sharetrader
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 141

Thread: Music Thread

  1. #1
    The Wolf of Sharetrader
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    On my Superyacht
    Posts
    1,286

    Default Music Thread

    There was a music thread some time ago. But it got deleted along with Robbo24. He's probably listening to baby music while he changes nappies these days anyway. So here is the thread again.

    Anyway, I remember posting this song to the thread as the lead singer is actually a previous post on here, the Moose.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s11BuatTuXk

    The Pogues - Dirty Old Town

  2. #2
    Legend minimoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post

    The Pogues - Dirty Old Town
    I've got their 30th anniversary Live concert at the paris Olympian on Blu Ray so might be a bit of quiet viewing tonight! I dont know if Shane McGowan is pissed or not but hes not doing a good impression of a sober person.

    About the only time I get to listen to music is when I am out on a run. I have my trusty Rockbox modded Cowan D2+ and Shure 215 earphones. 40gb of storage and files cut at 320kb or FLAC files so I still have a bit of choice.

    Tonight I was listening to Daft Punks Random Access Memories and Disclosure’s Settle.

    On my long run playlist I have 3 tracks locked in for when I know the going is getting tough: Awolnations Sail; Nina Simones Oh Sinner Man and a Tiesto remix of Goytres Somebody That I Used to Know.

  3. #3
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sth Island. New Zealand.
    Posts
    5,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I've got their 30th anniversary Live concert at the paris Olympian on Blu Ray so might be a bit of quiet viewing tonight! I dont know if Shane McGowan is pissed or not but hes not doing a good impression of a sober person.

    About the only time I get to listen to music is when I am out on a run. I have my trusty Rockbox modded Cowan D2+ and Shure 215 earphones. 40gb of storage and files cut at 320kb or FLAC files so I still have a bit of choice.

    Tonight I was listening to Daft Punks Random Access Memories and Disclosure’s Settle.

    On my long run playlist I have 3 tracks locked in for when I know the going is getting tough: Awolnations Sail; Nina Simones Oh Sinner Man and a Tiesto remix of Goytres Somebody That I Used to Know.
    I think McGowan was right out of it on drugs most of the time. He became completely out of control which was a large factor in the breakup IIRC.

  4. #4
    The Wolf of Sharetrader
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    On my Superyacht
    Posts
    1,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I dont know if Shane McGowan is pissed or not but hes not doing a good impression of a sober person.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lilHQPUsbm4 - "Pogues Live"

    Get concerned if he's sober is my understanding.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nPE1UtQLDE - "Tiesto Remix" - MM - I like the bit when Kimbra pipes up.

  5. #5
    The Wolf of Sharetrader
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    On my Superyacht
    Posts
    1,286

    Default

    Robbo originally started the thread to ask what music we trade to.

    Naturally I said this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpbbuaIA3Ds

    Not 100% sure it was, maybe Trader Jackson(?) said they trade to this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdemFfbS5H0

  6. #6
    Membaa
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    3,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    There was a music thread some time ago. But it got deleted along with Robbo24. He's probably listening to baby music while he changes nappies these days anyway. So here is the thread again.

    Anyway, I remember posting this song to the thread as the lead singer is actually a previous post on here, the Moose.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s11BuatTuXk

    The Pogues - Dirty Old Town
    He, not! and the lead singer is definitely Shane whose grass is not even greener on the other side.
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 12-05-2016 at 07:35 PM.

  7. #7
    The past is practise. Vaygor1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northland
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Here's something a bit different for those Sharetrader extraordinaires within the forum…...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BQSnxEno9k

  8. #8
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    9,040

    Default

    Aaaargh thats a shocker ;(but thanks anyways) will dig around for a riposte.

  9. #9
    Legend minimoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    OK, heres one for those traders who have had a bad run but now enjoying an uptrending market.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqa-HYihaZo

  10. #10
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wandering Free
    Posts
    817

    Smile À la recherche du temps perdu

    I spent 1997-8 in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire and when time allowed traveled around the country using the bus network. Usually I got to sit right up the front of the bus on the grounds that when the police could see foreigners on the bus they would be less likely to pull the bus over.

    At the time this was one of the most popular songs and played frequently on the buses. I soon knew the lyrics by heart (still do) and hearing it again takes me straight back there.

    Ladies & Gentlemen - Cheb Khaled - Aicha:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8be8zBJWDJw

    Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

  11. #11
    The past is practise. Vaygor1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northland
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Ladies & Gentlemen - Cheb Khaled - Aicha:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8be8zBJWDJw
    Tigre de papier.
    Vous apporter de la joie à mon cœur.

  12. #12
    The Wolf of Sharetrader
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    On my Superyacht
    Posts
    1,286

    Default

    If I'm skimming a lazy few percent off a day trade;

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wTP2RUD_cL0

  13. #13
    The Wolf of Sharetrader
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    On my Superyacht
    Posts
    1,286

    Default

    Paper Tiger,

    Did you find Aicha?

    Regards,
    NBT

  14. #14
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wandering Free
    Posts
    817

    Cool réponses / responses

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaygor1 View Post
    Tigre de papier.
    Vous apporter de la joie à mon cœur.
    bien sûr

    Meilleurs Voeux
    Tigre de Papier

    Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Paper Tiger,

    Did you find Aicha?

    Regards,
    NBT
    of course

    Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

  15. #15
    Legend minimoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    If I'm skimming a lazy few percent off a day trade;

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wTP2RUD_cL0
    As an old fullah I have my own classics. (have to say while I have enjoyed most Dire Straits Albums that particular track never rated highly - just a bit better than Dancing by the Pool. And that was total garbage). Ah but I do still have great memories from other tracks!!!

    At an early impressionable age I was introduced to these devils spawn. But I already had my cash generating schemes in play and dreamt of better things when this came out.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0kcet4aPpQ
    Last edited by minimoke; 13-05-2016 at 07:35 PM.

  16. #16
    The Wolf of Sharetrader
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    On my Superyacht
    Posts
    1,286

    Default

    Who could forget this classic

    'lock the taskbar' by The Clash

    https://youtu.be/WEWG6kSYqlY

  17. #17
    Legend minimoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    Time for a bump.

    So on my playlist today was Adele 25. Well, I'm sorry but I dont know what all the fuss is about. By the end of this album if I had a choice between scratching my eyes out and listening to another track I'd now be blind. I just find her voice so tiring and grating.

    Keeping with a numerical theme, onto Bon Ivor 22 a Million. Now thats more like it. Much more interesting. Some great melodies lyrics worth listening to and more than enough to keep me engaged and wanting more.

    I was going to give Leonard Cohen So you Want it Darker a spin, but answering my own question i instead went for Nick Cave and Skeleton Tree. My oh my, its dark. Its a great album, but not one I think I could handle too many repeat plays. I still prefer Push the Sky Away and if I need a laugh theres always Murder Ballard's.

    Needing a bit of a cheer up it was Pet Shop Boys Super. Its OK, I guess but I'm not sure there is anything original in there. I think I might just go back to Cubism - a $2.50 DVD I picked up from the warehouse for a decent back catalogue refresher.

    And to finish the afternoon Sia - This is Acting. Now thats better. So much better than that ghastly Adele. Not a bad "pop" album. I reckon she does a better job of her lyrics than the ones she does for Adele so might be some kind of irony in there.

    And now I'm off to pull out Flaming Lips Yoshemi Battles the Pink Robots. Think it might be a long day!

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    14

    Default

    not a huge Adele fan, find it all a bit overwrought

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckLqfX62u_I

  19. #19
    Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I was going to give Leonard Cohen So you Want it Darker a spin, but answering my own question i instead went for Nick Cave and Skeleton Tree. My oh my, its dark. Its a great album, but not one I think I could handle too many repeat plays. I still prefer Push the Sky Away and if I need a laugh theres always Murder Ballard's.
    Been listening to 'Skeleton Tree' a lot...dark, yes...but beautiful and so, so raw too. 'Darker' is worth the bother - I thought it was the best of his contemporary efforts.

  20. #20
    One Fearsome Feline winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    27,704

    Default

    Pulled out an old R.E.M cd last night - Out of Time still pretty cool
    “What the wise man does in the beginning, the fool does in the end”

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •