sharetrader
Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Makes AVZ my biggest multibagger to date. Well done to anyone else on board, Still a lot more news to flood in too

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    Makes AVZ my biggest multibagger to date. Well done to anyone else on board, Still a lot more news to flood in too
    AVZ on a steady decline - perhaps profit taking for all those multibaggers

In fact - the whole ASX mining stock on a steep decline

Quote Originally Posted by STr View Post
    In fact - the whole ASX mining stock on a steep decline
    Took a position at 51c recently in PAM (Pan Asia Metals) sp now 42c still above recent over subscibed capital raise at 40c.
    They have some amazing low cost lithium production potential in SE Asia including geothermal lithium.
    Check the md, Paul Lock on YouTube Spark plus webinar presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by clearasmud View Post
    Took a position at 51c recently in PAM (Pan Asia Metals) sp now 42c still above recent over subscibed capital raise at 40c.
    They have some amazing low cost lithium production potential in SE Asia including geothermal lithium.
    Check the md, Paul Lock on YouTube Spark plus webinar presentation.
    Good luck - on a quick look at the presentation I don't like the look of PAM. It might do ok, but so might many battery play options. The PAM plan appears to be hard-rock mine a lepidolite resource that starts at an average 0.43% lithium concentration. Some zones are above this, others below. The 0.43% used here comes from Page 13 of the PAM presentation of 10 Sept 2021. The amount of over-burden to remove is unclear (or is it underground mining?). Assuming no resource loss on concentration (unlikely) you will need 233t of ore to get 1t of 100% lithium.

As a comparison, CXO's new Grants open-pit mine starts with a 1.49% resource concentration. There's an estimated 71.7% recovery rate on their DMS. You need 5.4T of ore to get to one ton of Spod 5.8%. You would then need 17.2t of Spod to get to 1t of 100% lithium (assuming like for like with above there is no further conversion loss). The Australian mine equivalent needs 93t of Ore to get to 100% lithium. PAM's model needs to 233t, and possibly more assuming some processing losses. The PAM model needs 2.5x more ore for the same end product. If mining costs were excessively high in Australia, Australia couldn't economically produce the resources it does. While Thailand may be a bit cheaper, I wouldn't see it being massively cheaper mining hard-rock lepidolite/mica rick pegmatites in Thailand than its going to be to mine pegmatite's in Australia.

So now back to being low-cost. After moving and processing circa 2.5x more dirt/ore, the slides put the cost structure as half. The lower cost comes from all the by-product credits. That's a massive contribution from the by-product credits if it takes what would appear to be over double the cost and turns it into half the cost. If the by-products are potentially lowering the "cost" by 75%, is it really a lithium play, or are the by-products the main thing with lithium as the by-product?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    Good luck - on a quick look at the presentation I don't like the look of PAM. It might do ok, but so might many battery play options. The PAM plan appears to be hard-rock mine a lepidolite resource that starts at an average 0.43% lithium concentration. Some zones are above this, others below. The 0.43% used here comes from Page 13 of the PAM presentation of 10 Sept 2021. The amount of over-burden to remove is unclear (or is it underground mining?). Assuming no resource loss on concentration (unlikely) you will need 233t of ore to get 1t of 100% lithium.

As a comparison, CXO's new Grants open-pit mine starts with a 1.49% resource concentration. There's an estimated 71.7% recovery rate on their DMS. You need 5.4T of ore to get to one ton of Spod 5.8%. You would then need 17.2t of Spod to get to 1t of 100% lithium (assuming like for like with above there is no further conversion loss). The Australian mine equivalent needs 93t of Ore to get to 100% lithium. PAM's model needs to 233t, and possibly more assuming some processing losses. The PAM model needs 2.5x more ore for the same end product. If mining costs were excessively high in Australia, Australia couldn't economically produce the resources it does. While Thailand may be a bit cheaper, I wouldn't see it being massively cheaper mining hard-rock lepidolite/mica rick pegmatites in Thailand than its going to be to mine pegmatite's in Australia.

So now back to being low-cost. After moving and processing circa 2.5x more dirt/ore, the slides put the cost structure as half. The lower cost comes from all the by-product credits. That's a massive contribution from the by-product credits if it takes what would appear to be over double the cost and turns it into half the cost. If the by-products are potentially lowering the "cost" by 75%, is it really a lithium play, or are the by-products the main thing with lithium as the by-product?
    You may be right. To be honest I know very little about this stock.
    I bgt because they have potential thermal lithium and I was annoyed a missed out on the stratospheric Vulcan(VUL).
    The md also seems super focused.

Quote Originally Posted by STr View Post
    AVZ on a steady decline - perhaps profit taking for all those multibaggers

You were right on the micro front, but zoom out of the charts over 12 months and its only going in one direction and will continue to do so as News is announced - Mining license to come next.
    Be a 10 year hold for me, 3 years in now.

RLC looks interesting...I can't remember exactly but they have some potentially huge lithium tenements in the US and it's close to something...either a processing plant or an electric car factory. The balance sheet, on the other hand, looks ordinary. See what others think

Lithium for me is the Wild West… I’ve been burnt a few times. Tawana was the bad one… everything was rosey, even extracting ore! But then all this dodgy stuff went down. Pretty sure everyone lost their money or still in the courts… be careful out there chaps! Only have one mining stock left now🤣

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by younga View Post
    RLC looks interesting...I can't remember exactly but they have some potentially huge lithium tenements in the US and it's close to something...either a processing plant or an electric car factory. The balance sheet, on the other hand, looks ordinary. See what others think

so do JRL - or is that the one you're thinking of ?