sharetrader
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    The DB site is a joke - doesn't show pre-market matching, 20 min delays, shows depth but not actual trades gone through, market announcements not coming through.

I'm looking for an alternative as I type.
    I am going to give them a week to sort out teething problems. Never easy switching buildings and technology issues. But if there is no improvement, I will be leaving as well.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I am going to give them a week to sort out teething problems.
    Surely they could have desk tested over the past few weeks. Cant be hard to see if Pre-open is working and if there is a live feed.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Surely they could have desk tested over the past few weeks. Cant be hard to see if Pre-open is working and if there is a live feed.
    I dare say there is no pre-open feed from the NZX over the weekend, so this desk testing would not have worked. So they were probably going out on a limb. If they have it sorted in a week, I will not be unhappy.

I've placed a few trades on the ASX, but they've been showing as 'Placed' for 20-30 minutes now (ANZ moved to Limit Order within a few minutes). Can understand if it's because it's still pre-market. Hopefully it isn't this slow once trading begins.

I dare say there is no pre-open feed from the NZX over the weekend, so this desk testing would not have worked. So they were probably going out on a limb. If they have it sorted in a week, I will not be unhappy.
    I don't believe for a moment they picked up the software at 5.00pm on Friday and only had a the weekend to get it right. That would just be nuts.

Guru

I don't believe for a moment they picked up the software at 5.00pm on Friday and only had a the weekend to get it right. That would just be nuts.
    They have been working on it for quite a while. Its just you cannot do a live run over the weekend (or any weekend for that matter) because there is no live NZX data coming through.

Chi-X trades not showing up in the course of trades? I think the price and depth are still updated, but can't see the trades.

They have been working on it for quite a while. Its just you cannot do a live run over the weekend (or any weekend for that matter) because there is no live NZX data coming through.
    If they were doing live runs before the weekend you would have expected that they did not see pre-open or depth update as per schedule. They could have created an alternative data source to test over the weekend.

Looks like they still dont have the link between the cash management account transaction and the cash management account balance working yet. My cash sort of looks like it is there - but not in the part it would need to be if I wanted to transfer it.

Guru

If they were doing live runs before the weekend you would have expected that they did not see pre-open or depth update as per schedule. They could have created an alternative data source to test over the weekend.

Looks like they still dont have the link between the cash management account transaction and the cash management account balance working yet. My cash sort of looks like it is there - but not in the part it would need to be if I wanted to transfer it.
    That is possible. But do not underestimate the NZX. Back in the day when people would call me was often the NZX's fault even though to the punter it would seem/look as if the broker had the issue. No substitute for the real deal and they probably did try it with an alternative date source to test but an alternative data source would be more reliable. Anyway I am happy to give them a few days to sort their $^#@ out.

Found my loot. Got transferred back to home bank account, not a trading account.