sharetrader
Page 7 of 181 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

SP was hovering around 1.02 and 1.03 for two days in a row and suddenly finished at 1.08 on Friday. You got to wonder....

NZX50 Index rebalancing on Friday at close of business.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Observations from visiting Northlands Mall last week.[from memory so may not be exact]
    Three large empty stores.
    Four small empty stores.
    Standard of tenants weaker.So many stores did not appear to have a viable business.A lot did not have the stock required to do a good turnover.
    Shoe stores are not a good sector yet there were about four sport shoe retailers and possibly three or four standard shoe retailers.
    Hairdressers.Two or three.Massage two,or three..Hair removal one or two.Nails etc two or three. ie over 10 in one sector.?
    Foodcourt.McDonalds as usual were the only ones busy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    NZX50 Index rebalancing on Friday at close of business.
    Ah that explains it, thanks

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Observations from visiting Northlands Mall last week.[from memory so may not be exact]
    Three large empty stores.
    Four small empty stores.
    Standard of tenants weaker.So many stores did not appear to have a viable business.A lot did not have the stock required to do a good turnover.
    Shoe stores are not a good sector yet there were about four sport shoe retailers and possibly three or four standard shoe retailers.
    Hairdressers.Two or three.Massage two,or three..Hair removal one or two.Nails etc two or three. ie over 10 in one sector.?
    Foodcourt.McDonalds as usual were the only ones busy.
    I don’t know when you went, but last weekend Northlands was like the week before Xmas - absolutely packed with shoppers.

Advanced Member

I was surprised there wasn’t more of a lift in KPG today given that very good news PR release.

I see KPG has said they will resume dividends later in the year as mall visitor numbers are above pre-lockdown numbers (only 1%) already. Whoever said who would want to go back to shopping in malls anytime soon didn't count on human nature and not changing old habits. I'm not a mall shopper generally, but a lot of people seem to want to spend all weekend in them.......

....given the weather and lack of social contact for a couple of months, not surprising visitor numbers are up. but, is the spending also up? how many tenants are trading at pre-lockdown levels?

Disc: hold none

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Grimy View Post
    I see KPG has said they will resume dividends later in the year as mall visitor numbers are above pre-lockdown numbers (only 1%) already. Whoever said who would want to go back to shopping in malls anytime soon didn't count on human nature and not changing old habits. I'm not a mall shopper generally, but a lot of people seem to want to spend all weekend in them.......
    Humans are social creatures. We like to browse, see other people, meet up with friends to eat, hang out, play games and chatter. Skype, Zoom and online shopping cannot replace all of that *. Even teenagers like to meet up at the malls!

*yet. Who knows where technology will lead. How immersive will Zoom and the online shopping experience become in the years to come.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 23-06-2020 at 07:14 AM.

Advanced Member

After yesterdays virtual AGM, I am quite confident that KPG will be paying a $90-$100 million Dividend following the current financial year, which would represent 90-100% of AFFO (which is there stated dividend payout amount).

That $90-$100 million dividend would be a 5.75%-6.5% dividend yield based on todays share price.

I also think we are likely to see a revaluation higher of the asset base, given that the last revaluation lower was at the worse possible time (March, right before entering lockdown). Current visitor numbers to KPG shopping centres are up 1% on a year ago, with some properties like Sylvia up “double digit” percentages. Wouldn’t surprise me to see the asset backing per share increase back towards $1.50 per share over the next 12 months.

Banned

I have been observing the mall in the last couple weeks. ..even last two weeks...the weather was so bad..but mall was packed.

I agree human is a social creature....like meeting up....