sharetrader
Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

You wouldn’t like my areas of investment then my highest priced stock is CNB $1.25 .. but that’s not the most important value.. as we know marketcap gives a much better idea on value .. most of my investment start in the sub 100mill AUD range and exits 500mill to Billion .. not that the blue chips aren’t worth a trade RIO BHP WPL all screaming BUYs earlier in the year and all pay great dividends..

I do agree many micro caps exploration plays and jnr miners will never grow or survive.. it’s a tough sector ...one must alway be really to exit if results operations aren’t meeting your high expectations .. doesn’t matter what value they use to trade at ... or mgmt hopes

As you can see from my signature.. I hunt for the next growth stock from the micro-cap sector ... higher risk but high returns if you can control your trading emotions
    Last edited by JBmurc; 30-03-2022 at 08:36 PM.

Would be curious about your take on MQR Jb. Quite a variety of prospects for ~$20m, if either of their US lithium plays show anything, it could move quickly. Their lonestar gold/copper acquisition looks appetising, too, although a few questions about them maybe redrilling historic holes for a bit of news flow. Pulling up some nice grades though..

Quote Originally Posted by Watchful View Post
    Would be curious about your take on MQR Jb. Quite a variety of prospects for ~$20m, if either of their US lithium plays show anything, it could move quickly. Their lonestar gold/copper acquisition looks appetising, too, although a few questions about them maybe redrilling historic holes for a bit of news flow. Pulling up some nice grades though..
    Yes MQR a company I briefly looked into and liked what i seen .. but just never followed it up .. I try to keep my portfolio to 10 or less holding purely as the time I like to keep up to date on each at times daily soaks up so much time..... I always seem to have 2-3 companies I really like the look of but think I could enter cheaper etc... then forget about them and add another etc

See what WCN comes up with in the near term could be about to be kicked to the kerb ... MQR might fit the bill ..
    Last edited by JBmurc; 30-03-2022 at 09:20 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Some good info here, lots of companies to research in the hunt for multi-baggers!

https://stockhead.com.au/resources/e...ithium-miners/

Quote Originally Posted by denpal View Post
    Some good info here, lots of companies to research in the hunt for multi-baggers!

https://stockhead.com.au/resources/e...ithium-miners/
    Quite frankly, almost every one of those junior lithium mining stocks will go bust over the next 10 years. The large established mining stocks like Rio Tino, don't even have a major presence in lithium production at the current levels. It takes several years to get lithium mining sites online... costing BILLIONS. The likely outcomes or best case scenario is by joint venture with the larger lithium companies. If the concentrates in the ground aren't high enough, and the negotiation around the contracts are not clear, then nothing will happen.

Meanwhile, punters can make a killing .....

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    Quite frankly, almost every one of those junior lithium mining stocks will go bust over the next 10 years. The large established mining stocks like Rio Tino, don't even have a major presence in lithium production at the current levels. It takes several years to get lithium mining sites online... costing BILLIONS. The likely outcomes or best case scenario is by joint venture with the larger lithium companies. If the concentrates in the ground aren't high enough, and the negotiation around the contracts are not clear, then nothing will happen.
    Yes it does pay to be selective, and a lot will depend on someone's risk appetite. At the moment all the in-production lithium miners have market cap's well into the billions as do some of the under construction mine's. If you were to successfully identify a small junior (sub $50k market cap), 1000% and higher returns are possible. If you have a portfolio of 5 and for go bust and one does 10x you will come out ahead. As is usual, a lot of the new entrants that are yet to even get a drill bit into the ground are high risk. No doubt about it, but that's always been the case with pre-drilling juniors.

IMO an area that has potential for extremely strong gains while minimising some of the risk is Juniors that have the following:
    >A JORC resource that is in the multi-million ton's and at a grade comfortably above 1%
    >Have cash balances well into the millions, ideally around or over $10m
    >Have a Spod not Lepidolite (purple) lithium resource
    >Have done the test work to confirm the ore can be concentrated to around 6% with a recovery rate above 60%, ideally 70-80%+
    >Are no more than a few hundred kilometers from ports and have major roads for most of this distance
    >Have active drilling programme to expand this resource

Having all of these factors increases the companies market cap, typically into the hundred's of millions but should also decrease the failure rate of the companies that are invested in. Quite a few will no longer be listed in five years, but that's because there is likely to be a wave of M&A activity.

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    10yrs is a long time trading in Resources market or really all speccy not making money from operations ... but your'd be surprised how many continue to survive as explorers ... IRC is been trading for 24yrs before they changed ticker to HRZ last few years .. only minor toll treatment ... still talking up future Production plans >>> I've been smart enough to hunt out explorers that turn into successive producers(But not smart enough to continue to HOLD most of the time>> ....BPT , SBM , RMS , STX , etc
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Legend

Jinderlee (JRL) adding momentum today on McDermott Li deposit in the USA
    and having sold down part of their EME holding recently

a small company small issued Cap with a big resource that escapes the radar of many

Ok, so we sold a rental and have change left over...
    what lithium stocks should I buy?
    thinking of $10k x 10 in big cap producers and $10k in x5 mid cap.
    i have read back quit a bit of the thread, but i am not a miner .
    just interested in your views as experienced people, such great knowledge and any advice welcome .
    so far have Black rock and Syrah, but only recently, so small profits so far.
    also EQE but they are not lithium / nickel.