sharetrader
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: WBC - Westpac

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    https://www.anzsecurities.co.nz/Dire...NZSE&view=news
    Trading halt.
    Wonder what this is about ?
    All Aussie banks go into a trading halt in nz pre results announcement ....time difference
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Duh....ok...thanks all.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    And here it is.

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/201805...l4dk9jxtx4.pdf

Hi all, I apologise if this issue has been raised, and covered elsewhere.

I have an outstanding dividend payment, holding shares of WBC:AU on the ASX.

Link services only seem to allow bank transfer to Australian bank accounts - no cheques, no NZ bank accounts. At this stage, my dividend is in limbo, the shares are under company name which means opening an Australian Bank account would be very complicated for taxation. All other organisations I am a shareholder of issue either non-transferable cheques, or allow transfer to NZ based bank accounts bearing the same name as the shareholder.

I have tried writing to Westpac, they obviously value their shareholders so rigorously that 3 days have passed and I have not had a response to my query on how to extract my dividend.

Has anyone else had this issue, and how have they worked around it?

Veteran novice

Can't help with the "stranded" divvy but it might be an idea to transfer the shares to the NZ register, if you intend to keep them.

I'm not sure how much help it is but I've got some WBC shares with one holding on the asx and the other on the nzx. Both pay to the same cheque account in nz so it's possible to get the Australian listing paying to a nzd cheque.

Regarding your missing cheque you will probably need to complete and sign a missing / stale cheque from and possibly chase it up until paid.

Thank you for your advice MacDuffy, I will take this into consideration and look into what is involved.

Scrunch, thank you for letting me know it is possible. I will go into the Link Services office when I am up in Auckland in a few weeks and sort this out. The Link Services website (AU) is where the shares show, and it only offers the option of an Australian Bank account for dividend payments.

No cheque has been sent out and certainly nothing rec'd as far as I am aware. I suspect after reading your response, it is a limitation of the Link Service AU website, rather than a limitation of the organisation itself.

The Westpac AU website itself confirms it should be possible for dividend payments into AU, NZ bank accounts, cheque, or reinvestment options on div payments.

Thank you for your help everyone, invaluable and have saved me from not quite knowing who to chase on this.
    Last edited by visionary; 19-07-2018 at 06:32 PM. Reason: My terrible speling and ignorance of the spell check.

These are back in buying range again.

hit hard today. within a whisker of multi-year lows, massive resistance at $30 now.
    I agree its actually looking value, but so so weak technically.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....