sharetrader
Page 157 of 170 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,140 of 3396

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Not sure what you are trying to argue here as I never said that FIAT currency was anything at all.
    So I won't bother to explain the substance behind the USD or NZD - I'll leave you to work that out for yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    But you'd keep the crypto right?
    Because it's the future and cash is for mugs.
    Or is it cash that is real and crypto just something to trade because it has no substance?
    I must have misunderstood you.

Cryptos getting smashed yet again so much for "safe haven" .... always been a tech investment... a Tech a small amount of investors like a dream will go to million+
    People don't have ideas, ideas have people

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    So when you get out I’m curious , what do you end up with , CASH ?
    Stoploss,
    When the market falls get tether (usdt) then you are fixed to the US dollar... when I buy them back I own more crypto, which is more barter....
    Crypto to me is like another layer of financial independence and security... its about investing and making returns as I've said the future Microsoft's, and apple's are here on coinmarketcap... most coins have legitimate projects and are creating brands and ideas that are set to shape the world we live in.... jbmurc and upside down and other traders would do super super well with crypto.... having the ability to stand away from a coin that could potentially make or break you... (like bitcoin has)....All the posters here are mostly long term stocks and dividends, or investment terms...
    I've made some pretty outrageous statements... lol....
    And what I said last week is bitcoin falls to $3000 $4000 usd... maybe even lower...
    If what I have been saying about coronavirus is to be correct then we are headed for some of the toughest times since dating back to 1929 great depression...the airline industry is done for now... Trump has cancelled all flights from EU if yah haven't heard... other countries will do the same now... hopefully nz will seal itself off from the World and we will survive...but we will have industries like tourism crushed
    ....maybe we could create a corona virus free reputation here and the legit tourists will come after testing passes...
    For returning to any sort of investment in stocks or crypto eg.. if your not already out... then the point that you choose to buy back when you feel all the Corona virus factors have been priced into your investment....!!!
    So there is a lot more pricing in to come...15,000 on the DOW... maybe even lower now...

Wait until Corona is all factored into prices...

Geeze what is bitcoins next low in a depression?...
    $1000us?
    If you've been watching crypto and watching coinmarketcap.com then you will see that crypto has done some pretty miraculous things.... the swings are incredible and if you know when to get in and out geeze.... you can make serious money in crypto if you learn which curves to get in on... jbmurc could be an overnight super legend if he got on the crypto buzz... hundreds of millions of people now dabble in crypto...
    And most people know about it... but most people are too scared to chance the fear of investing in crypto...

Crypto has noted some amazing positives for your portfolio of investments....
    Hey, not happy about corona or the huge crashes, but at least I'm not losing like I did in 2008... like a stuffed chook... I stood around and did noofin...
    I'm very ready after the coroa crash playing out through 2020...I'm going to have money to invest and I'm going harder bigger and better than ever.... the opportunities will be presenting themselves....
    And all the bags are going to stack up to the ceiling...
    And I will say when I do things...
    Definitely definitely read the coronavirus threads for up to date information...

.^sc

Last edited by Crypto Crude; 13-03-2020 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    Wow cryptos going to crash with the market real hard got out this afternoon again lost back all my profits from the previous sell to reentry..... I see a deep deep recession here so lots of downside IMO with everything and crypto....
    I be looking to pick up bargains at the end of all this bitcoin to $5-6 k us next few weeks I'd think
    going much lower shrewdy .... still believe sub $1k in time maybe much sooner than expected

Banned

Yeah bro... just refreshed my screen... bitcoin down 1500 to $6100... yup... $1000us prob about right...

.^sc

I agree COVID going to do some major damage and no one can be 100% how little old NZ will come out of it ... personal I agree tourism is screwed for some time maybe till later 2021> will be ripples across many sectors ,,,,Queenstown Property market the first to crash hard...(trying to talk my Misses into selling our debt free home close to the resort towns... could still get 70% more than what we paid 4yrs ago!!! go back to cash(spread across banks) + some bullion + soak up a few cheap miners Gold etc
    Interest rates will fall even further will see sub 3% soon enough ... (happy to hold my commercial property 10.5% net yield fixed term lease till 2028)

As bad as it will all get for many sectors (Luxury foods+Tourism+events etc) we will see Govt across the world continue to spend BIG on infrastructure to keep the world moving forward ... instead of consumer spending going into home based products -online shopping - healthy living ??
    demands on many commodities may actually increase right when supply lines have been hurt + production not meeting new demands
    as even though we have seen some deaths from the older community from CROVID that pales to numbers of new humans every day

just let this soak in - In 1970, there were roughly half as many people in the world as there are now.

https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/
    Last edited by JBmurc; 13-03-2020 at 12:25 AM.

Banned

Chatting with upside down on facebook right now and he feels quite redeemed on saying that bitcoin will get slammed by a liquidity squeeze...how right was he....!....he reckons theres another down wave tonight...
    Eek...

.^sc

Quote Originally Posted by Paddles View Post
    This line gets pulled out on every run, that being said you could be right.
    We need to see a break above $10540 otherwise BTC has just made another lower high and the down trend continues.
    Don't want to say it, but i think i was right on the liquidity front. The financial system is hardly being stressed compared to the GFC so imagine what real contagion would do. Feel for the longs.
    By the way - it's upside_down, not upside_umop

Chatting with upside down on facebook right now and he feels quite redeemed on saying that bitcoin will get slammed by a liquidity squeeze...how right was he....!....he reckons theres another down wave tonight...
    Eek...

.^sc
    Thanks Shrewdy, it feels bitter sweet because i know a lot of people in our generation will be feeling very empty right now.

The price action looks very weak....there should be a good dead cat bounce tomorrow if we do pull back further. Can see 50% down today potentially.

HODLer here.

I did not sleep well.

lol, EVERYTHING is crashing and the crypto nay sayers who lost any and all credibility long ago are back trying to make themselves feel better again at the expense of others. Quite sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    lol, EVERYTHING is crashing and the crypto nay sayers who lost any and all credibility long ago are back trying to make themselves feel better again at the expense of others. Quite sad really.
    That is sad. Happening with lots of stocks too where people correlate a fall with their prediction (or bias) rather than the general contagion (market and virus).
    It's bad all over. All bets are off.

How is it sad? BTC has always been touted as a safe haven by you fellas and i have openly stated that it's never been through a liquidity squeeze or crisis. Well, here we are. Listen as your own will. BTC is finished. It's done.

I don't feel sad for ignorant people and i won't feel sad for you when it it's $2,000.

You guys could learn a trick or two from Shrewdy - he's been tethered the last month waiting for this. And he's the biggest crypto boy you'll ever meet!
    The first one to break the hodl, is the smart hodler.

Who said it's a safe haven? I've said in this very thread anyone believing that is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by upside_umop View Post
    i won't feel sad for you when it it's $2,000.
    You're right, it's not sad. Fragile egos needing to specifically come here to flex when the market is down like it is is PATHETIC.

Banned

Crypto had a solid bear trap last day going from a low around $4100 to $5800 to now be around $5100....
    I have been following corona for 6 weeks now and it's going to take a huge tole on crypto, with the way corona is unfolding that this is just the beginning of a much huger deeper recession.........
    America has been negligent with the testing kits and this week a huge amount of testing for corona will start... I put the article up on the nzx thread potential to NZ corona page about top Medical official in Ohio saying 100,000 cases there currently.... New York is shutdown...
    But yeah missed a huge swing on crypto bitcoins 4100 and by the time I got out of the shower it was 4900... someone out there had the best 15 mins of their lives ...

.^sc

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/13/bitc...ay-plunge.html An effective diversification from other asset classes ?...YEAH RIGHT.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

Banned

Beagle it is a diversification... and a very very good one...
    Coronavirus is destroying everything not just crypto everything is falling away now...

.^sc

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/13/bitc...ay-plunge.html An effective diversification from other asset classes ?...YEAH RIGHT.
    Bitcoin = SCAM.

Simple and it is going to cost the morons out there plenty as they continue to be manipulated into parting with their money into the scam.

Beagle it is a diversification... and a very very good one...
    Coronavirus is destroying everything not just crypto everything is falling away now...

.^sc
    Cash is King.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).