sharetrader
Page 68 of 88 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1758
  1. #1341
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    13,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I am not sure if there would be anyone left to take the service. St Johns clergy were among the peaceful protesters that Trump had teargassed so that he could walk to the church for his photo-op.

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...trump-photo-op
    Unbelievable.

    This is beyond belief!

    “The police in their riot gear with their black shields and the whole bit start pushing on to the patio of St John’s Lafayette Square.”

    Gerbasi and her companions fled, then saw on their phones images of the president and cohort striding across the space they had just been ousted from, to stand before the church as cameras rolled.

    “That’s what it was for, to clear that patio so that man could stand in front of that building with a Bible,” said Gerbasi.

    The White House tweeted a video showing Trump’s walk and pose and giving the thumbs up as he strode past a line of riot police, set to triumphal music.
    Last edited by Balance; 03-06-2020 at 09:59 AM.

  2. #1342
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sth Island. New Zealand.
    Posts
    5,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    I doubt anyone has the time to hear all his confessions - if he was being honest.
    That is certainly a problem as he is well reknowned for his honesty.

  3. #1343
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    1,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Unbelievable.

    This is beyond belief!

    “The police in their riot gear with their black shields and the whole bit start pushing on to the patio of St John’s Lafayette Square.”

    Gerbasi and her companions fled, then saw on their phones images of the president and cohort striding across the space they had just been ousted from, to stand before the church as cameras rolled.

    “That’s what it was for, to clear that patio so that man could stand in front of that building with a Bible,” said Gerbasi.

    The White House tweeted a video showing Trump’s walk and pose and giving the thumbs up as he strode past a line of riot police, set to triumphal music.
    And his followers will lap it up.
    The USA is a strange place - I found it to be quite an enigma.

  4. #1344
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    13,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    And his followers will lap it up.
    The USA is a strange place - I found it to be quite an enigma.
    Those the gods choose to destroy, they make mad first.

  5. #1345
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    13,097

    Default

    https://www.news.com.au/world/north-...f6fc904d850443

    Despicable - the AG was the one who ordered the troops to tear gas the protestors, bystanders and clergy so that the demented clown can have his photo op.

  6. #1346
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.news.com.au/world/north-...f6fc904d850443

    Despicable - the AG was the one who ordered the troops to tear gas the protestors, bystanders and clergy so that the demented clown can have his photo op.

    According to the police they use smoke bombs not tear gas.

    https://nypost.com/2020/06/02/park-p...tacks-on-cops/

  7. #1347
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    LA/ChCh/AKL
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.news.com.au/world/north-...f6fc904d850443

    Despicable - the AG was the one who ordered the troops to tear gas the protestors, bystanders and clergy so that the demented clown can have his photo op.
    nah they should have been heading home 25 min's before curfew, storm in a teacup...ignore the damage they did...politics nothing more.

  8. #1348
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    13,097

    Default

    https://www.indiewire.com/2020/06/journalists-covering-protests-attacked-arrested-by-police-1202234683/

    US police attacking journalists.

    Welcome to the land of free speech & freedom. 🙈
    Last edited by Balance; 03-06-2020 at 07:11 PM.

  9. #1349
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    nah they should have been heading home 25 min's before curfew, storm in a teacup...ignore the damage they did...politics nothing more.
    Yep it was incredible the violence ordered by Trump for the sake of his political diorama. The crowd included clergy from the church and was starting to head home, it was 45 minutes until curfew. Police came using flash grenades, rubber bullets and gas. Just so Trump could stage a photo-op. He did not have the courtesy to inform the Rector of the church. Even for this president, It beggars belief

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...-church-trump/
    Last edited by Bjauck; 03-06-2020 at 11:39 PM.

  10. #1350
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    LA/ChCh/AKL
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    That is all standard practice in the US, they announce and requested they disperse. The majority main stream media have been saying 25 mins all day, in DC unless you live in the White House you are you are not getting home in 25 mins...this has been received there on tribal lines... blame it on Trump naturally with a narrative to make it the story with the alternative view being they should have dispersed....

  11. #1351
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    That is all standard practice in the US, they announce and requested they disperse. The majority main stream media have been saying 25 mins all day, in DC unless you live in the White House you are you are not getting home in 25 mins...this has been received there on tribal lines... blame it on Trump naturally with a narrative to make it the story with the alternative view being they should have dispersed....
    I am not sure what your point is. I did not think that it was acceptable in 2020 that the USA was brutal police state dictatorship laying down deadlines, impossible to comply with, before unleashing state violence. If they requested crowd to disperse immediately, that is unreasonable and impossible.

    Trump was already home before making a totally non-essential visit to the Church, I am not sure what or how the 25 minutes apply. He unleashed brutality just so he could have the electioneering trip, to the unforewarned Church. His Christian support base will see it for what it was - a thug using their religion cynically for selfish political purposes.

    "Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God'
    Last edited by Bjauck; 04-06-2020 at 11:11 AM.

  12. #1352
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    13,097

    Default

    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...onmouth-298470

    Biden extending his lead in the polls.

    Guess more and more Americans are seeing through the antics of the demented circus clown.

    His photo op :

    Waving a bible, which he does not read or if he does, has no understanding

    In front of a church he does not attend

    Unleashing the military against fellow Americans he sees as enemies

    A military in which he never served and dodged service

    To protect power which he gained through foreign interference

    Exploiting fear and anger he loves to stoke

    To distract from the killer pandemic he failed to address, ignoring warnings & downplaying its gravity

    Taking no responsibility for any of his actions

    And attempting to maintain his position on a bed of lies & childish inanity

    Robert Hendrickson, Rector
    St Phillip’s Hills Episcopal Church
    Last edited by Balance; 04-06-2020 at 09:00 AM.

  13. #1353
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    1,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...onmouth-298470

    Biden extending his lead in the polls.

    Guess more and more Americans are seeing through the antics of the demented circus clown.
    Interesting, though, I heard of a survey that found 58% of people thought Trump should call in the troops and 35% were against.
    Crazy times.

  14. #1354
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    13,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Interesting, though, I heard of a survey that found 58% of people thought Trump should call in the troops and 35% were against.
    Crazy times.
    Understandable when one looks at the rioting & looting which until yesterday, the States & Cities seemed unable to control?

  15. #1355
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    1,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Understandable when one looks at the rioting & looting which until yesterday, the States & Cities seemed unable to control?
    Yes - riots are not protests, unfortunate for the true protesters and their message.
    One of the reasons guns and 'right to bear arms' is so important is that the people don't trust their Govt not to go rogue on them and call in the troops - yet they seem happy to call in the troops.
    Another enigma.

  16. #1356
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    13,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Yes - riots are not protests, unfortunate for the true protesters and their message.
    One of the reasons guns and 'right to bear arms' is so important is that the people don't trust their Govt not to go rogue on them and call in the troops - yet they seem happy to call in the troops.
    Another enigma.
    In other words, no principles - whatever is convenient for the moment.

  17. #1357
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    1,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    In other words, no principles - whatever is convenient for the moment.
    Yip.
    Esper will be gone soon - the Man won't like it that he disagrees with him
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/new...ectid=12337106

  18. #1358
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    LA/ChCh/AKL
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Yip.
    Esper will be gone soon - the Man won't like it that he disagrees with him
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/new...ectid=12337106
    Americans thru their constitution and history have a strong mentality that you have the right to protect your property. it is a common belief and perceived right there to shot someone coming onto and stealing your property. that is why the looting has been getting high profile on US media...I would say the majority of the people I know over there regardless of their political leaning would feel justified to shot someone on their property. trump is appealing to that mentality. If you do not understand their culture and history...you do not get what happening

  19. #1359
    CEO Butch Analytics Ltd winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    26,973

    Default

    Good beating up taking place on Third Ave at moment.
    “Just consider that maybe the probability of you being wrong is higher than you think.”

  20. #1360
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    13,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Good beating up taking place on Third Ave at moment.
    https://www.news.com.au/world/north-...35ccd2ba0cfbc5

    Law enforcement is most effective when the public are with the police all the way.

    Clearly not the case in the US as of now.
    Last edited by Balance; 04-06-2020 at 04:17 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •