sharetrader
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Music Thread

Yes Beck imho is a better player than Clapton, and probably underrated. Most have heard of Jimmy Page and Eric Clapton, not so many Jeff Beck, let alone that all three came through the same band at various points - i.e. the Yardbirds.
    Still kick myself for not seeing one of his shows here, especially when he was with Jan Hammer, his early albums Truth and so on are very good as well, Rod Stewart better then as well.

Update Ready To Install

[QUOTE=Joshuatree;752406]

This is mind-blowing ly good in idea, film sound, direction,production and musicianship.
    https://youtu.be/cHLbaOLWjpc

Orkestra Obselete play Blue Monday using dodgy 1930's instruments.

[QUOTE=Joshuatree;752440]
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post

This is mind-blowing ly good in idea, film sound, direction,production and musicianship.
    https://youtu.be/cHLbaOLWjpc

Orkestra Obselete play Blue Monday using dodgy 1930's instruments.

Cool stuff ..thanks
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

–Benjamin Graham”

Talking of guitars blind performer Garrumul is quiet cool ....he was left-hander but he played a right-handed guitar, holding it upside down.

Gurrumul has an amazing voice and his quitar work is pretty good. One of my favourite videos is Gurrumul accompanied by Missy Higgins. Can’t understand a word but cool as and highlights how much respect Missy Higgins has for Gurrumul.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BBCytQZvOMo

Jimmy Hendrix was left handed and played a right handed guitar but he changed the strings around to make it easier.
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

–Benjamin Graham”

Browsing through Amazon a few weeks ago (as you do because our local music shops are crap) came across a Mumford and Sons concert on blu ray. Live in South Africa Dust and Thunder. Now had a chance to give it a few plays and love it. Its a great live arena rock concert. Video and audio quality just spot on. Camera does a really good job of capturing band members and audience while the 5:1 gives an immersive concert experience. (Will have to wait for an empty house before I can really crank up the volume for more realistic experience!)

All tracks worth a listen but stand out ones for me are: Tompkins Square Park and Dust Bowl Dance. And the advantage of blu ray over CD is the extra tracks which includes another standout There Will Be Time feat Baaba Maal. Wow - love him!! Hes a Sengalese musician and I am now off to find more of his music.

MM rating of 9.5/10

Update Ready To Install

Interview with Steve Hackett , great guitarist for earlier Genesis on RNZ national this morn bought back happy memories and friends of the 70's when their best prog rock music was produced imo."Selling England by The Pound" my fave but a brace of great albums came out.Nursery Crimes, Foxtrot, Trick of the Tail, trespass, lamb lies down On broadway".

Genesis - Selling England By The Pound (Full Album Remastered)

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Interview with Steve Hackett , great guitarist for earlier Genesis on RNZ national this morn bought back happy memories and friends of the 70's when their best prog rock music was produced imo."Selling England by The Pound" my fave but a brace of great albums came out.Nursery Crimes, Foxtrot, Trick of the Tail, trespass, lamb lies down On broadway".

Genesis - Selling England By The Pound (Full Album Remastered)
    Fantastic album...
    though I would never use YouTube to listen to music
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Update Ready To Install

Agree. Just easy when im on the comp. Have 2 albums on CD.

Update Ready To Install

Mouse On Mars a current electronica fave
    Mouse On Mars - Katang

Anyone going to Joe Bonamassa at Spark in a couple of weeks? I would but have holiday booked since Feb and the plane takes off about the time he is due on stage - playing a few of his older songs too going by recent set lists
    If anyone is , please report back, ....or maybe I don't want to know

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Anyone going to Joe Bonamassa at Spark in a couple of weeks? I would but have holiday booked since Feb and the plane takes off about the time he is due on stage - playing a few of his older songs too going by recent set lists
    If anyone is , please report back, ....or maybe I don't want to know
    Loved Joe concert in Edinburgh a couple of years ago

Going to Fleetwood Mac in Dunedin weekend before Joe's Chch gig but heading further south for a look around so alas no Joe for me this time around

Joe with Beth Hart is amazing

–Benjamin Graham”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Loved Joe concert in Edinburgh a couple of years ago

Going to Fleetwood Mac in Dunedin weekend before Joe's Chch gig but heading further south for a look around so alas no Joe for me this time around

Joe with Beth Hart is amazing
    The stuff he did on the Beacon Theatre DVD with Beth is very good, especially I'll take care of you. Not so much of a fan of the two CDs I have that they recorded together- has done a 3rd last year I think it was - have not heard it
    Forgot about the ChCh gig - again if anyone goes please let us know how it went.

Looking forward to the release of another live CD from Sydney Opera House, due out Oct 25th - JB is one of these artists, imho, who is better live than on studio record.
    Went to both his previous concerts here, first one was Auckland Town Hall and next was at Aotea centre. Now doing Spark in Auckland and a CH CH gig - must be a bigger following now
    Wish he would bring Joanne Shaw Taylor as a support act, though he does not usually do support acts or her on her own would also come here- again she is better live than on record from what I have heard/listened to