sharetrader
Page 52 of 181 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    Great thank you, what software do you use.
    i use a number of software applications but this is of tradingview , not to bad a application and its free for users to sign up.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I started with residential in the early 70s. By mid 80s I was right out of residential* - and into commercial and industrial - never in a big way, as I had no income other than my rental stuff right through. Lots of fun but it meant restricted ability to 'tick everything up to the eyeballs' as they say. It also meant learning how to live on next to nothing for a few years. Very educational. Nowadays as I said I just buy into syndicated props. e.g. Augusta, MacKersy properties etc. and REITs. I don't worry about buying the dips (I should but don't watch them closely enough to spot them), I have nothing overseas. As far as spending dividends go - I have a good surplus which I can't really burn up on travel that I had intended for the next few years, I have no debt to reduce, so I suppose I'll put a bit more into REITs. although I do have a special reason for buying into more syndicates. There's quite a few on offer. I like some of the syndicated offerings, but it's all horses for courses; meaning there's a benfit in the REITs as they are PIES. And the difference in taxation between the pies at 28% is worth having as the new top marginal rate is 39% (thanks Labour) Also, because I'm slack, I like the 'set and forget' nature of PIES - no paperwork at all. But no doubt I'll cling to my guiding adage 'keep stcking up income'
    While I'm burbling away I'll add the special appeal of syndicated properties for me. That is my estate. Like most of us, I have my fair share of dead-beat beneficiaries to whom I would rather leave a proportional title or two, than too many REITs. The syndicated stuff is far less liquid and I would rather leave someone a bit of income than a bunch of shares they can flog off and blow in six months. Your other question - nowaday I only own one commercial building. It's a retail store with a national franchise tenant which is so easy to manage that the only reminder is a healthy pile of money in my account every month.

*I was young and green when I had a few flats and houses. The trick in those days was to find a vendor who was prepared to leave a bit owing on 2cnd or 3rd mtge - then wind a valuer up to a bit more then the purchase price (that was my equity) and bingo - on to the next one. It was fun. But I was too dam soft on tenants and realised commercial stuff is a different game as far as management goes.
    Overall I've done okay out of R.E investing. I have a bit more money than I should ever need, and have avoided the horror of normal employment, having a boss and being told what to do - which never really appealed to me. :-)
    This post allowed to learn a couple of things. I might ask you some questions in the future. Thanks for posting it.

Advanced Member

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...in-sylvia-park

Sylvia Park becoming the go to destination for international brands looking to enter the NZ market:

Streetwear store Culture Kings to make million dollar debut in Sylvia Park

Australian streetwear giant Culture Kings will make its New Zealand debut at Sylvia Park, the second big brand to announce a new store at the Auckland mall.

The retailer, which is looking for in-store DJs as well as retail assistants to staff its new store, launched a local online shopping platform in 2017.

Kiwi Property’s general manager of leasing Aubrey Cheng said landing Culture Kings’ first New Zealand store at Sylvia Park was a huge coup for Kiwi consumers.

“With the streetwear scene becoming increasingly vibrant in New Zealand, the move to bring Culture Kings to Sylvia Park reflects the direction of the market, and allows Kiwis closer access to international brands and trends,” Cheng said.

The Culture Kings shop will be around 1000 square metres, Cheng said.

While Culture Kings did offer some unique product lines, the big drawcard for customers was the experience of the store, he said.

“They will set the new bar in terms of experience for retail.”

Entering a Culture Kings store was like entering a nightclub, which reflected their core customer base, Cheng said.

Bringing in brands like Culture Kings and JD Sports, was part of a broader strategy for Sylvia Park, he said.

“We are targeting unique stores, so people like Zara, Culture Kings and JD Sports,” he said.

“These retailers understand that if you get [the launch] right, it will be absolutely massive.”

Cheng said about 15 per cent of shoppers at Sylvia Park come from around the country.

People came to the city for events and went to Sylvia Park because it was a “one-stop-shop”, he said.

“We are very purposefully looking for those big magnets. It's not just about getting the brand into our mall, it's about getting the biggest store, so it has that compelling, unique draw.”

Culture Kings founder and chief executive Simon Beard said coming to New Zealand was exciting for the brand and had been in the works for quite some time.

“We had offers on places pre-Covid, but we put it all on hold,” he said.

Culture Kings had been looking at sites in the CBD but, post Covid-19, there had been a clear shift away from city centres for shoppers, he said.

Parking also posed a real problem for customers in Auckland’s CBD, making Sylvia Park a better option, Beard said.

The Sylvia Park fit out was the most expensive the company had done and ran into “millions”, he said.

What made Culture Kings different was that it had up to 1000 new product arrivals each week with up to half of those being world exclusives, Beard said.

“We like to say we sit at the intersection of music, sport and fashion.”

Culture Kings had seven stores in Australia.

The new Sylvia Park location was its first bricks and mortar store outside of Australia.
    In February, it was announced that Beard was in talks with Boston-based Summit Partners to sell a half share of the company.

If completed, the deal would value Culture Kings at more than A$600 million (NZ$647m), which would make it the biggest ever private sale in Australia’s retail and apparel sector, according to Australian media reports.

The deal offered the company a door into the United States, Beard said.

Culture Kings Group recorded a A$19.4 million profit for the year ended June 30, 2020.

The Sylvia Park Culture Kings store will open on July 23.

First Retail Group managing director Chris Wilkinson said Culture Kings had a cult following in Australia.

”It is a very immersive experience,” he said.

The stores in Australia included barbers, as well as DJs.

”Having the barbers there mean people go in on a regular and habitual basis but then, when you are in that environment, it's all encompassing. You get wrapped up with the vibe of the store.”

Wilkinson said the decision to bring in Culture Kings by Sylvia Park give the mall an edge. ”The location of Sylvia Park makes it New Zealand’s only real regional shopping centre,” Wilkinson said.

“The connectivity is really important. There is very strong road access from north and south. Then, you have really strong public transport links. It has everything, as a retail destination, that is fit for the future.”
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; 13-05-2021 at 02:16 PM.

why kpg cant back to the pre covid share price 1.5?

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    Good insight fungus. The question is will we consider today's interest rate high in 1, 2 or 5 years time?
    I have heard a theory that the western world are following a path similar to Japan in which case current interest rates might be considered high or normal 2 to 5 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    why kpg cant back to the pre covid share price 1.5?
    Traded at a premium to NTA then.
    Now trading at a discount.

No worries will revert to the mean again one day

Guru

A Buy.

also GMT result out with plenty of balance sheet room for farther development and a pipeline of ever increasing SQ Meters.

This sector providing resilience under pressure from the 10 year.

ARG a BUY.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 13-05-2021 at 10:10 PM.

Looking forward to their results announcement...

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/372327

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by clown View Post
    Looking forward to their results announcement...

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/372327
    No hints this time there was an earlier upgrade

Kiwi Property today advised that Richard Didsbury proposes to resign as a director of the company at its annual shareholder meeting, scheduled to take place on 12 July 2021.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/372492