sharetrader
Page 78 of 183 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I wonder where Steven Penny fits on the remuneration report pg 80 of the annual report. I am guessing over $500,000 annual salary. A $23,350 investment isn't exactly showing much faith in the company. A bit over two weeks wages from KPG. He is doing well out of the company, but not through his shareholding.
    He just started in Q1, give him a chance.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    The sad fact is that the only area of strong year on year growth I identified in my 5 year long term historical analysis of KPG is in the area of wages and salaries. If any other area of their business was matching this strong and consistent cost growth such as top line growth or earnings per share it wouldn't be such a problem, but it really is and speaks to a culture of insensitivity to shareholders where staff come first. I agree that the sort of share investment we are talking about here is pathetic compared to what these sort of senior executives are sucking out of the company.

On another subject...interesting comment from ARG in their annual meeting earlier this week. Retail generally is going backwards.

Anecdotally on a trip into New market Auckland today I was profoundly shocked by the huge number of vacancies on the main road. In general chit chat with the manager of TSB in Newmarket she told me that the massive huge mall in Newmarket is really struggling to find tenants with the bottom floor still almost entirely vacant and many of the new tenants that had gone in there when this new mall came to market just before Covid broke had gone bankrupt. (Not a KPG mall but interesting anecdotal evidence of how tough parts of the retail market are).
    pretty weird, retail is absolutely booming at the moment, and Sylvia park is at 100% occupancy. But maybe it’s a case of the premier locations attracting the best stores and the customers follow.

Guru

"But maybe it’s a case of the premier locations attracting the best stores and the customers follow."

plenty of empty shops in the side streets of hamilton.

plenty of over 60's attending the french film festival at the lido hamilton...

image if this is the last generation to whatch european films, listen to orchestras and attend live theatre.

Guru

"But maybe it’s a case of the premier locations attracting the best stores and the customers follow."

image if this is the last generation to whatch european films, listen to orchestras and attend live theatre.

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post

Funny because the Why-cuto (Waikato) was just announced as the hottest region nationally off the back of ag and construction

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    pretty weird, retail is absolutely booming at the moment, and Sylvia park is at 100% occupancy. But maybe it’s a case of the premier locations attracting the best stores and the customers follow.

Simple formula in my mind, provide parking and they will come, and by parking I mean easy access, free, and uncomplicated

Guru

"Why-cuto (Waikato)"

think the malls have sucked up the best of the best , the empty shops are mostly small ones. Munns clothing being one of the bigger ones.

Other than that traffic is as busy as ever and think city parking is free for the first 2 hours.

Big ring roads under development for hamilton opening up the region to much faster transit by the end of 2022.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 02-07-2021 at 08:27 AM.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    "

<snip>

Big ring roads under development for hamilton opening up the region to much faster transit by the end of 2022.
    Will they make it easier to get into Hamilton or easier to avoid Hamilton?

Double post....
    Last edited by BigBob; 02-07-2021 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Sort it out Vince...