sharetrader
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    ANZ platform is really slow in performing a buy or sell action. I had an existing order for a share,I have just changed this for the current asking price with enough shares on offer to cover my order.
    I switched from the orders window to the depth of the share windows, refreshing each time.It took 5 minutes for my order to go through. This happens all the time,it used to be nearly instantaneous,when you clicked buy,a couple of refreshes and your order was done.
    I have been told when I rang them that they have to check the csn number etc. but electronically this shouldn't be an issue,as I have had an account for years etc.
    In this day and age,that is just absurdly slow,even as the minimum brokerage is $29.90 you would think they would be way more efficient,maybe I could understand it if the brokerage was $7-8 like in the states.
    Does anyone know why this is?
    Yeap ANZ is shockingly slow hence I have my trade portfolio with ASB & investment portfolio where speed is mostly unnecessary with ANZ. Works out cheaper too as my investment buy/sells are normally a much higher value taking advantage of their cheaper rates.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by t.rexjr View Post
    Yeap ANZ is shockingly slow hence I have my trade portfolio with ASB & investment portfolio where speed is mostly unnecessary with ANZ. Works out cheaper too as my investment buy/sells are normally a much higher value taking advantage of their cheaper rates.
    I tried to sell some shares yesterday via ANZ on the Asx. Took about 4 minutes from me placing my order to my order being executed. In that time the bid had disappeared and I was not happy. Luckily it got taken by someone about 2 hours later but that really is not good enough is it. A cursory SRN check should take no longer than 30 seconds and the rest should be instantaneous. It could be the broker in AUS that ANZ use that is dragging the chain....

ANZ down for anyone else at the moment?

This is what is showing on mine: "We're sorry but an unexpected system error has occurred. We'll investigate the cause of this error and get it resolved as soon as possible but if you need more immediate assistance please contact us and we'll do our best to help."

Edit: seems to be fine now
    Last edited by hummerh40; 03-04-2018 at 11:15 AM.

Yes been the second time in just the last couple of weeks the platform has had major issues ..just not good enough
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

is it correct that ANZ charge custody fees on all shares purchased through them? I know they do that for US shares. But surely not for NZ and Australian shares.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    is it correct that ANZ charge custody fees on all shares purchased through them? I know they do that for US shares. But surely not for NZ and Australian shares.
    No they do not charge custody fees for NZ and Australian Equities. Well not that I am aware of. If you wanted to hold you shares in an entity called "ANZ custodial services" or something like that they probably would. But if you have a CSN, SRN or are Chess sponsored there are no fees apart from brokerage on the buy and sell.

Not for ASX shares, i dont trade/invest on the NZX anymore so not sure

thanks for the responses, blackcap and shasta

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    No monthly custody fees for nz and au shares.

My ASX order tonight couldn't go through as apparently I no longer have a CHESS account- presumably will need to wait until after the long weekend to use the new firm? Pretty sure I sent those forms back a few weeks ago... Anyone else having the same message come up when trying to place order on the ASX?