sharetrader
Page 35 of 181 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Scrunch did you not receive the KPG div in early December?
    Getting forgetful. Yes and a nice fully imputed dividend of 2.2c it was too.

Guru

You do not need to include PIE income, no matter where it comes from, on your tax return. You can however declare any part that is imputed and and/or had RWT deducted if your marginal rate is below 28c so you can get a refund on the extra tax paid. This is written on the PIE payment statement.

As explained by Southern Lad in post 331.
    You do need to include PIE income and PIE tax in your return if you have had too low a PIR applied (you need to check the income and PIE income levels for several years to find out the appropriate PIR rates.) If you have had PIE tax deducted at too high a rate you do not get a refund as far as I am aware. Definitely DYOR.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 20-02-2021 at 03:32 PM.

Bjauck, that’s the position for multi rate PIE’s such as KiwiSaver funds. The rules for listed PIE’s are different because shareholders don’t use a prescribed investor rate (PIR). With listed PIE’s it’s a case of distributions being imputed at 28% to extent the entity has imputation credits available. This is the same for all shareholders. Distributions that aren’t imputed aren’t taxable to shareholders.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    You do need to include PIE income and PIE tax in your return if you have had too low a PIR applied (you need to check the income and PIE income levels for several years to find out the appropriate PIR rates.) If you have had PIE tax deducted at too high a rate you do not get a refund as far as I am aware. Definitely DYOR.
    The assumption was that you had selected the correct PIR but as Southern Lad states no PIR nominated for PIE companies.
    Last edited by 777; 20-02-2021 at 05:21 PM.

Guru

The assumption was that you had selected the correct PIR but as Southern Lad states no PIR nominated for PIE companies.
    Fair enough. I was confused by your wording relating to PIE income from all sources and your reference to RWT.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Fair enough. I was confused by your wording relating to PIE income from all sources and your reference to RWT.
    Sorry for the confusion.

Guru

a study of the ten year in relation to commercial property stock prices doesnt actually seem to be 1:1 at all over a 5 year period. And even over 12 months has no relationship we can find.

Im not the math guy on the team just the overview person. But our math tech guy in zoom on friday doesnt see it either.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 21-02-2021 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    a study of the ten year in relation to commercial property stock prices doesnt actually seem to be 1:1 at all over a 5 year period. And even over 12 months has no relationship we can find.

Im not the math guy on the team just the overview person. But our math tech guy in zoom on friday doesnt see it either.
    5 year relationship still looking good even though gone a bit wonky last 12 months but then most things have gone wonky lately eh
    Last edited by winner69; 21-02-2021 at 10:32 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I'd say at this moment, this is the best value on the nzx I can find.

Solid dividend play I think, not sure why the market hasn't picked up on the guidance on the dividend but I'm confident that they can pay that this year. I suspect a valuation back up in a massive way in March, the valuations happened in the past year in the peak of the covid angst as we went into Level 4 lockdown, and then again in August when the September valuation happened.

I think a fair value closer to $1.50 is more appropriate for this one. Perhaps they just need to show proof of it through a uplift in valuations and payment of the dividends they have guided for. I'd like to see a plan on the Drury site because this one could be a wildcard to unlock future growth.

Disc: Bought in again at $1.21 on Friday, adding to my position built last year.

Guru

certainly a lot of interesting and wide ranging views on this stock.

I just had note overnight from our maths man and he says he thinks the market has it wrong to related government US bond rates to AUS/NZ listed public commercial property stocks that arnt tourism and food related..

industrial commercial is his favourite european market portfolio and sees the same for NZ servicing it agri sector industrial hubs such as auckland supplying the upper north island.