sharetrader
Page 144 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2247
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    In the myst of a violent crypto bull run
    Don't make me laugh. Just had a look at Coinmarketcap.com site and the total market cap of crypto's is $223b. How a move from $190b and now back up to $223b, when a half year ago the market was more than twice as high, is in anyway a violent bull run, well some would call that assertion deluded.

Or are you referring to the last 2 weeks that has been where the market is up about 13%? (whereas if you look back 3 weeks the market was at $240b)

https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/
    Last edited by blackcap; 28-09-2018 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Don't make me laugh. Just had a look at Coinmarketcap.com site and the total market cap of crypto's is $223m. How a move from $190m and now back up to $223m, when a half year ago the market was more than twice as high, is in anyway a violent bull run, well some would call that assertion deluded.

Or are you referring to the last 2 weeks that has been where the market is up about 13%? (whereas if you look back 3 weeks the market was at $240m)

https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/
    $224m or $224b??

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    $224m or $224b??
    Thank you, corrected.

Guru

Blackcap .. its poised for a steamroller...
    As important as the huge spike and retrace of crypto over the last year is the fact that the upwards trending price of crypto is well intact....
    Blackcap and the others were calling this a dotcom bubble 2 weeks ago...that would make it 4 dotcom bubbles since cryptos inception...
    The theories behind crypto will change the world forever and the systems within it... meaning dotcom bubbles are nuffin ...
    The price of any asset can only be manipulated in the short term... over the long term crypto just rises and rises in value and the likes of blackcap buries his head even further... and continues to shake his head in confusion and mumbling stutter...
    Good one buzz
    Cryptocurrency holdings in utrust cardano and power ledger...car vertical....LOCI ...tron... dotcoin.......swissborg... rentberry ico...

Blackcap .. its poised for a steamroller...
    As important as the huge spike and retrace of crypto over the last year is the fact that the upwards trending price of crypto is well intact....
    Blackcap and the others were calling this a dotcom bubble 2 weeks ago...that would make it 4 dotcom bubbles since cryptos inception...
    The theories behind crypto will change the world forever and the systems within it... meaning dotcom bubbles are nuffin ...
    The price of any asset can only be manipulated in the short term... over the long term crypto just rises and rises in value and the likes of blackcap buries his head even further... and continues to shake his head in confusion and mumbling stutter...
    Good one buzz
    Are you able to share what you are seeing (the upward trend) and I don't see it.
    Last graph I saw really looked like a long standing (more that 2 days) downward trend but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

Default Nasdaq falls hard overnight and BTC also falls so much for being Digital Gold !

Echoing sentiments of mainstream economists, Juniper Research is warning that many of the metrics in the cryptocurrency world are pointing to a market implosion.

Industry bellwether Bitcoin had seen its daily transaction volumes fall from an average of around 360,000 a day in late 2017 to just 230,000 in September 2018. Meanwhile, daily transaction values were down from more than $3.7 billion to less than $670 million in the same period

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic..._medium=social
    People don't have ideas, ideas have people

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/video...inckwitz-video "There's a Bright Future for Cryptocurrencies"

Geez can this Bloomblerg publication PLEASE make up their mind about crypts??

In the realworld muh crpyts have been holding up much better than muh stocks, even in USD terms. Probably up in NZD. I sold most of my muh stocks earlier this week tbf.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/video...inckwitz-video "There's a Bright Future for Cryptocurrencies"

Geez can this Bloomblerg publication PLEASE make up their mind about crypts??

In the realworld muh crpyts have been holding up much better than muh stocks, even in USD terms. Probably up in NZD. I sold most of my muh stocks earlier this week tbf.
    Bloomberg just there putting the different opinions across, and trying to make an honest dollar or two. It is a news outlet you know.

Looks like cryptos making up (down?) for lagging your stocks. A flight to quality 'fait' money?

But there is always tomorrow, we will see what tomorrow brings with him/her/it.
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Yeah 3rd biggest points fall for dow in history and all asset classes suffering...
    Looks like bitcoin etf is close now... gona be a boom when it comes in... read this
    https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/pre...-imminent/amp/

I'm gutted I didn't short one of the major Cryptos >> within 24hrs could have made over 120% return shorting the likes of Bitcoin cash
    People don't have ideas, ideas have people

Guru

Default Shrewd crude report- state of the world economy...

Omg my post got deleted... ouch...guttered... lol
    I will start again in summary.......
    Geeze I havnt posted in awhile... I have a lot of mixed emotions about how the impending sharemarket crash and world economy depression will impact on crypto...
    I will explain how it will happen.... we have already had major indications of at least a recession but im still predicting the worst market crash of all time... 3 times worse than the Global financial crisis....was it JP Morgan predicting chance of recession at 20% within a year and 80% chance in 3 years...

I am of strong belief that the recent pull back of the sharemarket to the start jan 2018 levels is microscopic compared to what is coming...

2 weeks ago the dow fell 800 points its 3rd biggest points fall of all time...

This year we had some potential triggers like the crash of emerging market currencies of the Indian Rupee, South Africia rand, Indonesia, Brazil, Venezuela and others....
    We have an increasing Trade war between USA and China with $34 billion of tariffs slapped on each way increasing tensions...
    We have worrying signs come out of China... China built major cities in the middle of nowhere and they are starting to realise they arent being filles up.. china surprisingly has lots of increased debt funding an economy that is not ready for it...

So what will actually be the trigger of the 2019 worldmarket depression?

I am of super strong belief it will all come down to debt....
    Earth is at all time high debt... we owe $260 trillion US dollars of debt.... so peeps what has happened is the all time high sharemarket, the purchasing power and earnings of companies have all been driven from spending that people, governments, and businesses dont even own....do you see a problem here?....
    Upside said earnings were so strong and supported the high mcap which I agree with... BUT... what we areing going to find out is these high earnings are unsustainable and driven from money we dont even have... its all fake growth !!!

world debt is like 320% of world GDP per year ...

We have a world derivative bubble coming huge debts betting on future value of instruments at dates in the future... futures markets... swaps... margin trading this is where you borrow money to open a bigger leveraged position in a fluctuating asset and pay interest on your position so cost of asset must rise everyday....

This has become beyond unsustainable now ...
    .. 51% of loans at Westpac Australia are interest only... they are maturing in the next few years and westpac arent resigning its clients on interest only...

The dramatic rise in value of sharemarkets and housing, and assets have been driven from money we dont even own...
    This is the global financial crisis of 2008 multiplied by 3...
    This is so much worse than the GFC
    This is so much more than a subprime housing market crisis... because !!!! This time its of similar ideals in that it comes from debt but it stretches to every part of the economy... we did not even learn from 2008... remember?... the fed just threw out a bunch of bananas and the monkey just gobbled them up....This time it will be different because governments wont be able to bail out companies because they dont have the money because no one will take on further debt... we will see governments default on debt... companies defaulting...taxes increasing... increased cost of everything is already unsustainable for most people... earnings will dry up and people will lose jobs unable to pay their debts...we had the emerging market currency mini crisis in August which has masked a lot of the underlying issues....
    People have taken money out of emerging markets and investing in America because higher interest rates so get a better return.... this had halted a multi collapse for now...

this huge all time high world debt impacts every industry because the reeling in of those increasing debts will stop spending and investment... earnings will crash because we realise all this buying up of goods and services was funded from fake money... funny money... debt!....
    Markets have so much further to fall...

When we finally wake up to all this the dow (more like the down) will slice 10k off the top and then start a new cycle fresh....
    What happens when this debt depression actually hits?... people will lose jobs unafford to pay these debts.... company earnings will crash as people wont be spending... they will also have to write off debt as people will default on hire purchases and loan agreements... there will be many corporations and business failures as they are in debt too... business premises and asset values fall... man this is the mother of crashes coming id think......

The most interesting question here is... who does Earth owe that $260 trillion dollars to???
    Lol....
    Cryptocurrency holdings in utrust cardano and power ledger...car vertical....LOCI ...tron... dotcoin.......swissborg... rentberry ico...

Guru

Wow...

To put it into alittle perspective....
    Earths debt is at 1300 times New Zealand GDP per year...

So what this means is the total output of New Zealand goods and Services for the next 1300 years is what World debt is currently at....

Guru

Wow...

So what this means is the total output of New Zealand goods and Services for the next 1300 years is what World debt is currently at....
    What about Earth's savings? At what level are they? Are you talking about outright debt or net debt?

That 260 Trillion you are talking about is owed to people/institutions. Who may themselves have debt but the net effect may be close to zero. There will be some winners and losers but its not as if the whole world owes some other outside alien.

I will give you an example SC. I owe $500,000 on my mortgage taken with a good friend. I also hold a house "worth" $800,000 and savings in the bank of $200,000. The person I borrowed the money off (a good friend) is owed this $500,000. However he also holds a mortage with a bank for $400,000 and has a house worth $600,000. So our combined debt is $900,000 (shock horror that is huge) but actually we are both in very sound financial position.

2 weeks ago the dow fell 800 points its 3rd biggest points fall of all time...
    So at some stage in the past we had the BIGGEST points fall of all time.
    Sometime later we reached the HIGHEST level ever.
    The world didn't stop rotating inbetween - it went on as it does.
    What happened after the biggest fall of all time I wonder?

The most interesting question here is... who does Earth owe that $260 trillion dollars to???
    Lol....
    I wonder that too.
    I suspect it never really existed and we owe it to noone and everyone at the same time.

Wow...

Wow - Thats a bit meaningless - NZ's population only makes up 0.058% of the earths population so of course it would take us a while