sharetrader
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Angry ANZ Share trading System

Australian connection is currently down if anyone is experiencing problems ...
    Their website also crashed today so a multitude of problems ....

anyone else having trouble connecting or even getting thru on the phone to anzshareandbondtrading?

Guru

I don't think they exist anymore. Replaced with

www.anzsecurities.co.nz

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    I don't think they exist anymore. Replaced with

www.anzsecurities.co.nz
    does still exist ,think the difference is one was the old Accces brokerage and one is ANZ clients , obviously you could be both

https://www.anzshareandbondtrading.co.nz

ANZ platform is really slow in performing a buy or sell action. I had an existing order for a share,I have just changed this for the current asking price with enough shares on offer to cover my order.
    I switched from the orders window to the depth of the share windows, refreshing each time.It took 5 minutes for my order to go through. This happens all the time,it used to be nearly instantaneous,when you clicked buy,a couple of refreshes and your order was done.
    I have been told when I rang them that they have to check the csn number etc. but electronically this shouldn't be an issue,as I have had an account for years etc.
    In this day and age,that is just absurdly slow,even as the minimum brokerage is $29.90 you would think they would be way more efficient,maybe I could understand it if the brokerage was $7-8 like in the states.
    Does anyone know why this is?

Have noticed the same. My guess is that they are holding on the trade to try and match it with another ANZ client (saving them money) - just a guess though.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    Have noticed the same. My guess is that they are holding on the trade to try and match it with another ANZ client (saving them money) - just a guess though.
    You would think that would be bordering on unethical though,as they should have your best interest at heart. Risking missing the trade because someone else got in and snatched those shares at the price you wanted to pay.
    That way they could also miss out on your brokerage as you change your mind as the next available price doesn't suit.

In this day and age of fast internet and platforms that should be very efficient,it's quite dissappointing to see this happening.

It looks like the ANZ platform has crashed. Was taking 2 minutes to update, now is taking forever.

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Does anyone have any insight as to why the ANZ and ASB trading platfroms show different depth/volume figures etc? Both are live so thats not it. ANZ almost always has more buyers at any given price than ASB. Sometimes there is even a different last trade price.

Todays example: 13/09 12:44 AET - XST.ASX taken within a millisecond of each other

ASB:
    Last Change Buy Sell Open High Low VWAP Volume Turnover
    $0.013 0.1
    8.3%
    $0.013 $0.014 $0.012 $0.013 $0.012 $0.013 26,317,050 $337,470

Buyers
    6 2,865,897 $0.013

Sellers
    5 2,880,315 $0.014

ANZ:
    Last Change Buy Sell Open High Low VWAP Volume Turnover
    $0.014 0.2