sharetrader
Page 160 of 181 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 2702
    Guru

Watch this important video jbmurc... this is the banking system that you are all about... this is what you stand for...
    You should be ashamed...
    Jbmurc more like jbmorgan

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CCIn...5078208942203/
    Cryptocurrency holdings in utrust cardano and power ledger... ripple... neo.... .....LOCI ...
    Market capitalisation 130billion...
    Coinmarketcap.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    Watch this important video jbmurc... this is the banking system that you are all about... this is what you stand for...
    You should be ashamed...
    Jbmurc more like jbmorgan

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CCIn...5078208942203/
    LOL well you can't have read many of my posts over the years around Gold/Silver as I've been pretty anti the banking practices around manipulation of the PM and libor rates and CDO scam .. banking bonuses etc

But at the same time I'd be two faced to say I'm against all banks as I have accounts and loans etc and because of the banks funding have a debt free home and many assets ... what exactly has crypto done ??
    People don't have ideas, ideas have people

Guru

Hey jbmurgan....
    I found your favourite crypto...

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/no-bs-crypto/
    Cryptocurrency holdings in utrust cardano and power ledger... ripple... neo.... .....LOCI ...
    Coinmarketcap.com

Guru

Record breaking volume for the last 12 months...
    Bear market over???
    Coinmarketcap.com

Bear market over???
    Volume a bear or bull does not make.

And typically you didn't offer any insights as to why you value "bitcoin to $100,000 for starters" - just spruiking again.
    All puff with no substance.
    Last edited by dobby41; 20-02-2019 at 08:30 AM.

Bear market over???
    I keep saying you should join us on the ATM roller coaster. Look what you are missing out on!

Default Is the crypto winter over?

"There are plenty of reasons to get depressed during ‘Crypto Winter’. But every day we read new stories about Bitcoin and cryptocurrency adoption that make us think the next boom is incoming. Here are 10 stories from this week alone:
    1. Bitcoin is now legal in more than 100 countries
    According to Coin Dance, Bitcoin is now legal (or at least not specifically banned) in 111 countries out of a total of 256. That includes almost all of the biggest economies in Europe, Russia, South Africa and South America. Bitcoin gets a less enthusiastic welcome in Asia and Africa.

2. History shows this could be the last time many can afford a Bitcoin
    Crypto trader and investor Josh Rager shared a chart this week of Bitcoin’s overall upward movement since inception, and suggested this could be the last time the public could actually afford to buy a whole Bitcoin. “After 2021 – Bitcoin could move to a market price where most will only buy fractions … $BTC speculative value could be out of reach for most.”

3. Nasdaq announced it will add Bitcoin and Ethereum indices this month
    Nasdaq announced this week it will launch two new indices tracking cryptocurrency prices from February 25. The Bitcoin Liquid Index (BLX) and the Ethereum Liquid Index (ELX) — provide real time updates in thirty-second intervals for clients using NASDAQ’s Global Index Data Service (GIDS). Now, that’s a long way from a Bitcoin ETF approval, but it shows crypto is now firmly on the radar of traditional and institutional investors. Nasdaq is also reportedly launching Bitcoin futures in the first half of this year.

Advertisement

Bitcoin Boom

4. Two US retirement funds invested in a crypto fund
    The institutional money has started to flow. For the first time two US pension funds invested in a $40 million cryptocurrency fund overseen by Morgan Creek Capital. Virginia’s Fairfax County’s Police Officers Retirement System and Employees’ Retirement System both think Bitcoin is now worth gambling other people’s retirements on.

5. Bitcoin will ‘grind back up,’ says Mike Novogratz
    Former Goldman Sachs partner Mike Novogratz told Bloomberg this week that Bitcoin won’t explode all of a sudden, but will “grind back up to $8000”. “It feels like we’re just grinding along the bottom and the next move is significantly higher. We are not gonna bubble back up… We are going to grind back up… But if you start buying, could you go to $8,000? Of course, you could… And then you see the enthusiasm pick up… ”

6. Bitcoin is now mining its biggest blocks ever
    Blockchain.com showed that February 12 had an average block size of 1.305 megabytes, the biggest on record. Blocks mined today by the Bitcoin network are now regularly bigger than 1MB, which was the limit that existed before Segregated Witness (SegWit) was introduced in August of 2017. Unfortunately up to 20 percent was by a startup called VeriBlock and their transactions have been called ‘spam’.

Bitcoin Boom

7. You can now buy pizza easily and cheaply with Bitcoin
    Domino’s Pizza now accepts Bitcoin via the Lighting Network, through a third party called
    Lightning Pizza. Every order comes with a five per cent discount and fees will cost less than one US cent.

8. Chinese Bitcoin billionaire forecasts end of winter
    On WeChat Chinese Bitcoin (BTC) billionaire Zhao Dong told investors there are a few more months of winter to endure and predicted the crypto spring will come in 2020, and summer will arrive in 2021. That means now is the time to buy up while it’s cheap.

9. 13% of consumers across 22 countries have actually bought stuff with crypto
    A survey by Kaspersky Labs of more than 12,000 consumers in 22 different countries found about 13 percent of people have used cryptocurrency as a payment method. Separate data from Coinmap shows there are now 14,346 venues that accept BTC as against 1,789 recorded almost six years ago, an increase of 702 percent since December 2013.

Bitcoin Boom

10. Lightning network lighting up
    Yes, apparently the Lightning Network now has 6,000 Nodes and $2.4 million capacity. OK, that’s about as much as one house costs in Sydney. But still. The Lightning Network aims to solve the high costs, low transaction volume and rubbish transaction speeds associated with Bitcoin. While it’s early days yet, if it can scale, then this could make Bitcoin king of crypto for years to come."

- Andrew Fenton

Veteran novice

I'm no fan of crypto but Jamie Dimon, boss of J P Morgan and once a fierce critic, has become a believer recently.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/02/19/b...ain/index.html

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I'm no fan of crypto but Jamie Dimon, boss of J P Morgan and once a fierce critic, has become a believer recently.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/02/19/b...ain/index.html
    Interesting isn't it, he's a fan of blockchain and has created (or is creating) a controlled digital currency backed by and pinned to fiat, to enable what? Self enrichment of course, but by what means? Look deeply, it will be by proven traditional banking methods - conveyance of holdings in the three pillars of banking ... deposits, lending, and transactional fees. He is not a fan of Bitcoin, Anycoin or any other 'Crypto' per se. Look, these b****sters are experts in making money, from nothing preferably. It is worthwhile considering the tradeoff he makes to his reputation by eating humble pie announcing entry into a 'crypto' when a few short years ago he was denouncing it, versus what he stands to gain from it. Complex, but not so complex that it can't be linked back to self interest, greed, avarice. Wafer thin.

100% correct sir, and the very reason behind the birth of BTC.

IBMs VP of blockchain says bitcoin will hit $1 million one day.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-will-hit-1-million-says-ibms-vp-of-blockchain-jesse-lund?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm _campaign=bitcoin-is-will-eventually-hit-$1-million
    Last edited by Paddles; 22-02-2019 at 01:16 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Paddles View Post
    IBMs VP of blockchain says bitcoin will hit $1 million one day.
    So will a pie and coke.

And neither will still be any good as a currency!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    And neither will still be any good as a currency!
    I don't know why, but for some crazy reason I feel the VP of Blockchain at IBM is a little more qualified than anyone commenting on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddles View Post
    I don't know why, but for some crazy reason I feel the VP of Blockchain at IBM is a little more qualified than anyone commenting on here.
    I beg to differ, sir. Shrewd Crude could go toe to toe with any crypto analyst I know.