sharetrader
Page 185 of 187 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187 LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,700 of 3735

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    Im the one who has tried to stop having balance say fawnecater every two minutes.
    Seems to have been successful.
    Too easy
    Good grief. You posted rubbish. You got called out. Case closed.
    Last edited by iamaskier; 20-11-2020 at 06:11 PM. Reason: unnecessary

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by iamaskier View Post
    Good grief. You posted rubbish. You got called out. Case closed.
    As long as we have people thinking that CO2 is a problem then I will post whatever rubbish I feel like.
    America is going to be in dire straits one way or the other from this political debacle and shoving up a whole lot of windmills is not going to be the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    ......I will post whatever rubbish I feel like......
    So, the answer is that you are deliberately spreading misinformation. You are no different from the fornicator-in-chief then?
    Last edited by Biscuit; 20-11-2020 at 07:01 PM.

Words from a literate, thoughtful US President:

Obama: "If we do not have the capacity to distinguish what’s true from what’s false, then by definition the marketplace of ideas doesn’t work. And by definition our democracy doesn’t work. We are entering into an epistemological crisis.
    I can have an argument with you about what to do about climate change. I can even accept somebody making an argument that, based on what I know about human nature, it’s too late to do anything serious about this—the Chinese aren’t going to do it, the Indians aren’t going to do it—and that the best we can do is adapt. I disagree with that, but I accept that it’s a coherent argument. I don’t know what to say if you simply say, “This is a hoax that the liberals have cooked up, and the scientists are cooking the books. And that footage of glaciers dropping off the shelves of Antarctica and Greenland are all phony.” Where do I start trying to figure out where to do something?"

...anyone got an appropriate, thoughtful comment from the current US President?
    Last edited by Biscuit; 20-11-2020 at 07:48 PM.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/iva...KQL73AM5AZYMI/

Tax fraud investigation against the Fornicator moves ahead.

He will be spending the next 20 years in court facing criminal proceedings and civil law suits (remember Stormy Daniels?).

Likewise many of his supporters will be facing charges too.

So very deliciously satisfying to know!

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Not so much attacking the messenger as calling out bigotry

bigotry
    [ˈbɪɡətri]
    NOUN
    obstinate or unreasonable attachment to a belief, opinion, or faction; in particular, prejudice against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.
    "the difficulties of combating prejudice and bigotry"

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbarton View Post
    The mentality of US voters cannot be understood by normal thinking humans.

I reckon the cap fits
    "Sad old intellectual who does not have the guts to post his own thoughts on the Presidential race as listed wants to take down 5 yr old"
    Pathetic.

Hopefully this thread is still alive in 3 years time. Let's see what kind of shape the US is in after the power is back in the hands of the corrupt woke mob.

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    Hopefully this thread is still alive in 3 years time. Let's see what kind of shape the US is in after the power is back in the hands of the corrupt woke mob.
    You are predicting the "corrupt woke mob" (presumably referring to the Democrats) will take the senate?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbarton View Post
    "Sad old intellectual who does not have the guts to post his own thoughts on the Presidential race as listed wants to take down 5 yr old"
    Pathetic.
    I'm just reluctant to engage with a bigot. Hard to have a conversation with someone with blind prejudices and who misrepresents your point of view through either ignorance or stupidity. You've displayed both, so it really is a dead end. Have fun in the sandspit.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    I'm just reluctant to engage with a bigot. Hard to have a conversation with someone with blind prejudices and who misrepresents your point of view through either ignorance or stupidity. You've displayed both, so it really is a dead end. Have fun in the sandspit.
    You fail with both your argument and your childish name calling.
    Good Bye

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Might have been asked already but does the Electoral College ‘presidential electors’ have to abide by the wishes of the people for each state.

I’ve heard the term ‘faithless elector’
    Reports suggest Trump might be following this path
    “What the wise man does in the beginning, the fool does in the end”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Reports suggest Trump might be following this path
    He is psychologically incapable of conceding. He isn't going to concede but he might just walk away while claiming the election was stolen, and that really he won. For all the fighting talk, the guy is a coward. Ultimately he will be stopped by the Republicans or by the people or by whatever distracts him next.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    He is psychologically incapable of conceding. He isn't going to concede but he might just walk away while claiming the election was stolen, and that really he won. For all the fighting talk, the guy is a coward. Ultimately he will be stopped by the Republicans or by the people or by whatever distracts him next.
    You hit the nail on the head - the Fornicator is a coward and is scared witless & ****less now about going to jail.

He will be spending the rest of his life in court - there's a multitude of cases waiting to befall him once he loses immunity in 2021.

https://www.usnews.com/news/business...er-white-house
    Last edited by Balance; 22-11-2020 at 12:38 PM.

So what does a Biden Presidency mean?

DECENCY.

‘So what does the election of Joe Biden bring to the world? Will good times return? The short answer is yes and no.

Biden is a truly decent human being. He will bring back the civility and generosity that the American spirit is associated with.

However, Biden also knows that he is taking over a deeply divided country, as demonstrated by the huge numbers who voted for Trump even though he was defeated. His priority is to heal his country, not create a better world.

Nonetheless, Biden has at least three opportunities he can capitalise on to retain his positive glow.

First, he can bring back some boredom to the White House. Both America and the world have become exhausted by Trump’s tweets and in-your-face presence. Some calm and reticence by the Biden administration will help to return the world to a certain degree of normalcy.

Biden knows that he cannot do this alone. Fortunately, he has assembled a formidable transitional team of real American heavyweights. They share Biden’s distress over the divisions in the country. Repairing the wounds in American society and bringing back a happy America will be the main priority.

The second opportunity is geopolitical. Biden cannot reverse the US-China geopolitical contest, for reasons I have documented in my book, Has China Won? He would be persecuted if he is seen to be soft on China. Yet, even if he cannot reverse course on China, he can press the pause button on the contest.

Americans believe in common sense. Simple common sense would say that Americans should first deal with the pressing challenges of Covid-19 and economic slowdown, not to mention global warming.

All these problems would be better handled with some degree of cooperation with China. Just as Winston Churchill partnered an adversary, Joseph Stalin, to defeat Adolf Hitler, Biden can partner a competitor, China, to defeat Covid-19. Both Nixon and Lee would have approved such a Machiavellian manoeuvre against a common foe.

The third opportunity lies in stopping America’s drift towards a plutocracy. One key reason why Trump was elected in 2016 was because of the “sea of despair” among the white working classes. This is because America is the only major developed economy where the average income of the bottom 50% has gone down. The anguish of these white working classes must be dealt with. Some redistribution must take place.

Reagan delegitimised taxes. Biden must re-legitimise them. And, if America’s many plutocrats are wise, they would support him.

In short, Biden can apply some gentle soothing balm on the many wounds generated by the Trump presidency.

His greatest asset is his decency.

Plain decency will bring a lot of healing to America.

Trump may have been cruel to call him “Sleepy Joe”.

Yet a “Sleepy Joe” and calm American presidency may be good for America and the world.

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-...71e02e9b8affe1

Impossible to get a more scathing & complete rejection & put down by a judge of the Fornicator’s pathetic amateurish attempt to overturn election results.

“.... saying arguments in the case had been “haphazardly stitched together … like Frankenstein’s monster”.
    Last edited by Balance; 22-11-2020 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

DECENCY.

‘So what does the election of Joe Biden bring to the world? Will good times return? The short answer is yes and no.

Biden is a truly decent human being. He will bring back the civility and generosity that the American spirit is associated with.

However, Biden also knows that he is taking over a deeply divided country, as demonstrated by the huge numbers who voted for Trump even though he was defeated. His priority is to heal his country, not create a better world.

Nonetheless, Biden has at least three opportunities he can capitalise on to retain his positive glow.

First, he can bring back some boredom to the White House. Both America and the world have become exhausted by Trump’s tweets and in-your-face presence. Some calm and reticence by the Biden administration will help to return the world to a certain degree of normalcy.

Biden knows that he cannot do this alone. Fortunately, he has assembled a formidable transitional team of real American heavyweights. They share Biden’s distress over the divisions in the country. Repairing the wounds in American society and bringing back a happy America will be the main priority.

The second opportunity is geopolitical. Biden cannot reverse the US-China geopolitical contest, for reasons I have documented in my book, Has China Won? He would be persecuted if he is seen to be soft on China. Yet, even if he cannot reverse course on China, he can press the pause button on the contest.

Americans believe in common sense. Simple common sense would say that Americans should first deal with the pressing challenges of Covid-19 and economic slowdown, not to mention global warming.

All these problems would be better handled with some degree of cooperation with China. Just as Winston Churchill partnered an adversary, Joseph Stalin, to defeat Adolf Hitler, Biden can partner a competitor, China, to defeat Covid-19. Both Nixon and Lee would have approved such a Machiavellian manoeuvre against a common foe.

The third opportunity lies in stopping America’s drift towards a plutocracy. One key reason why Trump was elected in 2016 was because of the “sea of despair” among the white working classes. This is because America is the only major developed economy where the average income of the bottom 50% has gone down. The anguish of these white working classes must be dealt with. Some redistribution must take place.

Reagan delegitimised taxes. Biden must re-legitimise them. And, if America’s many plutocrats are wise, they would support him.

In short, Biden can apply some gentle soothing balm on the many wounds generated by the Trump presidency.

Yet a “Sleepy Joe” and calm American presidency may be good for America and the world.
    Decency, you have got to be joking. He has been lining his pockets with corruption for years.

Decency, you have got to be joking. He has been lining his pockets with corruption for years.
    Proof?

You sound like the Fornicator and his brown nosing losers - show us that you are not.

Legend

DECENCY.

Where did you get that script from?

Proof?

You sound like the Fornicator and his brown nosing losers - show us that you are not.
    You have my word I am not Trump. I'm someone with half a brain that can see Joe and his like for what they are. It's that obvious.

You have my word I am not Trump. I'm someone with half a brain that can see Joe and his like for what they are. It's that obvious.
    Proof required of the so called Biden corruption.

You owe it to yourself and your family NOT to be like another low life peddler of lies and unfounded conspiracies like the Fornicator.
    Last edited by Balance; 22-11-2020 at 05:57 PM.