sharetrader
Page 3 of 188 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    You know I think America, and probably the world needs Donald Trump. I know the Peaceful People see the prospect of a war as beyond their wildest nightmares. But a very high percentage of or advances came about because of war, and it certainly clears a lot of dross. I've stood behind a machine gun and I wouldn't wish it on anyone but this crap about all people loving all people doesn't work. Currently we have ISIS making fast progress into the heart of our western civilisation. The fat Korean nobody is starving his people to death, except the harem of young girls who provide his pleasure, and getting headlines every day as if he was a god instead of a w*n*er. Putin sees himself as the new Napoleon and most of our western politicians pull a blanket over their head and hope that it will all go away. Just maybe, Trump will call some bluffs as President of the USA and half of us may get wiped out in the process but those who remain will have a tidier world, hopefully free of ISIS and a fat Korean. And now back to the horses and the Bourbon.Bugger, I missed a race.
    That stuff doesnt work--We just have'nt had someone come along yet who has the intelligence to help rebuild instead of bomb(at least in the case of ISIS)-If villages and cities have an infrastructure they can get on with life rather than join ISIS,in desperation--not an easy task,but pouring fuel on the fire ,just makes a bigger fire,and no matter how big and powerful ,you cannot fight guerrilla warfare and terrorism.
    They tried it in Viet Nam--they finally gave up and left -it rebuilt and now they go there for vacation.--You cant take away peoples basic survival and expect them to not retaliate--stable life is ISIS's biggest enemy--they need discontent.

Russia has already been defeated--North Korea is a tougher nut to crack--Its not the push over some may think.

its a bit of a long read but this article shows the complexities of war and and the result when you stumble in with guns blazing

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/...power_20160222
    Last edited by skid; 05-03-2016 at 08:11 AM.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Looking another step closer to Trump v Clinton

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/america...espite-attacks

My man Rubio out of the race. A few money men behind him will be gutted

Didn't run a good campaign - should have hired me as his manager
    “What the wise man does in the beginning, the fool does in the end”

12743526_10209146332444048_8726486533478483253_n.jpg

...You don't **** with the Russkis
    People don't have ideas, ideas have people

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    12743526_10209146332444048_8726486533478483253_n.jpg

...You don't **** with the Russkis
    Now JBmurc, that is a very interesting post, because the media were seemingly very unimpressed by Trumps comments to go after terrorists families. Yet this suggests the Russians did it with great success. Putin seems to follow this hard line thinking and is very popular. Perhaps that's the secret of Trumps success so far, people want a no b#llsh!t hard-line leader who will put America first.

With Putin's recent warm fuzzy comments on Trump, if Trump gets into power, perhaps we will see a 'warm war' between the US and Russia.

Been meaning to post these for a while now. This commentator is one of my favourites. He spans a wide range of subjects ranging from politics, to "peak everything", to the religions of progress and apocalypse, America as an empire, etc, etc. He is one of the clearer thinking and balanced voices on the web, in my view.

Anyway, his perspectives on Trump and Hillary (and the state of US politics generally) are well worth a read. For those who want to explore a bit, he also links several older related posts.

http://thearchdruidreport.blogspot.c...esentment.html

http://thearchdruidreport.blogspot.c...y-clinton.html
    Last edited by cyclist; 17-03-2016 at 02:30 PM. Reason: too many s's

Legend

This article was sent to me, about the elections in general.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics...th-us-election

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post

With Putin's recent warm fuzzy comments on Trump, if Trump gets into power, perhaps we will see a 'warm war' between the US and Russia.
    Maybe as the Vulgar_ian comedian aspiring to be in the White House will make use of everything to deliver a point .......http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ua...source=twitter

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Now JBmurc, that is a very interesting post, because the media were seemingly very unimpressed by Trumps comments to go after terrorists families. Yet this suggests the Russians did it with great success. Putin seems to follow this hard line thinking and is very popular. Perhaps that's the secret of Trumps success so far, people want a no b#llsh!t hard-line leader who will put America first.

I agree for all of trumps nutting angles I do agree with the Fight Fire with Fire ,,,

The Obama /H. Clinton have taken the USA back down the road to Cold/Proxy wars with Russia ...I agree Trump looks purely at an angle of making the USA much stronger international be it working with old enemies .

...Also trump wants to stop Major US companies from making their products in the likes of China if they can be made in the USA..

-making the TAX structure much more simpler aka less tax breaks for the muti-nationals corps

Trump is certainly out there on some issues ....mexican wall ...send all muslims home etc ....but many thing stands he for makes
    perfect sense ..

Quote from one of Trumps closest advisers, Blanche Sprague
    "Trump’s first lesson to her had been 'bad publicity is better than no publicity at all'""

And haven't we seen that... for sure on purpose to drag the media in..

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by cyclist View Post
    Been meaning to post these for a while now. This commentator is one of my favourites. He spans a wide range of subjects ranging from politics, to "peak everything", to the religions of progress and apocalypse, America as an empire, etc, etc. He is one of the clearer thinking and balanced voices on the web, in my view.

Anyway, his perspectives on Trump and Hillary (and the state of US politics generally) are well worth a read. For those who want to explore a bit, he also links several older related posts.

http://thearchdruidreport.blogspot.c...esentment.html

http://thearchdruidreport.blogspot.c...y-clinton.html
    Very thought provoking stuff--Trump is simply tapping into a problem that has been growing for some time now-(we all knew it didnt we?corporations buying politicians and Governments--The normal working Joe forever trampled by the system-Now its just more out in the open--I only wish there was a little less of a lunatic promoting the cause.......thanx for the links
    Last edited by skid; 18-03-2016 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Very thought provoking stuff--Trump is simply tapping into a problem that has been growing for some time now-(we all knew it didnt we?corporations buying politicians and Governments--The normal working Joe forever trampled by the system-Now its just more out in the open--I only wish there was a little less of a lunatic promoting the cause.......thanx for the links
    -Sanders looks to also be be for the common man....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    I think Adolf Hitler tapped into similar sentiments in Germany in the 1930's.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    -Sanders looks to also be be for the common man....
    He seems to make the most sense to me--but America appears to be in a very rebellious mood.

Trump's path from here
    Based on several projections, Trump may not acquire the required pledged delegates to the GOP convention - the last time that happened was 1976 when Gerald Ford, the sitting president after Nixon's exit was challenged by Ronald Reagan, Governor of California. As a result, there was a ballot and Ford secured the nomination by 52.6% to Reagan's 47.4% - Ford subsequently lost the election to Jimmy Carter in a photo finish to serve just one term. Both candidates were long serving Republicans and Reagan secured the nomination at the next convention and went on to defeat Carter who served one term.

If Trump doesn't obtain the required pledged delegates, then the ballot rules are such that the delegates choose to vote, free from the direction of the primaries or the caucases in their states. Typically, these delegates are usually long standing Republican party officials - you can bet that the Republican establishment has the local and state leaders working overtime to stack the delegate nominations away from Trump. Trump has been counting on winning enough of the pledged delegates to get across the line but if he doesn't, the GOP establishment will probably have picked Kasich (possibly Cruz) to go head to head at the convention. Trump will put enormous pressure on the GOP to nominate him as the popular choice but his organisation will be busy trying to get his people into the delegate pool. It will be much harder for him as he won't have the connections - but his rhetoric has been changing of late to one of unity rather than divisiveness but he could meet his Waterloo at the convention.

In contrast, the Democrats are almost certain to have Clinton as their nomination - Sanders can't win enough votes from here and unlike the GOP, the Democrats have the superdelegates with about 500 delegate votes that overwhelmingly stacked to Clinton including of course Bill who is part of the DPL superdelegates as a former President. Sanders has had a victory in that Clinton has moved her policy goalposts toward Sanders to close up the gap. If Clinton wins, which is the slightly more likely scenario for February 2017 then Sanders will have had a significant influence on policy for the next cycle or two.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Rep View Post
    Trump's path from here
    If Clinton wins, which is the slightly more likely scenario for February 2017 then Sanders will have had a significant influence on policy for the next cycle or two.
    And the USA will have Hillary for president. Perhaps not as frightening as Trump, but almost certainly sillier.

http://moralmatters.org/2014/10/11/h...complishments/

“My accomplishments as Secretary of State? Well, I’m glad you asked! My proudest accomplishment in which I take the most pride, mostly because of the opposition it faced early on, you know. the remnants of prior situations and mindsets that were too narrowly focused in a manner whereby they may have overlooked the bigger picture and we didn’t do that and I’m proud of that. Very proud. I would say that’s a major accomplishment.”

– Hillary Clinton 11 March 2014

Kalgan is a Republican and once was an advisor to Hilary Clinton. He is also connected to the secret clubs that influence US policy.

Kagan is saying if the Republicans can't rein in Trump they need to throw the election to ensure Hillary wins.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...mepage%2Fstory
    “What the wise man does in the beginning, the fool does in the end”

Lot of water to go under the bridge before the election, and still possible Hillary won't be able to stand.

The GOP will be in trouble with Trump and without him. "We the people" will not take kindly to perceiving democracy manipulated. Perception being all, regardless of any spin. And Trump certainly managed to get the voters out in a big way. That's potentially a lot of disquiet.

If Trump makes it to the White House, how much grief could he actually cause. He's populist to be sure, but also pretty smart.

He'd only serve one term, in all likelihood.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Lot of water to go under the bridge before the election, and still possible Hillary won't be able to stand.

The GOP will be in trouble with Trump and without him. "We the people" will not take kindly to perceiving democracy manipulated. Perception being all, regardless of any spin. And Trump certainly managed to get the voters out in a big way. That's potentially a lot of disquiet.

If Trump makes it to the White House, how much grief could he actually cause. He's populist to be sure, but also pretty smart.

He'd only serve one term, in all likelihood.
    Or less. Remember John Kennedy - he didn't make a full term and we all know what stopped him.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Or less. Remember John Kennedy - he didn't make a full term and we all know what stopped him.
    I think the security forces, CIA and FBI would be on side with Trump. He would probably give them heeps more funding. He would need them for his gunboat diplomacy and to keep a check on Mexicans, Muslims and others on his black list. Anyway John Key in an interview with Jessica Mutch has said you should not rely on what is said in election campaigns! In other words Trump will accept the TPP and not build a border wall despite whatever he says. Hooray for democracy!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I think the security forces, CIA and FBI would be on side with Trump. He would probably give them heeps more funding. He would need them for his gunboat diplomacy and to keep a check on Mexicans, Muslims and others on his black list. Anyway John Key in an interview with Jessica Mutch has said you should not rely on what is said in election campaigns! In other words Trump will accept the TPP and not build a border wall despite whatever he says. Hooray for democracy!
    Exactly ....Trump is full of hot air most of the time ...like 90% of election campaign propaganda / and round 10-20% of his makes sense so could well work well >>