sharetrader
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    IMO

Don't be stingy fp buy the NBR

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Don't be stingy fp buy the NBR

Broke - penniless - destitue :-(

Craigs have been a vocal critic of externally managed LPTs and in the past have termed the arrangement "outdated". It is ironic that they are the co-managers of this IPO. I suppose they can't let go this money-making opportunity.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Broke - penniless - destitute (sp fixed):-(
    Thats not a good promotion of prop stocks fp. You're 100%? in prop stocks, getting extra juicy divs from holding longterm,what yields are you on out of interest btw?.
    Go on buy a sub to NBR,Hot Cars, Foodies Bible ,and The Greenland Ice Sheet Melting Will Raise Sea Levels By 7 Metres!

Yeah RRR aint that the truth; conflicts of interest, bias, never let the truth get in the way of a good story; a real estate agent in your ear when you hesitate;stop bidding ;at a live auction, money talks; goes around, corruption is the norm. Farmers sales are actually at recommended retail prices etc etc,what a wonderful world

Louis Armstrong - What A Wonderful World - YouTube
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 18-06-2016 at 11:29 AM.

There is some discussion on nbr radio
    Listen to Hunter’s Corner: Stride forgets its history with flawed offer by NBR Radio #np on #SoundCloud
    https://soundcloud.com/nbr-radio/hun...h-flawed-offer
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Legend

I think they can extract more fees this way .Im also looking at it as a new investor in Investore i don't hold Stride.
    The way it looks to me, it would be better to buy stride and forget investore.

I shall stay well clear of both these LPTs. This sort of arrangement is perfectly legal (buyers beware) but it gives you a hint about the management. There are other better opportunities in the LPT space where investor and management interests are aligned and where investors don't feel ripped off.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR View Post
    I shall stay well clear of both these LPTs. This sort of arrangement is perfectly legal (buyers beware) but it gives you a hint about the management. There are other better opportunities in the LPT space where investor and management interests are aligned and where investors don't feel ripped off.
    Well put RRR - in my eyes this deal looks more structured to maximise fees rather than shareholder returns.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by axe View Post
    Well put RRR - in my eyes this deal looks more structured to maximise fees rather than shareholder returns.
    But the fees go to stride which will benefit the stride shareholders at the detriment of investore. Stride is internally managed so don't pay fees to any manager. I can't get my head around why they are doing this.

Legend

Thats not a good promotion of prop stocks fp. You're 100%? in prop stocks, getting extra juicy divs from holding longterm,what yields are you on out of interest btw?.
    An investment of just under 1 mill gives me an annual return of 64k which is equivalent to 96k taxable as I am a 33% marginal taxpayer, so a nit's-nat under 10%. Current value is 1,270,000 so a lower return on current value. I'll take your comments aboard and start saving for a copy of the NBR.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 18-06-2016 at 07:04 PM.