sharetrader
Page 161 of 181 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2702

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    I beg to differ, sir. Shrewd Crude could go toe to toe with any crypto analyst I know.

Haha valid point...."except Shrewd Crude"

Geez, the guys have really lost their heads.
    Obviously they haven't been on this forum to read the wise words of the experts that have written it off.

https://www.coindesk.com/elon-musk-c...value-transfer

The likes of Bezos will make billions from BTC when Amazon accepts it as payment.

If you don't think the major corporations aren't looking at, if not working through a BTC payment platform integration road map, well more power to you.

We know that JP Morgan where buying BTC at the same time they were bagging it. They drive the price down, fill their boots, provide the on-ramp and boom you've got BTC at 6 figures.

Interesting times ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddles View Post
    The likes of Bezos will make billions from BTC when Amazon accepts it as payment.

If you don't think the major corporations aren't looking at, if not working through a BTC payment platform integration road map, well more power to you.

We know that JP Morgan where buying BTC at the same time they were bagging it. They drive the price down, fill their boots, provide the on-ramp and boom you've got BTC at 6 figures.

Interesting times ahead.
    If Amazon went crypto, why wouldn't they do it with their own coin? Why BTC? To my mind this is one of the vulnerabilities of BTC. Amazon could have their own currency (essentially a token) and so could any large corporation. It would have utility for them and the appearance at least. of solidity for the user. Something behind it...a corporation with the m/cap of a small sized country GDP.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    If Amazon went crypto, why wouldn't they do it with their own coin? Why BTC? To my mind this is one of the vulnerabilities of BTC. Amazon could have their own currency (essentially a token) and so could any large corporation. It would have utility for them and the appearance at least. of solidity for the user. Something behind it...a corporation with the m/cap of a small sized country GDP.
    Gift vouchers.

Even if Amazon accepted BTC (very unlikely) it would still only make up a fraction of the volumes of payment.. as its a stupid Currency
    as for sure Amazon would charge customers that did a higher 10%+ price rate to cover the volatile value
    Last edited by JBmurc; 23-02-2019 at 01:06 PM.
    People don't have ideas, ideas have people

Yet much greater minds than yours think very differently about BTC, Musk for example has called it "quiet brilliant"
    Fiat currency doesn't exactly have a great history, it has been a complete failure in the past, this time wont be any different. All ponzi schemes come to an end at some point.
    The current financial system is broken beyond repair. BTC offers something that we have never seen before, that can be hard for people to get their heads around. Like in 1943 when Thomas Watson President IBM said there will only ever be a need for 5 computers globally.
    If it was 1943 now you would be sitting at your computer banging away on this forum telling us how computers are a stupid idea and no one will use them.

Yet much greater minds than yours think very differently about BTC, Musk for example has called it "quiet brilliant"
    Fiat currency doesn't exactly have a great history, it has been a complete failure in the past, this time wont be any different. All ponzi schemes come to an end at some point.
    The current financial system is broken beyond repair. BTC offers something that we have never seen before, that can be hard for people to get their heads around. Like in 1943 when Thomas Watson President IBM said there will only ever be a need for 5 computers globally.
    If it was 1943 now you would be sitting at your computer banging away on this forum telling us how computers are a stupid idea and no one will use them.
    Elon musk is proving not to be as smart as he would have you believe. What he has been very good at is utilising other peoples ideas....that and self promotion. His high speed tunnel and driverless carts look great in their computer animations but he is very short on detail when it comes to some of the practical problems they create. Getting off topic. Some Crypto currencies may be useful, certainly criminals love them for laundering cash. As for BTC offering something we haven't seen before? Scams come in many different guises and we have certainly seen elements of this one before.

Elon musk is proving not to be as smart as he would have you believe. What he has been very good at is utilising other peoples ideas....that and self promotion. His high speed tunnel and driverless carts look great in their computer animations but he is very short on detail when it comes to some of the practical problems they create. Getting off topic. Some Crypto currencies may be useful, certainly criminals love them for laundering cash. As for BTC offering something we haven't seen before? Scams come in many different guises and we have certainly seen elements of this one before.
    Its very easy for someone uneducated on a matter to call it a scam. You say we've seen elements of this scam before. Care to elaborate? I'd also love to hear your theory of how BTC is a scam exactly.

Its very easy for someone uneducated on a matter to call it a scam. You say we've seen elements of this scam before. Care to elaborate? I'd also love to hear your theory of how BTC is a scam exactly.
    Take a read through this thread paddles. I can't be arsed going through it all again. It's not BTC in particular, the whole crypto bubble. As pointed out through out the thread, it is not to say that there is no potential utility in crypto currencies.

Take a read through this thread paddles. I can't be arsed going through it all again. It's not BTC in particular, the whole crypto bubble. As pointed out through out the thread, it is not to say that there is no potential utility in crypto currencies.
    Absolutely there are crypto scams, I dont think any money or currency in history has been immune to scammers.
    That doesn't mean BTC is scam.

BTC is a digital asset, it's value, as is with anything, is what someone is willing to pay for it.

Since its inception people have dismissed it, every "bubble" and subsequent crash has been labled its death knell. And in every case it has bounced back and smashed previous all time highs. Except for one of course :-)

With the verious on-ramps into crypto now, the next bull run will see $100k BTC I've got no doubt. I don't know if that's now but one thing is for sure, there is lots of money sitting on the sidelines ready to enter as each residence level is broken through.

Guru

Hey paddles....

Here on sharetrader the crypto denial crew is heavy on the tulip patrol... They know the tulips so well they link cryptocurrency to its impending doom....they can tell you everything about tulips from grades of bulbs to trading prices... but you ask them one thing and they cant tell you anything about cryptocurrency.... nudda...
    The only term they know is shiitcoin and their only advice is to short crypto....
    You wouldnt believe how intelligent some of these posters are yet they continue to remain in denial and after the huge progress it is making (even in a falling market)... that one can continue to deny the emergence of crypto NO MORE.....!!!....
    Listen to the nonsense of it all....
    As you said there is so much money on the sidelines waiting to invest...
    And as I said the intrepretted charts were for crypto to fall to $2500-$2800 btc and if it took off before that would be extremely bullish .... crypto is about to unravel and take off this is the moment where the tulip patrol stop the nonsense and sit back and just watch this pup fly oh my ...
    Cryptocurrency holdings in utrust cardano and power ledger... ripple... neo.... .....LOCI ...
    Market capitalisation 130billion...
    Coinmarketcap.com

Guru

I agree bitcoin to $100,000us
    Cryptocurrency holdings in utrust cardano and power ledger... ripple... neo.... .....LOCI ...
    Market capitalisation 130billion...
    Coinmarketcap.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    I agree bitcoin to $100,000us
    You still won't (can't) explain how you come up with this figure.

What people seem to miss with crypto as a currency is that to be a valid currency it will need to be stable.
    Once it is stable then it won't (can't) be a 100 bagger or any bagger really.

The blockchain is fine, crypto is fine - when it becomes stable.
    Still have to sort out the energy issues though.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    You still won't (can't) explain how you come up with this figure.

What people seem to miss with crypto as a currency is that to be a valid currency it will need to be stable.
    Once it is stable then it won't (can't) be a 100 bagger or any bagger really.

The blockchain is fine, crypto is fine - when it becomes stable.
    Still have to sort out the energy issues though.
    Once it's stable you've missed the boat.