sharetrader
Page 161 of 179 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2678
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I'm no fan of crypto but Jamie Dimon, boss of J P Morgan and once a fierce critic, has become a believer recently.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/02/19/b...ain/index.html
    Interesting isn't it, he's a fan of blockchain and has created (or is creating) a controlled digital currency backed by and pinned to fiat, to enable what? Self enrichment of course, but by what means? Look deeply, it will be by proven traditional banking methods - conveyance of holdings in the three pillars of banking ... deposits, lending, and transactional fees. He is not a fan of Bitcoin, Anycoin or any other 'Crypto' per se. Look, these b****sters are experts in making money, from nothing preferably. It is worthwhile considering the tradeoff he makes to his reputation by eating humble pie announcing entry into a 'crypto' when a few short years ago he was denouncing it, versus what he stands to gain from it. Complex, but not so complex that it can't be linked back to self interest, greed, avarice. Wafer thin.
    BAA

Banned

100% correct sir, and the very reason behind the birth of BTC.

Banned

IBMs VP of blockchain says bitcoin will hit $1 million one day.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-will-hit-1-million-says-ibms-vp-of-blockchain-jesse-lund?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm _campaign=bitcoin-is-will-eventually-hit-$1-million
    Last edited by Paddles; 22-02-2019 at 01:16 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Paddles View Post
    IBMs VP of blockchain says bitcoin will hit $1 million one day.
    So will a pie and coke.

And neither will still be any good as a currency!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    And neither will still be any good as a currency!
    I don't know why, but for some crazy reason I feel the VP of Blockchain at IBM is a little more qualified than anyone commenting on here.

I don't know why, but for some crazy reason I feel the VP of Blockchain at IBM is a little more qualified than anyone commenting on here.
    I beg to differ, sir. Shrewd Crude could go toe to toe with any crypto analyst I know.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    I beg to differ, sir. Shrewd Crude could go toe to toe with any crypto analyst I know.

Haha valid point...."except Shrewd Crude"

Banned

Geez, the guys have really lost their heads.
    Obviously they haven't been on this forum to read the wise words of the experts that have written it off.

https://www.coindesk.com/elon-musk-c...value-transfer

Banned

The likes of Bezos will make billions from BTC when Amazon accepts it as payment.

If you don't think the major corporations aren't looking at, if not working through a BTC payment platform integration road map, well more power to you.

We know that JP Morgan where buying BTC at the same time they were bagging it. They drive the price down, fill their boots, provide the on-ramp and boom you've got BTC at 6 figures.

Interesting times ahead.

The likes of Bezos will make billions from BTC when Amazon accepts it as payment.

If you don't think the major corporations aren't looking at, if not working through a BTC payment platform integration road map, well more power to you.

We know that JP Morgan where buying BTC at the same time they were bagging it. They drive the price down, fill their boots, provide the on-ramp and boom you've got BTC at 6 figures.

Interesting times ahead.
    If Amazon went crypto, why wouldn't they do it with their own coin? Why BTC? To my mind this is one of the vulnerabilities of BTC. Amazon could have their own currency (essentially a token) and so could any large corporation. It would have utility for them and the appearance at least. of solidity for the user. Something behind it...a corporation with the m/cap of a small sized country GDP.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    If Amazon went crypto, why wouldn't they do it with their own coin? Why BTC? To my mind this is one of the vulnerabilities of BTC. Amazon could have their own currency (essentially a token) and so could any large corporation. It would have utility for them and the appearance at least. of solidity for the user. Something behind it...a corporation with the m/cap of a small sized country GDP.
    Gift vouchers.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Even if Amazon accepted BTC (very unlikely) it would still only make up a fraction of the volumes of payment.. as its a stupid Currency
    as for sure Amazon would charge customers that did a higher 10%+ price rate to cover the volatile value
    Last edited by JBmurc; 23-02-2019 at 01:06 PM.
    People don't have ideas, ideas have people

Banned

Yet much greater minds than yours think very differently about BTC, Musk for example has called it "quiet brilliant"
    Fiat currency doesn't exactly have a great history, it has been a complete failure in the past, this time wont be any different. All ponzi schemes come to an end at some point.
    The current financial system is broken beyond repair. BTC offers something that we have never seen before, that can be hard for people to get their heads around. Like in 1943 when Thomas Watson President IBM said there will only ever be a need for 5 computers globally.
    If it was 1943 now you would be sitting at your computer banging away on this forum telling us how computers are a stupid idea and no one will use them.

Yet much greater minds than yours think very differently about BTC, Musk for example has called it "quiet brilliant"
    Fiat currency doesn't exactly have a great history, it has been a complete failure in the past, this time wont be any different. All ponzi schemes come to an end at some point.
    The current financial system is broken beyond repair. BTC offers something that we have never seen before, that can be hard for people to get their heads around. Like in 1943 when Thomas Watson President IBM said there will only ever be a need for 5 computers globally.
    If it was 1943 now you would be sitting at your computer banging away on this forum telling us how computers are a stupid idea and no one will use them.
    Elon musk is proving not to be as smart as he would have you believe. What he has been very good at is utilising other peoples ideas....that and self promotion. His high speed tunnel and driverless carts look great in their computer animations but he is very short on detail when it comes to some of the practical problems they create. Getting off topic. Some Crypto currencies may be useful, certainly criminals love them for laundering cash. As for BTC offering something we haven't seen before? Scams come in many different guises and we have certainly seen elements of this one before.