sharetrader
Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

NMT getting some interest .....

looks a low risk BUY to me ... maybe not as exicting at AJM at the moment but a Good Buy n hold
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Default JUst got me 14,500 GXY >>> good for a swing trade

Hot on the heels of Pilbara Minerals' deal with Chinese automaker Great Wall, it is believed Galaxy Resources has inked an agreement with Tesla battery supplier Panasonic.

Battery makers like Japan's Panasonic have been looking to lock in supplies of high quality lithium to ensure they have enough material to meet demand for their lithium-ion batteries, used to power electric vehicles.

Sources told Street Talk managing director Anthony Tse, chairman Martin Rowley and other directors were in Japan for a signing ceremony two weeks ago. Shipping data also shows product from Mt Cattlin being shipped to Japan.

Galaxy, capitalised at $1.1 billion, would appeal to these battery companies as it is one of the few producers that hasn't locked all of its production into agreements with long-term customers.

Galaxy currently supplies spodumene concentrate produced from its Mt Cattlin mine in Western Australia to lithium converters in China, which then make the lithium chemical used by battery manufacturers.

It has agreements to sell 120,000 tonnes of concentrate from Mt Cattlin in 2017 and is expected to announce a 2018 offtake agreement before the end of the year.

Galaxy is also developing the Sal de Vida lithium brine project in Argentina and has been flagging for months discussions with "investors, offtakers and potential strategic partners" for the project's production.

Galaxy chief financial officer Alan Rule told reporters on the sidelines of the Diggers and Dealers conference in August the company had held discussions with large car manufacturers about lithium supply, particularly from Sal de Vida.

"They are very active right now and they have been for the past couple of months," Rule said in August.

It comes after fellow West Australian lithium miner Pilbara Minerals struck a deal with Great Wall to sell up 150,000 tonnes a year of product from Pilbara's Pilgangoora project in Western Australia.

From today's AFR
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

IMO

https://www.fool.com.au/2017/10/03/....l-speculation/

The strong run of the Galaxy Resources Limited (ASX: GXY) share price has continued today.
    In afternoon trade the lithium miner’s shares are up 9.5% to $3.00.
    Why are its shares higher?
    Although there has been no word out of the company today, the AFR is reporting that the lithium miner has penned a deal with Tesla’s battery supplier Panasonic.
    According to the report, sources have told the newspaper that Galaxy’s executive team were in Japan two weeks ago to secure the deal. Furthermore, shipping data appears to confirm this and shows product being shipped from its Mt Cattlin operation to Japan.
    Such a deal would not come as a surprise. With electric vehicle adoption tipped to grow strongly as governments crack down on pollution, securing lithium carbonate supply is becoming very important for automakers.
    Only last week Pilbara Minerals Ltd (ASX: PLS) signed a deal with Chinese automaker Great Wall Motor Company for Stage 2 off-take from its flagship Pilgangoora Lithium-Tantalum Project in Western Australia.
    And this morning mineral exploration company Avz Minerals Ltd (ASX: AVZ) announced that it is in discussions with Shanghai Greatpower and a number of other parties for a potential investment and off-take opportunities from its Manono Lithium Project.
    Should you invest?
    While Galaxy is certainly a high risk investment, I believe that its three world-class assets make it one of the best options in the resources sector.
    With lithium supply and demand expected to remain tight for the foreseeable future, I believe prices will remain high and put Galaxy in a strong position to produce high levels of free cash flow.
    Finally, here's a tech share which I think could profit greatly from the lithium boom.
    Why Elon Musk's "secret weapon" was the most shorted share in Australia...
    On 9 March, the visionary Tesla co-founder and CEO made a bold $63,000,000 to save a large swath of Australia. But in the process, he accidentally revealed the small Melbourne-based company that allows him to consistently make the impossible possible. At one point, this little understood company was actually the single most heavily shorted share in all of the ASX. Yet oddly enough, nine out of 10 analysts call it a screaming BUY! And that includes Motley Fool Australia.
    We just isolated this company as Elon Musk's "secret weapon", and think it's dynamic run (up more than double after initially floating shares just two and a half years ago!) is only getting started. For the full story on this company, as well as how to get invested alongside us today,

IMO

[QUOTE=Joshuatree;684786]Just sold LPI for great gains in another runup nearing two previous peaks. If I'm lucky i may buy back if/when it falls away again.[/QUOTE

Well it shot back up again (well before the below ann) quick smart higher then the previous 3 highs, and i missed it.

SUCCESSFUL STAGE 1 PILOT PLANT RESULTS AND PROCESS DIAGRAM
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 09-10-2017 at 11:33 PM.

Anyone holding TAW, if not give it a look on hotcopper

Bit of renewed interest in Lithium sector. NMT received speeding ticket yesterday, been bouncing around 30c +/- 1c for a while, closed 36.5c on no news. Will be watching the early trading today across the sector.
    Last edited by shasta; 10-10-2017 at 10:01 AM.

IMO

meltical thats not really kosher to do that.Better if you provide any info ,links on here and opinion why you think its worthy. Be appreciated by this forum.

Had a look at TAW Digger & Dealers presentation ....very nice ....gutted I didn't look couple weeks ago still looks like it does have some catching up to do with the likes of AJM , GXY.....

Gutted I didn't load up in those NMT shares shasta .....would have done much better than my GXY,RSG trades
    Last edited by JBmurc; 10-10-2017 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Had a look at TAW Digger & Dealers presentation ....very nice ....gutted I didn't look couple weeks ago still looks like it does have some catching up to do with the likes of AJM , GXY.....

Gutted I didn't load up in those NMT shares shasta .....would have done much better than my GXY,RSG trades
    Can't win them all, NMT still undervalued but needs further progress with there downstream projects to extract full value.

Jbmurc, have a look at the potash play KLL, very interesting.