sharetrader
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Regardless of what they say, Stuff remaining separately owned & not part of NZME is best in competitive markets
    and also for readers, advertisers & community at large.

The media have only themselves to blame for the way they are perceived, or recent declining performances

News & Article quality & content has been declining over past 20 years to shadow of it's former self with many papers etc

NZME papers are the worst culprits in this decline. Paywalls serve on P**** off many readers
    I'm sick & tired of seeing great bulk of worthwhile interest articles on NZH & other NZME sites hidden behind paywalls.

That straight away sends many off to Stuff, the Aussie sites, Reuters, CNN or elsewhere

Stuff's Sunday Star is very good reading & I would be disappointed to see Stuff become part of the NZME run down poorly performing Stable

The independent smaller media companies by and large are producing far better content etc than the big two incumbents in the market (although there aren't many of these)
    I was shocked at the standard of questioning at the Jacinda / Ashley press conferences. Just appalling, I wanted to shake them.
    And then they have their hand out looking to Government to restructure their sector. Hardly worth it. Was interested to see the self interest / preservation when those discussions surfaced early on.

amazing this stock owner of the crap herald where they sleep in on the weekends is up 65% in a week lol
    one step ahead of the herd

sometime lovely how these mutts pay well

Was not expecting a huge sp move today, thought the announcement today was just OK

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JSwan View Post
    Was not expecting a huge sp move today, thought the announcement today was just OK
    Agreed .. didn't see too much really floor shakingly exciting in the announcement.. but it may be better than many were expecting

No Cap Raise just yet -- online seems to be gaining - to be expected in current times

Obviously reserved cash from depreciation & other non cash adjustments is being applied to debt paydown

Past that, there is stuff all residual profit even now to do it further

Online premium version of NZH is I note free bonus offering in places, where some still have subs to the printed regionals

How far off until they pay a Div again ? 2026 or 2056 .. ?

As for SP rise .. after the BGI ongoing saga, nothing would surprise

The Aussie Fund managers have an ongoing interest in NZME & reside on the Registry

But for the bouncey bouncey they may have feared upon wearing a large briefcase of Red Ink
    as interest in NZME fell back previously..

Plenty of dough & spare time out there in places .. concentration of a crowd out there could do similar almost anywhere
    & just as rapidly evaporate as well .. on small volumes with circa 196.5 mil shares on issue, volatility doesn't surprise

Investors / traders could have done very well riding out the lows & highs with NZME over past months

Pretty much crucified any red ink out of past NZME forays in more recent months .. thank you very NZ for ME muchly

May be back for more NZ for ME for another ride to see where things go, even if I find the now Un-Stuffed News
    far more friendly now..
    Last edited by nztx; 25-08-2020 at 07:57 PM. Reason: add more

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post

Investors / traders could have done very well riding out the lows & highs with NZME over past months
    yea good technicals on this for trading triple bottom around 20c led to the first spike in june ( which i was crowing about lol ) and then a basing rounding around mid 20c range last mth led to people thinking a lower low might happen. hence the big spike yesterday of the slight rise from the base. might even get a bit more today finishing on the highs?

got our good open lets see how it plays out

nearly doubled in price since my last update and the momentum continues lol funny as a think the herald sucks but who cares as long as the price goes up

Momentum builds as NZME releases three-year strategy

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/363265

Legend

How much of the bounce & turnaround in NZME fortunes is a one off post Covid-19 bounce alone
    & possibly not an ongoing growth in activity into the future periods on a consistent upwards basis ?

We know that with reopening from Covid-19 lock down there must be a bounce ; however
    does anyone see this continuing ongoing ?

Surely there must be limits on Business available readies to throw at Media promotions
    and at some stage this eases off ?

Sorry to P*** on NZME's thunder .. but really - straight out of Lockdowns and suddenly
    NZME come out with everything glowing & growing on a three year plan ahead ?

What has really changed ar NZME aside from the inhouse Company bods suddenly seeing &
    dreaming of grasping for distant glowing stars ?

Discl: Holder
    Last edited by nztx; 16-11-2020 at 06:38 PM. Reason: add more

Noticed over last few month or so they’ve been hiring web and software developers and have changed their frameworks to much better ones, they’ve never really actually hired developers before only contracted out
    Last edited by James564; 16-11-2020 at 07:27 PM.