outlook and strategy for 2016.
    Rumour has it that one former legend who no longer posts will be there to share some wisdom.
    I need to know numbers by 29 February to make the booking so please let me know by PM, e.mail or in this thread.

Please note the dining terms and conditions, minimum spend is $30 average which includes your trip up the Sky tower. Maximum dining time is 2 hours but included / optional is a trip up to the next level, observation level, where's there a cafe's and supplementary beverage and dining options so those keen for a longer chat and an even higher viewpoint will not be disappointed

Please also note parking options and that casual parking rates are fairly expensive at Sky City. Option of spending $40 in one sitting, (surely not that hard with a couple of drinks during brunch) get heavily discounted parking or otherwise parking in the Downtown carpark a reasonably short distance away is only $2 hour on the weekend.

Should be a great day. Meet in the restaurant, ask for the share trader group table when you arrive.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Good luck getting a Downtown car park on that particular day - it's the Round The Bays date

Thanks for the heads-up.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Just a reminder folks that I need to know confirmed numbers by Monday.

Love to be there Roger, unfortunately I'm flying down to Christchurch trying my best to support AirNZ and push that SP up.
    Hope its successful and that it may be the first of many!!
    Cheers

Thanks Robomo. It would be nice to meet you next time. Cosy little group of 5 (mostly professionals), at this stage so all welcome, the more the merrier.
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-02-2016 at 01:26 PM.

I would like to come too! Long time member, but haven't been very active for ages (mostly lurking)

Hi Blendy, you are most welcome to come along. Unfortunately, and not for the first time that I've made plans for Orbit they're full. (Book a long way ahead if you want to go to this restaurant is my advice).

So regrettably I've had to change the venue to the Fortuna Buffet Restaurant at Sky City. $25.90. https://www.skycityauckland.co.nz/re...et-restaurant/

To the best of my knowledge, (haven't been for a few years), Fortuna is located on the same level as the main gaming floor and is outside and adjacent to the main entrance to the gaming floor.

Meet and greet outside the entrance to Fortuna at 11.30. I will have a toy dog, (most appropriate symbolism in my opinion of how the market has been year to date), so people will recognise the ST group.

Please bring your car parking ticket so it can be validated after the meal for a much more palatable parking charge, (wouldn't want people to get indigestion from their regular steep pricing) and if as many people as possible can pay with cash that would make settling the bill after the meal easier as they only allow one bill per table).

I will also contact everyone by Pm and / or e.mail to let them know this change of venue.

Should be a good gathering
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-03-2016 at 09:46 AM.

Thanks again for arranging this Roger, was great to talk to a few fellow members and gain some knowledge on other industries. Looking forward to the next one definitely!

Apologies to those who I didn't manage to talk to before shooting off!

Great meeting Roger, good to see a few new faces. Enjoyed the humer in the bar afterwards.

Roger admitted that just sometimes he can be persistent and have blinkers on.