sharetrader
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

There's easier places to make a buck that's for sure !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Solid up day today ...even though a disaster of a day on the bourse

That Allan Gray seems to have sold another big chunk.

Is it all onwards and upwards from here
    Last edited by winner69; 06-09-2018 at 05:45 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Solid up day today ...even though a disaster of a day on the bourse

That Allan Gray seems to have sold another big chunk.

Is it all onwards and upwards from here

Watchout for the underlying business Winner. i work at one of NZME’s competitors and their business has comparable headwinds to the tailwinds the retirement sector enjoys.

Their paper division is very very heavily weighted towards the older generations and all the time they are passing on or getting cataracts or going blind and cancelling. Younger generations generally will not pay for news papers online or in print.

NZME are "very keen" to try and stem the tide with their flagship paper the NZ Herald. So keen they offered me a $100 petrol voucher to take a 13 week subscription at $7 a week. These figures are not typo's. That's right, they paid me $9 to have 13 weeks of the N.Z. Herald "delivered" earlier this year.
    "Delivered" is wrapped in plastic and thrown on my driveway and over winter resulted in probably something like 25% of papers effectively being wet, which went straight into the recycling as I couldn't be bothered wasting my time phoning up to get another rag delivered.

Anything that's worthwhile reading is already online and is more environmentally efficient. Until they stop giving that away for free on their website I cannot see any compelling reason to get the Herald delivered unless you like reading all the advertisements. As you suggest PP, I think its mainly older people that still get the Herald delivered.
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-09-2018 at 08:35 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/bay-of-pl...ectid=12120301

Wow. Fantastic stuff. Look how great this is.

Massive numbers, year on year increases, huge growth, best selling... never mind EPS and stuff

No wonder the share price is soaring ahead today, over $1 in no time, in fact probably knocking on that dog ARV's door soon no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/bay-of-pl...ectid=12120301

Wow. Fantastic stuff. Look how great this is.

Massive numbers, year on year increases, huge growth, best selling... never mind EPS and stuff

No wonder the share price is soaring ahead today, over $1 in no time, in fact probably knocking on that dog ARV's door soon no doubt.
    Its funny they don't tell you how many thousands of $100 fuel vouchers they've had to give away to "buy" that growth lol

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Interesting.
    thanks for the link.

A different perspective.
    Interesting take. I am not so convinced.
    We have seen a number of attempts to take on TradeMe come and go.
    Maybe they will have the financial wherewithall to run at a loss long enough to reach critical traffic mass, but it is a long road and looking at the jobs website I can't say I was overly impressed.
    Time will tell.

Why take the hard road of uncertainty when theres easy wins and low hanging fruit?