sharetrader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oil Companies

Default Oil Companies

My thought is that the weakness in oil price might be a good opportunity to buy
    Your thoughts on any oil company shares to investment in would be appreciated
    Last edited by Jack; 19-03-2016 at 08:22 PM.

Yes but at the same time good to keep on the watchlist to after JUNE (Tax loss selling) .....HZN one to look over if they can restructure debt they will rocket as they do have low costs per bbl
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Yes but at the same time good to keep on the watchlist to after JUNE (Tax loss selling) .....HZN one to look over if they can restructure debt they will rocket as they do have low costs per bbl
    Good point but it will depend on what happens to the oil price.

If oil keeps going up in the short term it may have a positive effect on oil stocks.

My favourites are FAR, BRU & OEL but that has been the case for a few years now.

FAR have 15% of what appears to be a massive discovery in Senegal West Africa.

Buru have a very large acreage in the Canning Basin of W.A. and have a recent oil discovery in their Ungani field which should increase production once restarted(oil price and new transport method). They also have what they are calling a world class tight gas prospect which has just had a limited test which they appear to be happy with. They have released their annual report tonight and it is worth a read.

Otto Energy sold out of a production field in the Philippines at the top of the market and have now reinvested some money into Alaska and the Gulf of Mexico. They are currently drilling in G.O.M. And results are expected soon. They should also drill a well in a very prospective lease in Tanzania this year but delays may happen. They should also be doing some work with their partners in Alaska in early 2017 according to their release. They have already doubled in price from a ridiculous price but still have a lot of cash and promise in my opinion.

I am sure there are a lot of stories like the above stocks but these have good management and 2 already have recent success and Otto is currently drilling.

These 3 should give you a start with stocks to research before making a decision.

If the oil price does go up it should be good for all these stocks although we are talking about the asx so no guarantees that is for sure.

Good Luck
    Last edited by hal; 22-03-2016 at 01:07 AM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    oil stocks are not buy and hold because of the cyclical nature of the oil price and they mostly don't give you a dividend.

BPT and AWE are also worth a look as they are beaten down and have great producing assets.

They will rise with oil.

We should see some volatility in oil markets in the short run. This could be year of oil price volatility as well.

http://www.theweek.co.uk/oil-price/6...al-meaningless

Oil price rally 'has run its course for now'

Latest huge inventory build in US adds to fears over ongoing supply glut
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 25-03-2016 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    hey jack if oil prices rebound eventually hzn will be a solid 500% return, but a near certain 2 bagger...
    it has exploration appraisal development and production and is full on them all... so it is well diversified.... it has
    100 million barrels in reserves... producing 4000 bopd I think... with a mear 100 million dollar market cap I can't say ive seen anything ever looking like this...
    HZN has the asset class that it could pull off a AWE type deal where an asset sale could come in worth double the market cap of the company...
    this is the supreme play...

HZN is also one of the few oilers that hasn't rebounded off the lows of the crashing oil market whereas most of the others have come up off their bottoms...

hal is right with his picks mate...
    BRU also will be a riskless bagger as the new drilling season comes in...
    interesting with OEL in a trading halt over over drilling news seems like that is going to come in favourable as a trade...
    FAR is beasting up reserves...
    AWE is a great buy for the conservative investor... but hzn really has it all for the bigger and more certain returns in theory

.^sc

holding hzn and oel,oel bought before its capital return and afterward. So still under the water. I also got sea and lng both have debt concerns.

Check out 88e

Guru
    Last edited by kiora; 13-01-2021 at 01:44 AM.

That read like a sales pitch you would see on an informercial, then you read the end of the article:

"ADVERTISEMENT. This communication is not a recommendation to buy or sell securities. Oilprice.com, Advanced Media Solutions Ltd, and their owners, managers, employees, and assigns (collectively “the Company”) have been paid by Recon seventy thousand U.S. dollars to write and disseminate this article. As the Company has been paid for this article, there is a major conflict with our ability to be unbiased"

Their last annual report says they spent a hell of a lot on marketing compared to actually exploring... if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...