sharetrader
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: WBC - Westpac

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The ScoMo magic ....good eh
    Indeed, Westpacs USA shareholders (they account for 58% of the shares)will be very happy. I wonder whats happened to the rumour of ANZ floating shares in NZ as a response to the Reserve Bank proposal to require higher reserve ratio??
    Might be good if Westpac start payiing their staff better. I talked to one and it didnt sound like a very pleasant place to work. It would good if a brave shareholder could hold them to account
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 20-05-2019 at 02:21 PM.

Pleased to have bought some of these (and ANZ on the dip) late last week. Used some of my ASBPB proceeds. For once my timing was lucky.

Sort of sounds ungrateful but I wish this run was after the DRP calculation period! My best performing share this financial year

Had quite a few of these at the 2680 and 2700 mark, and also bought some more after it went ex div. I thought these would be a good long term hold. Cant beat the return, when interest rates are so low. You could have blown me over when the price surged, I wasnt expecting that.

I cant see all of the banks problems are over yet. Long story made short, I sold them all and took the profit.

My question to consider is will they go back down to 2680. I am desperate to get back in but at what price.
    Last edited by bottomfeeder; 26-05-2019 at 10:54 AM. Reason: spelling

Advanced Member

Anyone else having an issue accessing SPP offer website?

What are the best solutions NZ based traders have found to making AUD BPAY based payments?

Westpac's SSP at A$25.32 looks like paying by BPAY will be the most effective, and also the lowest chance of something going missing - I don't like posting, or even using a courier for large cheques hoping they get there!!

I've recently shifted to banking with HSBC and am considering opening an AUD account with them. I'm however unsure if an AUD account through the multi-currency element of the NZ platform of HSBC will enable BPAY payments. Do I need to go one step further and open a HSBC account through the Australian element of HSBC that would then obviously have BPAY enabled?

Anyone else been through this loop to know what works?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    What are the best solutions NZ based traders have found to making AUD BPAY based payments?

Westpac's SSP at A$25.32 looks like paying by BPAY will be the most effective, and also the lowest chance of something going missing - I don't like posting, or even using a courier for large cheques hoping they get there!!

I've recently shifted to banking with HSBC and am considering opening an AUD account with them. I'm however unsure if an AUD account through the multi-currency element of the NZ platform of HSBC will enable BPAY payments. Do I need to go one step further and open a HSBC account through the Australian element of HSBC that would then obviously have BPAY enabled?

Anyone else been through this loop to know what works?
    I have an AUD account with HSBC and it appears to be very dormant as in little ability to do anything other than to hold AUD.

I have found the best way to deal with Australian shares has been to open up a NAB bank account and corresponding NABTrade share account when on holiday in Australia. It's cheaper to buy ASX shares and there's an AUD bank account for the AUD dividends and you get access to BPAY. It was very easy to open and very easy to operate online. Both are highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwico View Post
    I have an AUD account with HSBC and it appears to be very dormant as in little ability to do anything other than to hold AUD.

I have found the best way to deal with Australian shares has been to open up a NAB bank account and corresponding NABTrade share account when on holiday in Australia. It's cheaper to buy ASX shares and there's an AUD bank account for the AUD dividends and you get access to BPAY. It was very easy to open and very easy to operate online. Both are highly recommended.
    Thank you. I'll need to do something like that next time I'm over the there.

I have been accumulating WBC shares through the NZX and with NZ$. It looks if I take up my entitlement in the offer then I must buy on the ASX register with AU$. Maybe I have to buy on the NZX for the NZ listing. Anyone else with a similar dilemma?

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    I have been accumulating WBC shares through the NZX and with NZ$.
    Same here.
    I haven't looked very hard as I probably won't participate, but I think there is a NZ phone number you can call which would hopefully make things clearer.