sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30
  1. #16
    Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Except registering would give you back approx. 13% of the purchase price .
    except compulsory zero rating on property purchases. Been in a few years.

  2. #17
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sth Island. New Zealand.
    Posts
    4,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    except compulsory zero rating on property purchases. Been in a few years.
    The changes a few years ago (2011)make it compulsory to zero rate between 2 registered parties. A non registered vendor cannot zero rate. He or she sells inclusive of gst and the purchaser can claim it back. I posted links after your previous post. Plenty of info online about the changes.

  3. #18
    Legend JBmurc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Central Otago
    Posts
    6,491

    Default

    Yes for sure guess you have to weigh up the different options.... GST reg will mean a lot more accountant costs , also be paying 15% more tax on my nett profit p.a ? then when I go to sell I'd be paying 15% extra tax ?

    Also if I just purchased for rental income (sub 60k) wouldn't I also not have to pay any Capital Gains tax say in 10-15yrs time ..where if I buy reg GST ...I'd be paying TAX+GST ....

    will certainly be going over with the accountant before any offers

    p.s ....loading the flat up ...the current owner has like 10 tenants in the small 4bed unit...
    Sell the hype, buy the fear. Always second guess the sentiment but trust in the fundamentals

  4. #19
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sth Island. New Zealand.
    Posts
    4,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Yes for sure guess you have to weigh up the different options.... GST reg will mean a lot more accountant costs , also be paying 15% more tax on my nett profit p.a ? then when I go to sell I'd be paying 15% extra tax ?

    Also if I just purchased for rental income (sub 60k) wouldn't I also not have to pay any Capital Gains tax say in 10-15yrs time ..where if I buy reg GST ...I'd be paying TAX+GST ....

    will certainly be going over with the accountant before any offers

    p.s ....loading the flat up ...the current owner has like 10 tenants in the small 4bed unit...
    Yes. You need to talk to your accountant. GST does not change the tax on your net profit, and won't change the net profit either if you can add GST to the rent, which the tenants claim back anyway so is probably no increase to them. Depends on the current situation and their GST status. From what I understand from your details there could well be an advantage in registering. 13% refund from first GST return for one.
    We do not have a capital gains tax, but sometimes income tax is payable on capital gained. Whether you are GST registered or not is irrelevant to any tax on sale - it depends on intent at time of purchase. The 10 or 15 years doesn't come into it. If you buy and intend to sell in 100 years your capital gained is taxable, but if you haven't blatantly traded and sell because of a change in circumstances you almost certainly will not be taxed.

  5. #20
    Legend JBmurc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Central Otago
    Posts
    6,491

    Default

    right many thanks
    Sell the hype, buy the fear. Always second guess the sentiment but trust in the fundamentals

  6. #21
    An awesome cool cat
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    18,258

    Default

    Stupid question ....and being lazy

    Roughy how much to rebuild a small commercial building in Wellington (per sq metre). Basic 200sqm warehouse concrete/block iron roof two story

    Just checking if insurance adequate

    Thanks
    Politics is just noise - company fundamentals win out at the end of the day

  7. #22
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sth Island. New Zealand.
    Posts
    4,119

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Stupid question ....and being lazy

    Roughy how much to rebuild a small commercial building in Wellington (per sq metre). Basic 200sqm warehouse concrete/block iron roof two story

    Just checking if insurance adequate

    Thanks
    How long is a string of sausages? Facilities will make a big difference. I'm not up to date, certainly not with Wellington. There is a huge variation in concrete prices in the different centres. That's not much help but any builder will give you a rough enough figure, or if you have a pet valuer they have a chart of per meter rates which he might send you for nix. I'd take a stab but for the two storey factor. Surely it's not all concrete block? The other thing to consider is whether you would rebuild in block. These days tilt slab construction is far superior.

    P.S. Never apologise for being lazy or any other attribute.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 09-06-2016 at 08:55 AM. Reason: post script

  8. #23
    An awesome cool cat
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    18,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    How long is a string of sausages? Facilities will make a big difference. I'm not up to date, certainly not with Wellington. There is a huge variation in concrete prices in the different centres. That's not much help but any builder will give you a rough enough figure, or if you have a pet valuer they have a chart of per meter rates which he might send you for nix. I'd take a stab but for the two storey factor. Surely it's not all concrete block? The other thing to consider is whether you would rebuild in block. These days tilt slab construction is far superior.

    P.S. Never apologise for being lazy or any other attribute.
    Thanks

    I'll get the builder to 'assess'

    Come to think about it it is tilt slab with steel beams etc .....and pretty basic interior
    Politics is just noise - company fundamentals win out at the end of the day

  9. #24
    Legend JBmurc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Central Otago
    Posts
    6,491

    Default

    Well after making muti offers for the PGG commercial properties I ended up getting outbid .....pretty much every decent property I have looked at in recent time has been brought by a Auckland investor ...so have given up on the yield investment at this stage ...

    And ended up buying two side by side lake view sections here in central otago 50k under most likely R.V(using neighboring sections) when titles come due early 2017 ....
    (10% deposit now) just down the road from our new home ...looking at many options (spec build, sell after title, build new home)

    disc- any ST members wanting a nice freehold holiday - retirement home late 2017 ...drop me a PM
    Last edited by JBmurc; 09-06-2016 at 09:47 AM.
    Sell the hype, buy the fear. Always second guess the sentiment but trust in the fundamentals

  10. #25
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sth Island. New Zealand.
    Posts
    4,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Well after making muti offers for the PGG commercial properties I ended up getting outbid .....pretty much every decent property I have looked at in recent time has been brought by a Auckland investor ...so have given up on the yield investment at this stage ...

    And ended up buying two side by side lake view sections here in central otago 50k under most likely R.V(using neighboring sections) when titles come due early 2017 ....
    (10% deposit now) just down the road from our new home ...looking at many options (spec build, sell after title, build new home)

    disc- any ST members wanting a nice freehold holiday - retirement home late 2017 ...drop me a PM
    Well done and good luck with the purchase. Pretty hard to go wrong with Central Otago's future. I have been trying to find the post where you quoted price and yield of Wrightson's building in Gore. Be grateful if you could quote the figures again. I'm trying to find yields that Gore properties have sold at. Or even if you know price/income of anything on market at present.

  11. #26
    Legend JBmurc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Central Otago
    Posts
    6,491

    Default

    the Gore PGG sold at think it was a 7-8% net yield .. in the end I was trying to go for the Tapanui 10-11% net yield ...but not to be ..

    yes Central Otago(southern lakes+central) is booming during the peak season our population would surpass Dunedin's (120k) many thousands
    of sections coming on stream in the near term ...Hanley farm the latest ...doesn't look like the growth here is slowing down
    Sell the hype, buy the fear. Always second guess the sentiment but trust in the fundamentals

  12. #27
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sth Island. New Zealand.
    Posts
    4,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    the Gore PGG sold at think it was a 7-8% net yield .. in the end I was trying to go for the Tapanui 10-11% net yield ...but not to be ..

    yes Central Otago(southern lakes+central) is booming during the peak season our population would surpass Dunedin's (120k) many thousands
    of sections coming on stream in the near term ...Hanley farm the latest ...doesn't look like the growth here is slowing down
    Thanks. Found your post which says Gore sold at 1.3 mill on rent of 123,000 (according to listing). That looks like 9.5%. I found listing still on trademe.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 10-06-2016 at 04:24 PM.

  13. #28
    Legend JBmurc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Central Otago
    Posts
    6,491

    Default

    Now looking to buy PGG Wrightson Wyndham, Southland ... 10.55% net yeild.. 10yr fixed term lease (25yr total)

    over 484sqm of buildings 1960 to 2010 min NBS-67%.... on half arce of main street land ....
    Sell the hype, buy the fear. Always second guess the sentiment but trust in the fundamentals

  14. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Tauranga
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Hi JB, Interested in you comments on central otago property. I'm located in BOP so not too familiar with the state of the market down there. Is the market quieter lately or still pumping ?

  15. #30
    Legend JBmurc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Central Otago
    Posts
    6,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    Hi JB, Interested in you comments on central otago property. I'm located in BOP so not too familiar with the state of the market down there. Is the market quieter lately or still pumping ?
    Well there is still many new houses getting built and sections selling all at much higher levels ... here in Cromwell region (where we moved from Qutown) just under 2yrs ago we secured a property here 280sqm 208 brick for 550k ....a few weeks ago westpac valued at a 45% higher value.. (as to why I can now BUY the above post PGG building at 4.35% 2yr fixed rates using the free equity)

    Pretty much next to nil rental properties in Central Otago usually 1-3 advertised for whole area ...the lakes district Qutown- Wanaka $700pw+ will get you decent enough family rental ... so very tight rental market ...

    I just can't see the growth in values continuing even though I see developers are trying http://hpgroup.kiwi/pricing/

    when we purchased early 2016 you could have secured many section in the cromwell township for 120-150k 600-700sqm

    Alexandra prices have also continued higher but you can still buy at decent levels ...and come across this lifestyle sections at the right price 260k etc better buying in the region next door to the local GOLF Club ...https://www.trademe.co.nz/property/r...2Z9cJ8aU%2fowQ


    Queenstown / Wanaka pure madness pricing still but have much more listings at crazy high prices ... I'd hate to know the average debt loads many of the locals are under>>>

    ....I really don't see a major correction more so flatline and any force sales being soaked up my sideline buyers ...no other place in the country I'd rather live(and as do so many others as to demand Vs supply)
    Last edited by JBmurc; 03-12-2017 at 08:51 AM.
    Sell the hype, buy the fear. Always second guess the sentiment but trust in the fundamentals

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •