sharetrader
Page 75 of 181 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
    Guru

"One thing I will say is they have absolutely nailed Sylvia Park which was a reasonably sized project.."

if GDP keeps going and agriculture has held up the economy well. High 20's is there in the chart and then its a trade for our transaction engines.

remember that even as a badly run company it hit 1.60 and above before the great pandemic.

stock usually return to there previous highs.

lets see what they do with their next developments before making any decisions.

Last edited by Waltzing; 23-06-2021 at 10:19 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

Cheap for many compelling reasons. I sold out today for just a fraction over break even. (Sorry I won't be attending the annual meeting as I am no longer entitled to as I don't own any shares). Others might like to take them to task over the issues I raised yesterday, (which are so serious I cannot remain a shareholder no matter what their attempted explanations are). There are other far better opportunities on the NZX in my opinion.

Good luck to all holders.
    Thanks for sharing the outcome of your analysis Beagle; I am going to continue to hold.
    1.25% of portfolio; so not going to break the bank either way.
    Have made a diary note to come back to your post in 12 and 18 months and see how we are going.

Questions for the annual meeting.

3. All very well to sell up the dogs in the provinces but management oversaw the decline of those assets, and have clearly made mistakes. Do you take ownership of those mistakes and take learnings from them ?

To a large extent though, property investment is about long term strategic decisions. You buy the right property in the right place and catch the wave. Make the wrong decision and you don't catch the wave. Isn't that what has happened here? And isn't the fact they are refocusing their portfolio evidence that they recognize the mistakes and are acting on those learnings? The company isn't trading on a premium to NTA so there is potentially value there. Isn't the question really: are they making the right strategic choices?
    Last edited by Biscuit; 24-06-2021 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Thanks for sharing the outcome of your analysis Beagle; I am going to continue to hold.
    1.25% of portfolio; so not going to break the bank either way.
    Have made a diary note to come back to your post in 12 and 18 months and see how we are going.
    You're welcome. I thought about halving my stake to 1% but decided it wasn't worth my time when the conviction wasn't there. My assessment is it might do okay in the short term, (close the gap to NTA by a modest amount), but long term...

Where to reallocate the funds is the next question burning away in my mind.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Last edited by Beagle; 24-06-2021 at 09:34 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

In my humble opinion, you could do worse than look at the competition (ARG) currently.

ATM perhaps?

Advanced Member

Yes......that is a burning question for us all....especially with the market so high overall.
    I am telling myself to be patient. But its hard sitting on ones hands when watching for something to but for a few weeks.
    That's how I ended up with a taster of KPG !

Guru

"(ARG) "

yes it was a great defensive stock back in MAY last year....that was the time to load.

now KPG is the range bound trade for years to come... 1.10 to 1.60

trading and investing is a 20 year horizon.

If your sitting on cash take time to get those company accounts out and study what the companies have planned for the next 5 to 10 years.

You have the whole winter to do this.

Look at the Aussi market and hope they have a big lock down and some prices get hit.

NZ could also have a big lock down and you get a quick one day price opportunity..

You will have to wait longer for a big one or just dont sell that wonder stock like SKL.... sadly we sold ... its often the ones you sell that you thought were a good defence buy that surprise you if you wait.

Last edited by Waltzing; 24-06-2021 at 09:55 AM.

I have heard all this negativity about many different stocks here over the years, OCA and SUM spring to mind. I do value the opinions I find here but sometimes it pays to stick with your convictions and maybe you have a different game plan and time frame to others.