sharetrader
Page 37 of 181 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    thats only back to 2016..

was looking at 10 years... over 4 stocks.

would have looked at 20 years but global shocks get in the way.

standard deviations looks good there but the wider picture showed me nothing...

the maths people might see something the opposite as in that jpg.

what software did you use to plot the data.
    I used that NPF as it covers most listed property companies.

Thought you were looking at relationship between comm prop and 10 year bond rates..... that seemed to suggest interest rates had a large bearing on the sector share valuations

Interested what your maths guy comes up

Same analysis for KPG over 10 years paints same picture but correlation is a bit weaker

I recently upgraded by abacus to a Texas thingie - not too sure what software is built in ...cool eh
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

i would ignore my suggestions because the reason they give me the reins is because they never know where im taking the tardis next.... they like the random journey...

my take was a decreasing 10 year over 10 years.

2016-2018 US 10 year move up 137 - 304 approx roughly. No downside i can see in the NZ comm props.

your standard deviation probably flattened the data for the entire sector. Meaning higher paying stocks bucked the standard deviation and other factors came into play such as the sector they serviced.. Now they are all getting tared with the same brush.

your data flatten and takes the outliners out of the picture and they are the ones that may move again after the selling stops.

yes texas instruments are the best... very cool.

we wont be able to ask him at the moment as he is tied up deep in code. When that is finished ill probably have to ex fil and take the copter out of here if that goes out for consumption in eruope.

https://www.military.com/video/opera.../1873340343001

in the mean time you will have to rely on the texas superior blazing high speed computer.

.. i prefer a 80286 myself but each to there own..

just too many "threads" to be confused by ....

imagine when 32 cores is common... how many next..

i should probably bail end of summer... nice being here.. fab weather..
    Last edited by Waltzing; 22-02-2021 at 04:56 PM.

Guru

this stock first hit 160 back in 2007 with OCR rates heading north of 7 percent? Amazing to retrace the share price and OCR rates..and of course the 10 year at 6.7

DISC: on and off holders since 2004.

10yr.JPG
    Last edited by Waltzing; 22-02-2021 at 10:06 PM.

Guru

some revaluations on PCT today and income reporting... KPG going to make for some very interesting reading.. order building even with short term (next 12 -24 months) pressure from the bond markets.. these stocks usually break away from the 10 year as there yield increases... 10 year acts a bit like a big gravity pull until a stock breaks free

... have power to make you great

Hi waltzing as you know I was picking 118 low... were 118.5 overnight. They are right now trading at 121 up 2.5 so we might have seen the bottom for now. This time last year KPG was trading at 152.5 and it is a better, stronger company now. Also lower funding costs.

Advanced Member

I think the stock price has been roughly tracking Community case developments over the last few days, but I could be wrong there and seeing patterns in the noise like a crazy person.

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    I think the stock price has been roughly tracking Community case developments over the last few days, but I could be wrong there and seeing patterns in the noise like a crazy person.
    We kiwis are a fickle bunch

Guru

yields comm props are supposed to sell off on 10 year yields according to markets rules.

but we have always made money off them when their yields move higher and there market valuations seem to let them break free of the 10 year.

remember while the reserve banks set the OCR that only a short term money market mover not the longer term 10 to 30 year,

if enough of you believe that VALUE here is cheap then your picks for bottoms will be your bet that 10 year yields arnt strong enough to keep pulling down the price of yield versus value.

DISC: holding and looking to hold more.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 25-02-2021 at 02:35 PM.

Guru

Look like there is selling coming on in the afternoon across some prop stocks today driving down the price.

fed will want to see equity yields keep up with rising bond yields.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 25-02-2021 at 04:10 PM.

Guru

FED might need to buy the long end of the curve and sell the short to control spikes in yields. QE might need to be brought to bear on the US T market if the FED want to keep interest rates low for full employment.