sharetrader
Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Looking at smaller juniors that have at least done some drilling, JBmurc have any views on Metals Australia (MLS)?
    From HC comments they have jumped around on what mineral they are targeting and some are certainly viewing it as a management lifestyle company. They are now focusing on Lithium (WA) plus Graphite (Canada) with smaller intercepts at Mulgara (8m @ 1.0%, 7m @ 1.29%). They are planning 3500m RC drilling at their foundation prospect. There's a 20:1 consolidation in a few days that move the price back up to the 4-6c range (based on current 0.02/0.03 quotes). The description of the foundation target is a bit odd in that the maps show a typical skinny long Pegmatite. The text quoted is "Additional, systematic, rockchip sampling programme now planned to test the entire 500m x 200m extent of the foundation pegmatite cluster..." Is it narrow (say 10-20m wide) or does it have a massive width (200m) which if combined with depth would put it into the multi million ton's (if assay results are also good - a big if).

Being new to this space, two bits I'm not sure about are whether holding a mining licence already (from Zinc?) would make it quicker or easier to start mining Lithium from an approvals perspective (or mean a takeover from someone with capital could be a possibility). Also is it a huge red flag or just a normal progression that floatation testing is only concentrating to a grade of 3.05% which is fractionally under half the sort of Spod grade I'd have expected.
    Disc Not held.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    Looking at smaller juniors that have at least done some drilling, JBmurc have any views on Metals Australia (MLS)?
    From HC comments they have jumped around on what mineral they are targeting and some are certainly viewing it as a management lifestyle company. They are now focusing on Lithium (WA) plus Graphite (Canada) with smaller intercepts at Mulgara (8m @ 1.0%, 7m @ 1.29%). They are planning 3500m RC drilling at their foundation prospect. There's a 20:1 consolidation in a few days that move the price back up to the 4-6c range (based on current 0.02/0.03 quotes). The description of the foundation target is a bit odd in that the maps show a typical skinny long Pegmatite. The text quoted is "Additional, systematic, rockchip sampling programme now planned to test the entire 500m x 200m extent of the foundation pegmatite cluster..." Is it narrow (say 10-20m wide) or does it have a massive width (200m) which if combined with depth would put it into the multi million ton's (if assay results are also good - a big if).

Being new to this space, two bits I'm not sure about are whether holding a mining licence already (from Zinc?) would make it quicker or easier to start mining Lithium from an approvals perspective (or mean a takeover from someone with capital could be a possibility). Also is it a huge red flag or just a normal progression that floatation testing is only concentrating to a grade of 3.05% which is fractionally under half the sort of Spod grade I'd have expected.
    Disc Not held.
    No not one I've looked into ... good to see WCN kick up today
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    No not one I've looked into ... good to see WCN kick up today
    This thread which started mid-Jan 2022 is also worth a read as the poster is tracking a good range of lithium stocks from the major's down to some smaller one's. With so many players entering the lithium exploration space its hard keeping track of every new company that potentially has lithium. I'm not sure how long it will continue for.

https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/ess...eport.6532611/

Legend

Every man & his dog seems to be unearthing Lithium 'potentials' these days:

https://stockhead.com.au/resources/e...mount-everest/

How's our global Lithium shortage going ?

It's getting difficult picking which of these hopefuls will start the race or how far
    down they track they'll go..
    Last edited by nztx; 18-02-2022 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post

It's getting difficult picking which of these hopefuls will start the race or how far
    Spot lithium prices in China have exploded over the past 6 months. The problem is there's a disconnect between current market price vs long term 'contract' pricing. I hold a significant holding in ALB (NYSE) which had surprised earnings yesterday and it's share price has lost 20% today. The problem with lithium mining is it's all easy to say that 1 area has lots of lithium, but it's another story trying to extract this metal. Just look at RioTino lithium venture in Europe which failed. The largest lithium reserve in the EU and RioTino can not get their shovels in the ground. The same applies to almost all these jr. lithium miner stocks around the world. Most of them will go bankrupt through regulations and political issues.

Many unforeseen events at stake - possible war between Russia and Ukraine. High inflation that will trigger fast increase in central bank interest rates. Another Covid variant? Bottom line, if you have cash, buying lithium is a smart long term bet.

Advanced Member

[QUOTE=SBQ;942597]Spot lithium prices in China have exploded over the past 6 months. The problem is there's a disconnect between current market price vs long term 'contract' pricing. I hold a significant holding in ALB (NYSE) which had surprised earnings yesterday and it's share price has lost 20% today. The problem with lithium mining is it's all easy to say that 1 area has lots of lithium, but it's another story trying to extract this metal. Just look at RioTino lithium venture in Europe which failed. The largest lithium reserve in the EU and RioTino can not get their shovels in the ground. The same applies to almost all these jr. lithium miner stocks around the world. Most of them will go bankrupt through regulations and political issues.

Many unforeseen events at stake - possible war between Russia and Ukraine. High inflation that will trigger fast increase in central bank interest rates. Another Covid variant? Bottom line, if you have cash, buying lithium is a smart long term bet.[/QUOTE

If it’s any help I bought into orocobre (now merged into AKE) a few years ago after Toyota bought in)
    They are producing large amounts and look secure .

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post

Disc Not held.
    Update - this concentration grade is increasingly looking like a huge red flag. Unless there is strong information to the contrary, it appears MLS's existing lithium grades are within Lepidolite rather than Spodumeme. From a quick google processing of Lepidolite to Hydroxide (or Carbonate) is more difficult. Its unclear at what price point it becomes commercially unviable or whether there are even commercial operators doing this concentration pathway (The US's evaluation of souces of lithium only named a small number of countries, all consistent with Hard-rock Spod or Brine as the source material). Obviously DYOR but unless unambiguous Spod references exist, I'd avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post

Plenty of new players in the lithium space, with good profits to be made.
    Held Galaxy (average price 21.2c) into the merger to Alkem. They climbed to $12 and pulled back to mid 9's. They have a hydroxide plant, several profitable mines operating now and a growth path for Sal de Vita (brine) and James Bay (spod). Alkem will continue to grow. I would pick a lithium stock to invest in with some caution as many of the junior explorers with lithium tenements will get eaten up. Pick the right company and they will do well for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotea View Post
    Plenty of new players in the lithium space, with good profits to be made.
    Held Galaxy (average price 21.2c) into the merger to Alkem. They climbed to $12 and pulled back to mid 9's. They have a hydroxide plant, several profitable mines operating now and a growth path for Sal de Vita (brine) and James Bay (spod). Alkem will continue to grow. I would pick a lithium stock to invest in with some caution as many of the junior explorers with lithium tenements will get eaten up. Pick the right company and they will do well for sure.
    Hey Aotea, I know your big on resources investments. Would AVZ pass your sovereign risk

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    Hey Aotea, I know your big on resources investments. Would AVZ pass your sovereign risk
    Nomis, sovereign risk is merely one of many assessment matters in buying into a company. As I said I rate Alkem which has a large project in the South Americas coming on, so that presents a geopolitical risk too.
    I did hold Peak (PEK) and sold out simply because they were in Africa and a little uncertain in terms of the political space. That may have been a mistake but my equity is somewhere else I am comfortable with.
    For most investors, they buy into a company with no knowledge of the management or their history, and that is just as high as a risk consideration.
    So, no AVZ wouldnt pass the sovereign risk test, but that does not mean it shouldnt be a profitable or good company to invest in.
    Last edited by Aotea; 22-02-2022 at 02:41 PM.