sharetrader
Page 204 of 206 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206 LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 3084

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    Don't worry about dobby,
    Well done paddles crypto really going for it...
    Yah wouldn't even want to put 1% into crypts...

.^sc
    Interestingly enough, had he invested 1% of that wealth in BTC 5 years ago it would be worth $2-2.5M today.
    He could be sitting on $6.5-7M at a very minimum.

Yah wouldn't even want to put 1% into crypts...
    Actually I would - it's only 1%

Guru

Screenshot_20200213-134407_Samsung Internet.jpg

Lol look at the historical chart of total crypto capitalisation .... its been shown before but geeze 2017 still stands out like dogs balls.....
    A lot of people are predicting huge huge gains... like Bitcoin heading to $100,000 and much much more....
    From my point of view its really hard to disagree....
    Crypto is in theory at least an integeral part of the global economy ... and not just crypto can only do things here and there....
    As I said this in theory covers horizontal and vertical integration (google it)... thats right up and down supplu chains... it covers everything...
    Consumer purchases, consumer protection and guarantees through manufactoring, production sectors, technology advance, employers through to central banks and voting systems, data storage, absolutely everything you can think....
    Generating income from selling excess phone data, and game credits...
    The options are totally endless...
    Dobby spits at crypto, dont even got time for that man...
    Check it out buzz....
    Des and troy...two diabolicals...
    They are on the destroy and so is cryptoooooo

.^sc
    >>>http://www.coinmarketcap.com
    <<<
    The fastest growing asset class the world has ever seen

Guru

IMG_20200213_222444.jpg
    $100,000 Bitcoin???

.^sc
    <<<

I have opened an account with Nexo and deposited 1.9 ETH which instantly gives me a line of credit to 50% of the assets held.

SS.jpg

I've now borrowed $200 USD and had the funds transferred to my NZ bank account

SS2.jpg
    Last edited by Paddles; 14-02-2020 at 11:36 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Are you concerned about the safety of your cash? I am a little, do not trust the banks to hold up
    I took this from the nzx thread on coronavirus thread where ratkin expressed his concerns about money in the bank...
    Surely with coronavirus there would be a lot of concern about traditional investments...
    Put the money in safe havens...
    Crypto buzz...
    Can yield up nicely... or tether it off if you want to 100% protect the downside...

.^sc
    <<<

"The fact that Bitcoin has added more than 100 mln transactions since April 2019 flies in the face of crypto critics who keep parroting that no one uses it."

"While adoption remains a sticking point for Bitcoin, data suggests that it made a great leap forward in 2019. Blockchain sleuth Chainalysis estimated that nearly $4 bln worth of BTC went through payment processors last year."

https://u.today/bitcoin-btc-surpasses-500000000-transactions-is-crypto-getting-more-popular

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Paddles View Post
    nearly $4 bln worth of BTC went through payment processors last year."
    Impressive, but a ways to go to catch up with USD:

$ 5,100,000,000,000
    average daily turnover of approximately 5.1 trillion U.S. dollars
    $ 4,000,000,000
    "estimated that nearly $4 bln worth of BTC went through payment processors last year"
    days per year
    $ 10,958,904
    BTC per day
    0.00021%
    percentage BTC / USD per day

Let alone all the other world currencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Impressive, but a ways to go to catch up with USD:

$ 5,100,000,000,000
    average daily turnover of approximately 5.1 trillion U.S. dollars
    $ 4,000,000,000
    "estimated that nearly $4 bln worth of BTC went through payment processors last year"
    days per year
    $ 10,958,904
    BTC per day
    0.00021%
    percentage BTC / USD per day

Let alone all the other world currencies.
    The USD is 228 years old Bitcoin is 11.....

There is a bigger picture that some fail too see, you are putting Bitcoin into a box that it doesn't fit.
    The pace this space is growing at is accelerating is at such a rate that even the most risk adverse investors are taking note.

Guru

Heres a pretty good explaination of bitcoin and crypto...

The reason it's so hard for most people to understand Bitcoin is that most people don't really understand money. Money isn't wealth. It's an accounting system used to facilitate the exchange of wealth. (The paradox of money is that while everyone wants it, no one actually wants it - they want the stuff they can buy with it!) Many people are put off by the fact that Bitcoins are 'just data'. But that's what ALL money is, information! More precisely, money is a means for credibly conveying information about value given but not yet received (or at least not yet received in a form in which it can directly satisfy a person's wants or needs). To put it yet another way, money is a ledger. With fiat currencies like the dollar, that ledger is centralized. And that gives the central authority responsible for maintaining that ledger tremendous power, power that history has proven will inevitably be abused. With Bitcoin, the ledger is decentralized. And that means that no one individual or entity has the power to arbitrarily create new units (thereby causing inflation), freeze (or seize) your account, or block a particular payment from being processed. We've had decentralized money before. After all, no one can simply print new gold into existence. And the 'ledger' of gold is distributed because the physical gold itself (the 'accounting entries' in the metaphor) is distributed. But with gold, that decentralization comes at a heavy price (literally). The physical nature of gold makes it hugely inefficient for global transactions. And this is why bitcoin is important! It is the first currency in the world that is both decentralized and digital. It is more reliably scarce than gold and more private and transactionally efficient than "modern" digital banking. This is why people are excited about bitcoin, it has the potential to be completely revolutionize money

.^sc
    <<<

Guru

$10,500us btc is the mark required to confirm a bullmarket on the charts... geeze feels like a bullmarkets been underway for a long time though... been a great week but now seems to have run out of puff around the $10,300 mark and hovering around 10k...

There are 19 coins valued at over 1 billion dollars...
    102 coins valued over 50 million dollars...
    359 coins valued over 10million dollars...
    950 coins valued over 1 million dollars...
    5127 crypto currencies...
    Bitcoin with a 61.7% value of the total market...
    A total market capitalisation of 297billion dollar...

Just running the numbers... so boring when the crypts arent going up lol...

.^sc
    <<<

$10,500us btc is the mark required to confirm a bullmarket on the charts... geeze feels like a bullmarkets been underway for a long time though... been a great week but now seems to have run out of puff around the $10,300 mark and hovering around 10k...

There are 19 coins valued at over 1 billion dollars...
    102 coins valued over 50 million dollars...
    359 coins valued over 10million dollars...
    950 coins valued over 1 million dollars...
    5127 crypto currencies...
    Bitcoin with a 61.7% value of the total market...
    A total market capitalisation of 297billion dollar...

Just running the numbers... so boring when the crypts arent going up lol...

.^sc
    Its only warming up...hold on to your boots!

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

5127 crypto currencies....
    A number of cryptos seem to have died completely: bottlecaps for one .
    Many appear to be fatally wounded: [Insert your great hopes from the last 2 years here]

....Bitcoin with a 61.7% value of the total market....
    I still find this strange. Bitcoin is a hand-shovelled, coal-fired, steam-driven historical crypto compared to many of it competitors and yet it is still so strong.

Disc: Post inspired by a visit to Tejo Power Station and a bottle of White Port.
    om mani peme hum

Heres a pretty good explaination of bitcoin and crypto...
    I agree 100% with what you said there.
    I don't have any problems with a digital currency, after all I hardly carry any cash at all (and haven't had any for the last 4 weeks).
    At what point do you think BTC will become a viable currency? Something to buy my bread with?
    Would this be while it is gyrating hugely in value or when it settles down and is stable (so I know what I can buy with the BTC I have tomorrow)?
    When BTC is stable a lot of the allure will come off it as there won't be easy money to be made (just as trading currencies now isn't easy or quick to profit).

A question though, if I may - how long does a BTC transaction take to verify these days and if I brought a loaf of bread would I need to wait for the verification to complete before walking out of the shop with it?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    I agree 100% with what you said there.
    I don't have any problems with a digital currency, after all I hardly carry any cash at all (and haven't had any for the last 4 weeks).
    At what point do you think BTC will become a viable currency? Something to buy my bread with?
    I don't believe it will. There are other cryptocurrencies that are better suited for day to day transactions.

Would this be while it is gyrating hugely in value or when it settles down and is stable (so I know what I can buy with the BTC I have tomorrow)?
    When BTC is stable a lot of the allure will come off it as there won't be easy money to be made (just as trading currencies now isn't easy or quick to profit).

A question though, if I may - how long does a BTC transaction take to verify these days and if I brought a loaf of bread would I need to wait for the verification to complete before walking out of the shop with it?
    I couldn't work out if you are being a troll or just ignorant here, and then I remembered this.

That blockchain can be a very useful thing - crypto is another matter and this is a crypto thread.