sharetrader
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    For croplogic, I think they made a mistake of being too technical. They should have launched a MVP earlier to get out to market.
    Yup. Doesn't appear to be any urgency to sell anything.
    5 years of development, securing IP rights, etc etc, and still no customers?
    I think you've hit the nail on the head. They've done the absolute opposite of selling a minimum viable product and seeing what the market wants early. They are still saying that their use of funds includes securing additional IP rights!

Last day for Veriphi on Snowball effect, comfortably over the minimum target now, added about 100k in the last day or two. I guess plenty have been waiting till the last minute to avoid tying up funds for too long or having them returned if the minimum wasn't hit.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mfd View Post
    Last day for Veriphi on Snowball effect, comfortably over the minimum target now, added about 100k in the last day or two. I guess plenty have been waiting till the last minute to avoid tying up funds for too long or having them returned if the minimum wasn't hit.
    Yes - one of the disadvantages of the Snowball platform. Why would you invest early and tie up funds. Even if over the minimum, why pay early. I think this does have an impact on some of their campaigns as if you could commit without paying, then you would commit earlier and make the campaign look like it had more momentum.

I haven't invested in Veriphi. Very big potential market but a high valuation given they dont know if it will work. What was it? about $8m pre money valuation and still dont know if it will make money. Having said that, what is PEB's valuation

Guru

Not much going on and Two of the early ones face big write downs. Carbonspace raised a new round at 25% the previous round and Aeronavics has failed to raise a second round putting it on life support - $10m valuation has disappeared.

Anyone invested in Equity Crowdfunding recently?

ParrotDog (https://www.pledgeme.co.nz/investmen...rotdog-brewery) and Andrea Moore (https://www.snowballeffect.co.nz/offers/andrea-moore) seem to be getting a decent level of interest

Guru

The mind control one on Pledgeme just got funded which is great. Not my cup of tea though.
    Surprised 1above on equitise hasn't done better. Investing on the same terms as Movac (I think K1W1 has extra rights but is in at the same price) has to be a good thing for anyone wanting to get into Angel investing, and a very low minimum.

Equitise also going to have a fintect fund which is IPOing which will be interesting.

Snowball about to launch a boat launcher - same terms as the last round down by enterprise angels I assume.

Anyone bought, or going to buy, into these? Or are you only interested if it's beer?

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    The mind control one on Pledgeme just got funded which is great. Not my cup of tea though.
    Surprised 1above on equitise hasn't done better. Investing on the same terms as Movac (I think K1W1 has extra rights but is in at the same price) has to be a good thing for anyone wanting to get into Angel investing, and a very low minimum.

Equitise also going to have a fintect fund which is IPOing which will be interesting.

Snowball about to launch a boat launcher - same terms as the last round down by enterprise angels I assume.

Anyone bought, or going to buy, into these? Or are you only interested if it's beer?
    Gonna buy some 1above, minimum investment is very low too ($59). A bit of a niche product but hopefully can spread to airports around the world

Has anyone had a look at the Sushi Ninja offering? https://www.pledgeme.co.nz/investments/262-sushi-ninja

Really popular, tasty &!authentic sushi which is growing quite rapidly in New Plymouth. They already have a restaurant in prime location in town and are now looking to open up a sushi train in the mall. Possible franchise options in future.

Offer is for 20% of company at $250,000.
    They have provided potential earnings pa from investment - a 10k investment is predicted to earn $1680 in fy2018 and $2400 in fy2019.

I know investing via crowdfunding has its downsides, but those anticipated returns are impressive. Would be interested to see what you think

Is anyone thinking of having a go at Zeffer Cider?

https://www.snowballeffect.co.nz/offers/zeffer

Interested to hear thoughts on Car Next Door. Offer just went live on Equitise.

These are the guys that got 300k on the Aussie Shark Tank and another 2.5 million from Caltex recently. They're now doing another set of capital raising on Equitise, looking to raise half a mil or so.

I like the idea, kind of like an Airbnb for but for cars. Got some good people behind it. Any thoughts?

https://equitise.com/offer/regular/car-next-door-1