sharetrader
Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    IMO

Prefer to listen to it myself; get much more out of it

IMO

LPI ,a new one with the 4th highest grade salar in the world. Bought a few DYOR (i may or may not have done any)

Advanced Member

It's going to be a very, very exciting month ahead for EMH. Let's see if I can do a little happy dance in the near future.

Very exciting month for many Li stocks, holding LRS and ADV myself. This year people will be blown away with how much electric and self driving cars enter the global market pushing the Li price through the roof.

LRS are currently drilling in the "Lithium triangle" of the world - Anything other then a null result will send the sp vertical.

ADV have just turned up 60m thick graphite and are currently mining for Li - Advantage of adv is there are two possible catalysts to send sp up.

IMO

Know when to hold them know when to fold them is what i keep reminding myself. jeez the takeup in NZ of electric cars seems very low so iscart ahead of the horse?.Anyone got any stats globally? Am all for it myself; environmental speaking. Not much to choose from here ,other than a 2nd hand nissan leaf with 150km range max or the premium Tesla..

IMO

Action in t Lithium stocks bodes well for the sector . Takeover offer of LPD by LIT.
    PDF

EMH trading higher in London and Germany; still a very favoured sector to ride. Currently Holding ORE, EMH, LPI. DYOR
    ORE a multi bagger but held for a long time
    EMH a 4.5 bagger in a short time.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 09-02-2017 at 10:56 PM.

IMO

EMH final 3 drill holes PDF "The sheer size of Cinovec is highlighted by the 361m intercept which is in a league of its own in the lithium space""These results confirm or exceed our expectations"

Advanced Member

And EMH's Cinovec is a non-brine deposit which China prefers.

Advanced Member

Copied from Lithium World:
    Brine versus Hard Rock
    Okay well it seems consensus is that brines are cheaper and quicker to mine than hard rock, right? Well, that's what we've been told for many years. However, I'm starting to wonder if this is a bit like the drug companies running their own safety reports.
    I'm not suggesting they are wrong, just rattling a few things around...
    First of all who said brines are quicker and easier? Brine companies, analysts, wealth funds, and even independent researchers? So why would we question it? Well, I for one always think about vested interests and whether there is one. When I look behind the reports I look at who is providing the information and how it is derived. By the way, many of those reports are from North American origin where they know a lot about....brines...
    Now I'm not suggesting what they say is not the case. This is more about the kind of questions that have been flowing through that cavity between my ears over the past few months. The more activity that goes on in there the more questions I get.
    So here let's just look at some of the questions....I should state here that brines are really a by-product of the potash industry. So we have to include a bit about Potash because really they are mining for potash and getting a bit of lithium on the side. In the same way hard rock mining is mining for lithium and maybe some Tantalum as a bi-product. Kind of the other way around.
    In analysing the question...
    1. Who were we comparing too? For example, were we comparing the best brine deposit with the worst hard rock deposit? Or the other way around?
    2. For hard rock, are we comparing only Spodumene or heaven forbid do they include other hard rock.
    3. If Spodumene is so expensive to produce then why do the Chinese seem to prefer lithium concentrate from Spodumene?
    Could it be a quality issue that is not mentioned in the reports.
    I mean I lived there many years and I don't recall them ever using expensive products. Inferior at times, but never expensive.
    4. Who estimates the price of lithium from brines? I mean potash is the big deal here so who decides how much of the cost factor is assigned to potash and how much to lithium. If Potash prices were low would they then assign less cost structure to Potash and more to Lithium in their reports. hmmmm...
    5. Funny thing is I have heard the sweeping statements which is why I first sensed a bad smell in there somewhere. Who provided that information. Why does it seem that none of the reports give a detailed analysis of the cost factors they included.
    6. They often refer to the initial cost as being low for brines but what about the on-going costs. What about the processing cost.
    7. What cost factor do they put on the uncertain and often problematic nature of brines.
    There seems a whole lot missing.
    Now if anyone can show me a costs comparison with actual cost structures both initial and on-going, please do. Actually if anyone can show me any kind of reports with real facts and figures from start up to on-going supply I would really be fascinated. Small things things would be really handy like..
    The location of both brine and hard rock resources.
    The lithium content of both
    The ability to upscale to technical grade.
    The resource size of both
    The amount of magnesium in the brine in question.
    The local infrastructure
    The evaporation rate of the brines in question.
    The country risk
    The elevation and access of both
    The rainfall, humidity and average winds for the brine.
    The scalability of both
    The period of on-going comparison.
    The end quality and comparative contaminants of both.
    The amount of time to market once established.
    The ability to up-scale for future demand
    The relative damage of both to the environment.
    and so on....
    Anywhere you can point me would be great. I've read all the usual like how much quicker brines are to establish than hard rock. Not sure who they are referring to for brines? Orocobre? Who else is there? For hard rock? Who are they referring to? Pilgangoora?
    You see the problem is that I can't currently see any way to so a real comparison on cost. I can on the length of time to mine and I found those assumptions so general as to be sort of uninteresting.
    Anyway, thanks for all the detailed information I'm expecting to come my way. I do warn you that I will track the source of the information so please do not include that which is derived from vested interests. You know, good old fashioned independent thinking.
    By the way I noticed Potash pricing falling considerably. Surely that would not be effected by a ramp up in brines? But that's another question....
    Just a ramble so please excuse and spelling errors....
    Have fun...it's a mine-field out there....