sharetrader
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: speirs group

Default speirs group

It would appear to me that it will be a for gone conclusion that Speirs lists on the Unlisted market.
    The Speirs board have come out in favour of delisting from the NZAX so Unlisted here we come.
    I am still trying to think of any benefits for the ordinary shareholder with this move,however I pray that they are substantial.(a lot of prayers needed me thinks).
    I recall many years ago reading an article in the Herald by Brian Gaynor,when Cynotec delisted.If I recall correctly Gaynor labelled it as a disaster for ordinary shareholders.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by beetills View Post
    It would appear to me that it will be a for gone conclusion that Speirs lists on the Unlisted market.
    The Speirs board have come out in favour of delisting from the NZAX so Unlisted here we come.
    I am still trying to think of any benefits for the ordinary shareholder with this move,however I pray that they are substantial.(a lot of prayers needed me thinks).
    I recall many years ago reading an article in the Herald by Brian Gaynor,when Cynotec delisted.If I recall correctly Gaynor labelled it as a disaster for ordinary shareholders.
    One benefit might not be having to pay large listing fees and possibly less compliance fees.
    Obviously pros and cons with both , but some may see this as a benefit ......

Should shareholders expect aa annual report this year as all their earnings for 30/06/16 occurred when listed on the NZAX.?

Annual report out today.Normal blah blah about building shareholder value blah blah.

Will there ever be a time when weather or market conditions don't affect SGLs profit?
    Every report is a copy of the previous one.

Delay in releasing results as a company that they own 3% of sweet FA is having problems getting their act together due to restructuring.
    How about just a little hint of how your other companies performed.

Another disappointing result along with the usual excuses.Methinks it's time they put themselves on the market and let somebody else have a go.

Speirs have sold their 40% shareholding in Rosa Foods.
    Now i hope somebody wants to buy them.

33% of Speirs operating business has been sold to its General Manager.According to the news release its a win win situation for both parties.
    Lets hope it s a win win for the long suffering shareholders.

Another YAWN.