sharetrader
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    Hi, would any investor want to share their thoughts on how they would split the $100k (original question) amongst Smartshares ETFs for long term growth?
    I have USG, USF, TWH, LIV, EUF, BOT & AUS, MZY as a way of diversifying out of NZ. I choose to hold NZ shares directly, but if you chose not to then perhaps add them to the mix

Mary also said that one needs at least $30,000 to even consider investing in shares. She was most definitely wrong about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    A Q&A by Mary Holme which covers index funds. Says the NZ ones are good but once you have more than $100k, probably worth doing it direct with the overseas versions. SO this thread really is on the cusp (per mary).

If the question was where to put $10k, for the admin costs, the NZ versions would be a 'good' deal.

Dilettante

Hi, would any investor want to share their thoughts on how they would split the $100k (original question) amongst Smartshares ETFs for long term growth?
    I put a bit of money each month into Smartshares ETFs for long term dollar averaging investment and have done for some time. I have limited myself to 3 ETFs. They are USF about 50-60%, BOT 20-25% & EUF 20-25%. When I look at the geographical and currency spread of revenues from the companies in the USF & EUF, I see no need for further diversification. The only other option I seriously considered was "emerging markets" but decided against is as I think the USF in particular, pretty well covers it.
    All my Australasian investments are directly held.

I've reached a $ number now that I am satisfied with in Smartshares and just yesterday setup a Hatch account for further direct investments into pretty similar ETFs.

This is not a recommendation, just an answer to your question. DYOR.
    Last edited by iceman; 22-08-2021 at 04:56 PM.

Thanks Iceman. I plan to do something similar with only 3-5 ETF funds which include NZ/AUS. Did you buy directly via Smartshares so there was no brokerage costs or use a trading platform?

I have a hatch account set up to where I will invest up to $50K. As the FIF rules will apply to your future hatch ETFs, do you consider this to be much of an issue? or FIF rules are just part of parcel of growing your wealth?
    Last edited by GRADS; 23-08-2021 at 07:37 AM.

Dilettante

Thanks Iceman. I plan to do something similar with only 3-5 ETF funds which include NZ/AUS. Did you buy directly via Smartshares so there was no brokerage costs or use a trading platform?

I have a hatch account set up to where I will invest up to $50K. As the FIF rules will apply to your future hatch ETFs, do you consider this to be much of an issue? or FIF rules are just part of parcel of growing your wealth?
    I’ve bought directly through Smartshares on a monthly basis