sharetrader
Page 4 of 181 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Bracing for a lot of tenants to have to stop or defer paying rents.
    I read on msn an article that rent will just be demanded. No rent reprieve. I can’t find the article but I was surprised

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/business/2020/04/05/1115485/pay-up-mega-shopping-mall-landlord-warns-tenants

Found it
    Last edited by Ggcc; 06-04-2020 at 10:35 AM.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/351878

Minus 8.5% reduction in valuation due to cover-a9 impact.

Just the start - there will be more as tenants hit the wall and already, many are banding together and refusing to pay rent.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...aid-their-rent

Two thirds of retailers have not paid their rent this month, and almost half of commercial rents overall are still due, says a property software firm.

Advanced Member

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/351878

Minus 8.5% reduction in valuation due to cover-a9 impact.

Just the start - there will be more as tenants hit the wall and already, many are banding together and refusing to pay rent.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...aid-their-rent

Two thirds of retailers have not paid their rent this month, and almost half of commercial rents overall are still due, says a property software firm.
    It does make me think how many business owners live week to week. I just don’t understand that they did not have enough to pay this months rent. Ok next month is another story, but this month??? I do feel that where possible landlords should provide rent relief, but you can’t expect it as a business owner. I paid my monthly rent in advance as a tenant, not with kiwi Property. We are trying to get some reprieve for next month, but if it can’t be done we will need to pay that as well. Luckily we don’t spend all off the businesses income and plan for the what if scenario.

Banned

Crying poor....the business owners enjoying their profit from business...buying houses, driving new cars... buy toys etc....did government or landlords say anything? As business owners...they need to prepare the rainy days.

I think all property stocks represent a great buy value...for long term. Where interest is super low.... assests will go up higher.

U will never buy KPG under NTA value ever in the last 10 years...

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    It does make me think how many business owners live week to week. I just don’t understand that they did not have enough to pay this months rent.
    Then you don't understand the true purpose of an overdraft which is not simply a loan - as many think.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Then you don't understand the true purpose of an overdraft which is not simply a loan - as many think.
    My accountant has spoken to me about this and I am aware.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Crying poor....the business owners enjoying their profit from business...buying houses, driving new cars... buy toys etc....did government or landlords say anything? As business owners...they need to prepare the rainy days.

I think all property stocks represent a great buy value...for long term. Where interest is super low.... assests will go up higher.

U will never buy KPG under NTA value ever in the last 10 years...
    Agree - approx. 20% discount on Fridays close, APL 30% discount

It does make me think how many business owners live week to week. I just don’t understand that they did not have enough to pay this months rent. Ok next month is another story, but this month??? I do feel that where possible landlords should provide rent relief, but you can’t expect it as a business owner. I paid my monthly rent in advance as a tenant, not with kiwi Property. We are trying to get some reprieve for next month, but if it can’t be done we will need to pay that as well. Luckily we don’t spend all off the businesses income and plan for the what if scenario.
    I can tell you that the letter sent by KPT rubbed all the retailers up the wrong way.

The tenants thought that KPT would, under the circumstances, offer to work with them in a co-ordinated approach with the government.

Instead, KPT basically told them that it's not KPT's problem!

Well, it has become a big problem now for KPT because the tenants have banded together and they are all refusing to pay rent. A top notch lawyer is advising them and KPT & other shopping mall operators are going to have a big fight on their hands.

And we know where the public and government's sympathy will be with.
    Last edited by Balance; 20-04-2020 at 08:43 AM.

Legend

My accountant has spoken to me about this and I am aware.
    So you must realise business economics are far from grabbing a bunch of dollars out of the till and paying the bills every month. It simply doesn't work that way - particularly with seasonal businesses.

Advanced Member

I can tell you that the letter sent by KPT rubbed all the retailers up the wrong way.

The tenants thought that KPT would, under the circumstances, offer to work with them in a co-ordinated approach with the government.

Instead, KPT basically told them that it's not KPT's problem!

Well, it has become a big problem now for KPT because the tenants have banded together and they are all refusing to pay rent.
    Yes their letter was worded wrong. Heartless is some way. I will not invest in Kiwi Property from that letter to tenants alone.

My statement was that 2/3 of all tenants in nz not paying rent part. Rent reprieve is not a given.

If I was a shareholder I would not worried if the company negotiated a better outcome.