sharetrader
Page 76 of 181 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mike2020 View Post
    I have heard all this negativity about many different stocks here over the years, OCA and SUM spring to mind. I do value the opinions I find here but sometimes it pays to stick with your convictions and maybe you have a different game plan and time frame to others.

I think there is also a bit of a misunderstanding about property investing. It is less about management and more about picking the right asset.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    I think there is also a bit of a misunderstanding about property investing. It is less about management and more about picking the right asset.
    Property investing means buying with the view of never selling. Anything else is trading - rather than investing.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Property investing means buying with the view of never selling. Anything else is trading - rather than investing.
    I agree with that. Of course if you find you have the wrong asset in the wrong place you should sell and get the right asset in the right place. Its called "location, location, location" for a reason. not "management, management, management".

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    "(ARG) "

yes it was a great defensive stock back in MAY last year....that was the time to load.

now KPG is the range bound trade for years to come... 1.10 to 1.60

trading and investing is a 20 year horizon.

If your sitting on cash take time to get those company accounts out and study what the companies have planned for the next 5 to 10 years.

You have the whole winter to do this.

Look at the Aussi market and hope they have a big lock down and some prices get hit.

NZ could also have a big lock down and you get a quick one day price opportunity..

You will have to wait longer for a big one or just dont sell that wonder stock like SKL.... sadly we sold ... its often the ones you sell that you thought were a good defence buy that surprise you if you wait.

Chances of another national lockdown, or more than one for Covid is VERY high in my opinion. KPG are front and central to the risks associated with that. On the other hand ARG managed the Covid events of last year very well. (I already have quite a few of them).
    Ripley's believe it or not, I can be a patient puppy
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-06-2021 at 11:44 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Note: Mr B stated that the flow of money from business investors would slowly abate on housing and move to property and that should float all boats on the comp props both stellar performer's and the laggards with good assets and KPG has some very very good assets.

pitty MR B may not be attending the meetings but he may have better things to do. Find another high div stock to add to that overflowing bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Chances of another national lockdown, or more than one for Covid is VERY high in my opinion. KPG are front and central to the risks associated with that. On the other hand ARG managed the Covid events of last year very well. (I already have quite a few of them).
    Not forgetting that the lockdowns themselves resulted in the biggest upswing in retail demand seen in a long while

Delta variant may already have spread in N.Z. so out of an abundance of caution I am taking a very precautionary approach and not attending any annual meetings until the extent of the possible spread is known.
    I ran this decision past a couple of my good mates last night and they thought that was a prudent call.
    That said, I'll be taking a very keen interest in the commentary at the OCA meeting this afternoon and the ARG meeting next Tuesday as these are good prospects for reallocation of property resources in my opinion.
    ARG is very close to NTA and they have a very good track record.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I don’t think the market cares about lockdowns anymore, they know it’s only temporary (eg won’t impact expected 2022 earnings) and vaccinations will eventually make lockdowns redundant before year end (plus with northlands and plaza being sold off, the retail exposure is much less for KPG going forward).

EDIT: partner of the Covid case that visited wellington tests NEGATIVE. Lockdown now seems highly unlikely.
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; 24-06-2021 at 01:17 PM.

I disagree. There was $19.5 million in rent concessions given to tenants last year with Covid impact. Expected dividend of~ 5.3 cents per share, (down 24% from pre-covid level's), is clearly stated as being contingent on no more lockdowns.

Guru

Post removed.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 25-06-2021 at 08:26 PM.