sharetrader

Default Advice for newbie would be greatly appreciated

Greetings all,
    I have no previous experience in share trading at all, but this is the area that always fascinated me, so in the last couple of month I have been doing a bit of reading on this forum and other sites, as well as purchasing and reading the 'How to make money in stocks" book following the advice given on this forum to others. Now I am feeling brave enough to dip my toes in the online trading, and hoping for advice. As I only have $1,000 to invest( yes, I realise the amount is totally pitiful, but I guess I have to start somewhere) I am thinking about trading in Australian stock in hope to build my cash base, but being totally prepared to loose it. I was thinking about using ASB securities Foreign Currency account. Would that be the best way to go about it or is there any more cost effective way of doing it, as I don't really want to have any potential gain being consumed by fees ? Thank you in advance for any help

Welcome aboard.

NZ shareholders association do courses.
    https://www.nzshareholders.co.nz/sha...-education.cfm
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Thank you�� Will contact Christchurch branch and see if they offer any courses down south.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybehobbi View Post
    Thank you�� Will contact Christchurch branch and see if they offer any courses down south.
    Would be interested to know if they do?

Bear in mind ASB (and I assume other brokers) have a minimum charge per trade (ASB's is $30) so I don't really know if it would be cost effective trading with a small amount.