sharetrader
Page 106 of 181 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1809
    ... have power to make you great

Stan and Ollie movie from 2 years ago was a good one,

Does KPG want to stay a teenie-bopper all of its life, the price cannot get into the twenties. That is fine with me it is only paper gains unless of course I am forced to sell to fund other shares or a "new deck"

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Last time I went to a big mall was to collect something I ordered online pay-and-collect. The item had to be shipped from another location, as the shop closest to me did not stock it. For my trouble my car received a ding in the car park. So next time it will definitiely be an online courier delivery and no visit to the mall.
    There's always been a price to pay for such dangerous living as going to a shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Yes fully agree with that Commercial rents were excluded from claiming but now they should be entitled to Resurgence payment / Wage subsidies. But who would know whether they would include Commercial rentals after all they are running a business trying to get by like any other. Why should Government get involved when it should be up to individual situation to sort after all some tenants are doing nicely at the moment and not disputing that a lot aren’t.
    To me it seems the operation of a commercial property(s) is a legitimate commercial business so if turnover has dropped by more than 30% my read on it is that commercial property landlords should be able to claim the resurgence support and the wage subsidy for employees if the turnover is down by more than 40%. (This should not be misconstrued as professional advice, people should consult their own advisor to double check, no liability is accepted for anyone who acts on this post).

KPG down today is not a surprise. I think its now crystal clear Auckland will be in lockdown level 3 or worse for quite some time to come so the impact on KPG in FY22 in tandem with forced Govt intervention regarding rent concessions will be far worse than FY21. Basically property owners are wide open to left leaning political intervention which may not end where it currently lies which makes it a very tough sector going forward.

I can foresee the Govt mandating zero rent for hospitality business's in lockdown as a possible next move as the screams for help from the hospitality sector get ever more repetitive and shrill.

SP action could get pretty interesting if we go back into lockdown level 4.
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-09-2021 at 06:15 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    To me it seems the operation of a commercial property(s) is a legitimate commercial business so if turnover has dropped by more than 30% my read on it is that commercial property landlords should be able to claim the resurgence support and the wage subsidy for employees if the turnover is down by more than 40%. (This should not be misconstrued as professional advice, people should consult their own advisor to double check, no liability is accepted for anyone who acts on this post).

KPG down today is not a surprise. I think its now crystal clear Auckland will be in lockdown level 3 or worse for quite some time to come so the impact on KPG in FY22 in tandem with forced Govt intervention regarding rent concessions will be far worse than FY21. Basically property owners are wide open to left leaning political intervention which may not end where it currently lies which makes it a very tough sector going forward.

I can foresee the Govt mandating zero rent for hospitality business's in lockdown as a possible next move as the screams for help from the hospitality sector get ever more repetitive and shrill.

SP action could get pretty interesting if we go back into lockdown level 4.
    Thanks Beagle / Agree should be the case .
    On Government site / Resurgence payment / Eligibility Income that is received passively - such as interest and all dividends, and all forms of residential and commercial rent is excluded.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Thanks Beagle / Agree should be the case .
    On Government site / Resurgence payment / Eligibility Income that is received passively - such as interest and all dividends, and all forms of residential and commercial rent is excluded.
    Thanks Beau appreciate you looking into that, must admit nobody has asked me that question before. Seems odd that someone / (a company like KPG) running a bunch of commercial properties with all the work that entails, (I presume all the well paid executives of KPG do actual work), is not considered to be in business but charities are eligible...go figure, that seems bizarre ? https://www.ird.govt.nz/covid-19/bus...nt/eligibility

Yet another example of the Govt's bias against property owners ?...you folks be the judge.
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-09-2021 at 07:57 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

"SP action could get pretty interesting if we go back into lockdown level 4."
    And not only the sp action ... the public see these lockdowns are the result of govt screw ups, them not being prepared. Remember the catch cry "short and sharp" 5 day lockdown

At a stroke of a pen this government has overturned what was a legally binding agreement. We should all be worried .. what’s next. Can’t see any chance of Auckland going back to level 4 this time as this would not go down well and would be an admission that Auckland perhaps should of stayed in level 4 a bit longer in the first place. After all the gangs are out selling to customers currently, not so easy under level 4.

Guru

" Govt's bias against property owners"

Its an evil... ownership...private enterprise...
    Last edited by Waltzing; 30-09-2021 at 02:41 PM.

Advanced Member

Good news for retail stocks: government says Auckland could drop to level 2, but with the border control around Auckland remaining in place. I think this signals an intent to drop to level 2 soon, but in a way that keeps Covid ringfenced to just Auckland (and so doesn’t create the impression that they are endangering rest of country by letting Auckland exit level 3 lockdown)

I would guess Oct 11th 11.59pm will be end of level 3.
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; 30-09-2021 at 03:43 PM.