sharetrader
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Not the most popular stock. But its looking like good value right now. Anyone elses thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by errornz View Post
    Not the most popular stock. But its looking like good value right now. Anyone elses thoughts?
    I have just read their financial statements. Revenue has been declining year-by-year over the last five years, so as profit. If the company didn't do some radical changes, they would not be going to survive.

Sunset industry and this company still with too much debt. Value trap in my opinion. Looks cheap and is, but for profoundly good reasons and likely to remain so for the foreseeable future. Only one analyst covers it and reckons its worth 50 cents https://www.marketscreener.com/NZME-...64/financials/
    From a technical perspective the chart looks ugly and says stay away which is what I am doing. My 2 cents.
    Shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic, opps sorry NZME deck https://www.msn.com/en-nz/money/busi...cid=spartandhp
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-10-2019 at 06:08 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

herald owner really desperate to get stuff now

NZME requests urgent Government action

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/352929

herald crap now and you have to pay for that crap , be even worse without competition
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    herald owner really desperate to get stuff now

NZME requests urgent Government action

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/352929

herald crap now and you have to pay for that crap , be even worse without competition
    Not asking for government money to pay the $1 acquisition cost

But they both got heaps recently
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

NZME seeks interim injunction against Stuff-owner Nine Entertainment

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12332024

desparate herald , they must think stuff news is good. i do

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    NZME seeks interim injunction against Stuff-owner Nine Entertainment

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12332024

desparate herald , they must think stuff news is good. i do
    I don't.

Regardless, very strange behaviour from NZME. Nine say they never agreed to a $1 takeover, and don't intend to shut it down. And apparently want nothing further to do with NZME.

Legend

Regardless of what they say, Stuff remaining separately owned & not part of NZME is best in competitive markets
    and also for readers, advertisers & community at large.

The media have only themselves to blame for the way they are perceived, or recent declining performances

News & Article quality & content has been declining over past 20 years to shadow of it's former self with many papers etc

NZME papers are the worst culprits in this decline. Paywalls serve on P**** off many readers
    I'm sick & tired of seeing great bulk of worthwhile interest articles on NZH & other NZME sites hidden behind paywalls.

That straight away sends many off to Stuff, the Aussie sites, Reuters, CNN or elsewhere

Stuff's Sunday Star is very good reading & I would be disappointed to see Stuff become part of the NZME run down poorly performing Stable

The independent smaller media companies by and large are producing far better content etc than the big two incumbents in the market (although there aren't many of these)
    Last edited by nztx; 15-05-2020 at 03:36 PM.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Regardless of what they say, Stuff remaining separately owned & not part of NZME is best in competitive markets
    and also for readers, advertisers & community at large.

The media have only themselves to blame for the way they are perceived

News & Article quality & content has been declining over past 20 years to shadow of it's former self with many papers etc

NZME papers are the worst culprits in this decline. Paywalls serve on P**** off many readers

Stuff's Sunday Star is very good reading & I would be disappointed to see Stuff become part of the NZME run down poorly performing Stable

The independent smaller media companies by and large are producing far better content etc than the big two incumbents in the market (although there aren't many of these)
    +1 for that, couldn't agree more. Most of NZH articles are simply click bait and every bit of new info is breaking news.

just tried to listen to grant robinson on herald website didnt even work. crap arse site and . why do i have to wait to read a story to 9 am sometimes on the weekend tell your journalists to get out of bed earlier to get the news up esp in the business section in the morning slack