sharetrader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default FX transfer costs.

With regard to international currency exchange, I'm wondering if there is much variation between FX exchange companys. I usually deal with 1 company but thought a bit more research is appropriate.
    Anyone have any experience with rates on fx transfers.
    Im looking at aud to nzd.

Advanced Member

Yep there is huge disparity. I use OZ Forex, their spreads are quite as tight as they used to be around 50bps I think.
    Depending in the amount they charge a fee of $12 per transaction as well. If you transfer over a certain amount they wipe the fee.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Veteran novice

Has anyone any experience using HiFX New Zealand? A friend has received advice of an inward international payment and is concerned whether it is legit or a scam.

I have used OZForex for many years and always been very pleased with the service and rates. For NZ residents it is probably more appropriate to use the NZ branch NZForex.

HiFX is a scam

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by tomblu View Post
    I have used OZForex for many years and always been very pleased with the service and rates. For NZ residents it is probably more appropriate to use the NZ branch NZForex.

HiFX is a scam
    I do believe there is a genuine company out there , think they sponsor the Warriors ... just beware of a phishing scam ...... DYOR etc.

http://www.hifx.co.nz

macduffy - Also is your friend expecting any funds - seems an obvious question but...

Check the wording of the email is it proper English, use the mouse to hover over any link and see if it says the website that stoploss has mentioned

Veteran novice

Thanks, Jay, and others.

No, no funds expected. All "tests" applied, awaiting developments.

Transferwise is the way to go - I live in London and send money back with them occasionally, peer to peer, much cheaper.

https://transferwise.com/