sharetrader
Page 138 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 3195
  1. #2741
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,172

    Default

    Deleted deleted.
    Last edited by blackcap; 02-10-2020 at 08:57 AM.

  2. #2742
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    6,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    And if you still do not beleive it, the NY Times has gone rogue and I class them as Fake News:

    If you had any doubt The New York Times is the enemy of free people, they're now publishing CCP puppets defending crushing activists in Hong Kong. "Something had to be done, and the Chinese authorities did it." Yeah? **** you.

    https://twitter.com/bdomenech/status...73725830533120
    Sorry to notice you went now low enough to spread fascist accusations and lies.

    Ben Domenech is a failed journalist who has lost his job various times working for reputable magazines due to plagiarism, payments from foreign agents, labor law violations (threatening staff) and fabricating quotes. Sure - he is a man with an agenda and he never let the facts stopping him to make up another lie. Scum of the earth. He uses as well the same language the fascists used during the third Reich "enemy of the people".

    If you want to research him, start with wikipedia. Plenty of links provided to make any decent human being shudder.

    You sure you want to cite unsubstantiated opinions of this scumbag and sell them as "facts"?

    How low can you go, BlackCap?
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 02-10-2020 at 09:01 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  3. #2743
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Sorry to notice you went now low enough to spread fascist accusations and lies.

    Ben Domenech is a failed journalist who has lost his job various times working for reputable magazines due to plagiarism, payments from foreign agents, labor law violations (threatening staff) and fabricating quotes. Sure - he is a man with an agenda and he never let the facts stopping him to make up another lie. Scum of the earth. He uses as well the same language the fascists used during the third Reich "enemy of the people".

    If you want to research him, start with wikipedia. Plenty of links provided to make any decent human being shudder.

    You sure you want to cite unsubstantiated opinions of this scumbag and sell them as "facts"?

    How low can you go, BlackCap?
    No BP, if Ben Shapiro can re-tweet him that is good enough for me. He is a co-founder of The Federalist and that is good enough for me too. I do not trust Wikipedia and will not use that as a "fact checking" source. I am not selling anything as fact. Just bringing stuff out to the open. O by the way, did you know that he is your hero John McCain's (now deceased) son in law?

    Plenty of scumbag reporters and journalists at the NY times that also purport truth when in fact they are spreading rubbish.
    Last edited by blackcap; 02-10-2020 at 11:26 AM.

  4. #2744
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    No FCUK off BP, if Ben Shapiro can re-tweet him that is good enough for me. He is a co-founder of The Federalist and that is good enough for me too. I do not trust Wikipedia and will not use that as a "fact checking" source. I am not selling anything as fact. Just bringing stuff out to the open. O by the way, did you know that he is your hero John McCain's (now deceased) son in law?

    Plenty of scumbag reporters and journalists at the NY times that also purport truth when in fact they are spreading rubbish.
    In all fairness blackcap, you have to acknowledge that with BP, he has already won the argument in his vacuum chamber and any heretic who contradicts his doctrinal wisdom is consigned to the scrapheap of idiocy (where we no doubt find ourselves in BP's confined version of the world). Cut the fragile flower some slack....he's had a busy old week in that head of his. We're broad shouldered enough to gently nudge him in the right direction

  5. #2745
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    In all fairness blackcap, you have to acknowledge that with BP, he has already won the argument in his vacuum chamber and any heretic who contradicts his doctrinal wisdom is consigned to the scrapheap of idiocy (where we no doubt find ourselves in BP's confined version of the world). Cut the fragile flower some slack....he's had a busy old week in that head of his. We're broad shouldered enough to gently nudge him in the right direction
    Fair enough, I shall cut him some slack. It must be so tiring having to point out and rebut every small item that anyone writes that does not conform to his world view. Poor guy's head is probably exploding on a daily basis.

    BP I will give you a tip for free: Pick your battles.

  6. #2746
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    And if you still do not beleive it, the NY Times has gone rogue and I class them as Fake News:

    If you had any doubt The New York Times is the enemy of free people, they're now publishing CCP puppets defending crushing activists in Hong Kong. "Something had to be done, and the Chinese authorities did it." Yeah? **** you.

    https://twitter.com/bdomenech/status...73725830533120
    The NYT clearly marked that item as an Opinion Piece. Many news sites regularly publish opinion pieces. Most of them clearly label them as such; others publish opinion as fact.

    With regards to the opinion expressed, it related to responsibility for health and safety, law and order and the effect of the Anglo-Sino Treaty. Of course ultimate responsibility for safety, peace and security rests with China as Hong Kong is part of China. If people in Hong Kong wants greater local self-determination than already provided for under the basic law treaty then that needs to be discussed with the Government of China. It is worth noting that democratic reforms were only introduced by the UK into Hong Kong towards the end of their New Territories lease period.

    As far as honouring an International Treaty with the UK is concerned then recent actions by the British Government in relation to its Treaty with European countries indicates it has a selective approach to what it agrees to.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 02-10-2020 at 10:34 AM.

  7. #2747
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    6,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    No FCUK off BP, if Ben Shapiro can re-tweet him that is good enough for me. He is a co-founder of The Federalist and that is good enough for me too. I do not trust Wikipedia and will not use that as a "fact checking" source. I am not selling anything as fact. Just bringing stuff out to the open. O by the way, did you know that he is your hero John McCain's (now deceased) son in law?

    Plenty of scumbag reporters and journalists at the NY times that also purport truth when in fact they are spreading rubbish.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    In all fairness blackcap, you have to acknowledge that with BP, he has already won the argument in his vacuum chamber and any heretic who contradicts his doctrinal wisdom is consigned to the scrapheap of idiocy (where we no doubt find ourselves in BP's confined version of the world). Cut the fragile flower some slack....he's had a busy old week in that head of his. We're broad shouldered enough to gently nudge him in the right direction
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Fair enough, I shall cut him some slack. It must be so tiring having to point out and rebut every small item that anyone writes that does not conform to his world view. Poor guy's head is probably exploding on a daily basis.

    BP I will give you a tip for free: Pick your battles.
    Ahh - this must feel good for you .... all this right wing poison which fermented for a long time inside your bodies - now you spit it out.

    Just wondering ... is this all, or is there more to come? Make this forum a lovely place to visit, will you?

    But no need to hold back - just let the venom flow. Only one small thing, John - remember to only post what you would like to see published under your real name. Have a wee chat with your wife, she might be a bit concerned it might rub up on her good name. While I won't hold it against her - others might.

    Cheers guys for demonstrating what ilk you belong to.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  8. #2748
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    No FCUK off BP.
    Uncalled for. I have often disagreed with both you and BP, but that is the nature of discussion on open forum. However that is not acceptable and introduced extreme unpleasantness, in my opinion.

  9. #2749
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Uncalled for. I have often disagreed with both you and BP, but that is the nature of discussion on open forum. However that is not acceptable and introduced extreme unpleasantness, in my opinion.
    Ok fair call, I shall retract that word. That said if BP wants to slander Ben (said author I quoted) that's below the belt too. (Using Wikipedia to back up assertions is just a bit silly now)
    Last edited by blackcap; 02-10-2020 at 11:29 AM.

  10. #2750
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Have a wee chat with your wife, she might be a bit concerned it might rub up on her good name. While I won't hold it against her - others might.

    BP, there is so much double entendre there I wouldn't embarrass her with it. I do appreciate you refraining from rubbing anything against her, but the veiled implication her virtue maybe sullied by some of your bovver boys is concerning

  11. #2751
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    Trump aid, Hope Hicks, who has been travelling with Trump, has coronavirus. I wonder if Trump has been wearing masks and taking precautions in private even if not in public. Will Trump have to self-isolate now?

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/li...083836ec4c4d34

  12. #2752
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Trump aid, Hope Hicks, who has been travelling with Trump, has coronavirus. I wonder if Trump has been wearing masks and taking precautions in private even if not in public. Will Trump have to self-isolate now?

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/li...083836ec4c4d34

    And not just with Trump but also with 20 -30 members of his family & close aides. Imagine if his election team have to self isolate or get sick, could have a massive influence on the election.

  13. #2753
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    13,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    And not just with Trump but also with 20 -30 members of his family & close aides. Imagine if his election team have to self isolate or get sick, could have a massive influence on the election.
    Chances of them catching the virus is very very high.

    Trump states he does not know whether he has it.

    But test now only takes 15 minutes so something’s up.

  14. #2754
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    13,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Chances of them catching the virus is very very high.

    Trump states he does not know whether he has it.

    But test now only takes 15 minutes so something’s up.
    Going into self-quarantine until test results.

    Test result takes 15 minutes so what does that say?
    Last edited by Balance; 02-10-2020 at 03:02 PM.

  15. #2755
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    6,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Chances of them catching the virus is very very high.

    Trump states he does not know whether he has it.

    But test now only takes 15 minutes so something’s up.
    Interesting. Who knows, maybe there is even an elegant biological solution to the problem? I guess he is old, male, dumb and obese ... all risk factors, aren't they?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  16. #2756
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Going into self-quarantine until test results.

    Test result takes 15 minutes so what does that say?
    USA UK and Brazil have been particularly badly hid. Bolsonaro & Johnson got Covid. Perhaps it was just a matter of time? I am not a fan of Trump, but if he is to be toppled from the presidency, I hope it is as a result of the verdict of the American people.

  17. #2757
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    6,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    USA UK and Brazil have been particularly badly hid. Bolsonaro & Johnson got Covid. Perhaps it was just a matter of time? I am not a fan of Trump, but if he is to be toppled from the presidency, I hope it is as a result of the verdict of the American people.
    I agree. Much preferable. However - given that any other president would do a much better job in controlling the virus, anything taking out Trump would save hundreds of thousands of innocent Americans from dying.

    I am sure he would be more than happy to make this sacrifice for his country ... I guess he never did anything else for America, didn't he?

    He was too clever to serve in the army. Apparently only dumb people go for their country into the war. What was it? Ah yes, brain spurs.

    He was too clever to pay taxes. Apparently only dumb people pay taxes.

    So I am sure he will be happy to rid his country of the worst president they ever had.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  18. #2758
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    6,238

    Default

    removed duplicate ...
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 02-10-2020 at 04:17 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  19. #2759
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    No that is not the same.

    Anyway Biden has condemned Antifa violence.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...olent-protests

    However even had he not, why should the President wait for others to condemn violence - no matter the source - first?

    Antifa and Proud Boys
    https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/world/427...who-are-antifa

    Violence on all sides should be condemned by both candidates.
    What are Proud boys? Never heard of them till yesterday. Went to their website to have a look. (Had to go to Duckduckgo to find them)Seems they have been around since 2016 or so. Following excerpts from their website:

    Proud Boys‘ values center on the following tenets:

    Minimal Government
    Maximum Freedom
    Anti-Political Correctness
    Anti-Drug War
    Closed Borders
    Anti-Racial Guilt
    Anti-Racism
    Pro-Free Speech (1st Amendment)
    Pro-Gun Rights (2nd Amendment)
    Glorifying the Entrepreneur
    Venerating the Housewife
    Reinstating a Spirit of Western Chauvinism
    Though these are our central tenets, all that is required to become a Proud Boy is that a man declare he is “a Western chauvinist who refuses to apologize for creating the modern world.”

    Originally, the word “chauvinist” indicated a zealous attitude, over-the-top patriotism. Over time, the word’s connotation also expanded to include bigotry or bias, particularly during the social upheaval of the 1960s. This is where we see popularization of the term “male chauvinist.”

    Now that the term “Western Chauvinist” has hit the mainstream, the word “chauvinist” has developed a third distinct meaning, which I would define as a person displaying blatant or unapologetic patriotism.
    When we Proud Boys say, “I am a proud Western Chauvinist,” we are saying “I am a proud and unabashed proponent of Western Civilization.”

    That is it.

    It has nothing to do with race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, or even national origin.

    News media outlets have displayed an elementary, perhaps blatant, misunderstanding of our usage of the term, even going so far as to imply that Proud Boys adhere to the second definition, i.e. that we believe men are superior to women.

    https://officialproudboys.com/uncate...rn-chauvinist/
    Last edited by blackcap; 02-10-2020 at 04:35 PM.

  20. #2760
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I agree. Much preferable. However - given that any other president would do a much better job in controlling the virus....
    Yes I agree he has been horrendous. He aggravated racial tensions and violently cleared a path so that he could have a photo opportunity outside a church, whose rector and bishop disapproved and were aghast. Perhaps he unleashed holy wrath.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •