sharetrader
Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 2014
  1. #21
    The Wolf of Sharetrader
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    On my Superyacht
    Posts
    1,286

    Default

    Saw a funny quote today;

    America, you might call this an election, but the rest of the world is viewing it as your I.Q. test. And it's not looking good.

  2. #22
    Membaa
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    3,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Saw a funny quote today;

    America, you might call this an election, but the rest of the world is viewing it as your I.Q. test. And it's not looking good.
    Lol, rotflmao.

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    176

    Default

    The America haters are lapping up what the media presents us with.
    I learnt long ago not to trust what the media wants us to believe.

  4. #24
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sth Island. New Zealand.
    Posts
    4,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAYAY View Post
    The America haters are lapping up what the media presents us with.
    I learnt long ago not to trust what the media wants us to believe.
    Care to elaborate?

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Mid of Middle_earth
    Posts
    877

    Default

    Impressive Trump showing maybe but my gut-o-meter says that this Vulgar_ian aspiring comedian to the White House will still be fighting or begging for delegates when it comes to the Convention proper. He doesn't got enough delegates at this point yet.

  6. #26
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    , , napier. n.z..
    Posts
    1,659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Impressive Trump showing maybe but my gut-o-meter says that this Vulgar_ian aspiring comedian to the White House will still be fighting or begging for delegates when it comes to the Convention proper. He doesn't got enough delegates at this point yet.
    $50 says he is the candidate barring some nutter with a gun intervening.

  7. #27
    Veteran novice
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    7,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Impressive Trump showing maybe but my gut-o-meter says that this Vulgar_ian aspiring comedian to the White House will still be fighting or begging for delegates when it comes to the Convention proper. He doesn't got enough delegates at this point yet.
    Hasn't he "not got enough votes yet" only because not enough primaries have been held yet?

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Impressive Trump showing maybe but my gut-o-meter says that this Vulgar_ian aspiring comedian to the White House will still be fighting or begging for delegates when it comes to the Convention proper. He doesn't got enough delegates at this point yet.
    Will the Republicans self destruct? http://www.forwardprogressives.com/t...eir-own-party/

    westerly

  9. #29
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sth Island. New Zealand.
    Posts
    4,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    $50 says he is the candidate barring some nutter with a gun intervening.
    Future generations might look back and be pizzed off there wasn't a nutter with a gun.

  10. #30
    FEAR n GREED JBmurc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Central Otago
    Posts
    7,264

    Default

    I think the fact is Trump is the dead opposite to the likes of Clinton(Obama stage 2) .....Is the reason for his appeal ...the Yanks just love to be entertained aka... Bush ...his EGO is as big as the USA
    People don't have ideas, ideas have people

  11. #31
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    I think the fact is Trump is the dead opposite to the likes of Clinton(Obama stage 2) .....Is the reason for his appeal ...the Yanks just love to be entertained aka... Bush ...his EGO is as big as the USA
    Interestingly at exit polls yesterday a majority of Democrats that voted for Sanders as number 1, had Trump as their number 2 choice (for president) ie if not Sanders then who. Now that is really interesting. So many disillusioned Democrats that are in the socialist Sanders camp, could end up voting for Trump (assuming he gets the nomination). However odds tend to support a Clinton Victory in November, she is currently at 1.59, Trump is at 4.20.

  12. #32
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    What is dumb that it took till 2014 for an American to realise and then write about. We were already laughing at Americans way back when - remember the comedy skit which featured Reagan and "the presidents brain is missing"
    From the British Spittin' Image program. But then the Brits elected Tony Blair who was George W's poodle so maybe the last laugh was on the Brits!

  13. #33
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,285

    Default

    I like the photo of Christie "endorsing" Trump...It looks like Christie is doing an impression based on Edvard Munch's "Scream" and thinking "I endorse you, but I regret the decision, I don't like what you say and I am in my own personal hell!"

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Mid of Middle_earth
    Posts
    877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Hasn't he "not got enough votes yet" only because not enough primaries have been held yet?
    The Vulgar_ian has only 319 delegates so far and still a far cry from the 1,237 he needs to clinch the nomination outright. Cruz has 226 while Rubio got 113. Unlike Super Tuesday where the delegates were divided based on the results, March 15 primary is a winner take-all for all "delegates" on offer and that could be more telling when the results are in.

  15. #35
    FEAR n GREED JBmurc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Central Otago
    Posts
    7,264

    Default

    You would think Clinton would most likely get the win ...(some say Trump was put in place to help Clinton long term friends etc etc)...

    Then with Clinton in power we have the fact she see Russian's Vladimir Putin as another Hitler ...aka Cold War #2
    People don't have ideas, ideas have people

  16. #36
    One Fearsome Feline winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    27,042

    Default

    Republican powers to be thought they could allow the American economy to remain a rigged game indefinitely. The voters think otherwise.

    That’s why Trump is winning.

    Didn't somebody once say if you don’t give people capitalism they’ll take socialism.
    “Just consider that maybe the probability of you being wrong is higher than you think.”

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    LA/ChCh/AKL
    Posts
    1,147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Republican powers to be thought they could allow the American economy to remain a rigged game indefinitely. The voters think otherwise.

    That’s why Trump is winning.

    Didn't somebody once say if you don’t give people capitalism they’ll take socialism.
    I'm working current in the US and you have a point, people work very hard in commerce over here and it is much more harsh environment than home. They have a very detached democracy and many are alienated from the current political system and how it plays out in their day to day lives. I would not discount Trump gaining the support to seriously compete in an election.

  18. #38
    Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Even he doesn't know what his beliefs are. Between Trump and that North Korean nutter, they'd somehow manage to blow something to bits. Probably the planet.
    He knows what his beliefs are --He's a business man/con artist--there are untold fortunes to be made --this campaign is an investment.
    He will say what people want to hear (which gets back to the IQ thing)

    Dont believe anything he says--there is only one important issue...How does he get his hair that color??

  19. #39
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    , , napier. n.z..
    Posts
    1,659

    Default

    You know I think America, and probably the world needs Donald Trump. I know the Peaceful People see the prospect of a war as beyond their wildest nightmares. But a very high percentage of or advances came about because of war, and it certainly clears a lot of dross. I've stood behind a machine gun and I wouldn't wish it on anyone but this crap about all people loving all people doesn't work. Currently we have ISIS making fast progress into the heart of our western civilisation. The fat Korean nobody is starving his people to death, except the harem of young girls who provide his pleasure, and getting headlines every day as if he was a god instead of a w*n*er. Putin sees himself as the new Napoleon and most of our western politicians pull a blanket over their head and hope that it will all go away. Just maybe, Trump will call some bluffs as President of the USA and half of us may get wiped out in the process but those who remain will have a tidier world, hopefully free of ISIS and a fat Korean. And now back to the horses and the Bourbon.Bugger, I missed a race.
    Last edited by craic; 04-03-2016 at 05:19 PM.

  20. #40
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    8,943

    Default

    Trump is another fat korean

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •