sharetrader
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    www.stuff.co.nz is a complete waste of time.Scales recently held their agm in Christchurch.Was not reported in The Press.
    The Press business section is more a lifestyle couple of pages.Very poor articles.
    As a serious investor I would not pay to read business content.
    I cancelled The Sunday Star Times as it is now hopeless.When they had Tim Hunter [now NBR] you got the odd decent article.
    The NZ Herald has some good articles,however I would again not pay to read them.
    I used to read The Australian until they put up a pay wall.Have not missed it.
    Don't know who owns it but www.scoop.co.nz have reliable up to date business news.
    Any way as an investor I am best reading company announcements,which are available via www.nzx.co.nz.
    As for ever wanting to listen to Paul Henry or Mike Hosking, the answer is never.
    Agreed stuff business is a waste of time. NZherald Business and Liam Dann are better but they have been going backwards too. Which is my point, both media groups need to do something.

NZX announcements provide no insight into the issues companies are facing or oversight of the games companies play. Maybe best just to subscribe to Intelligent Investor?

I would ditch the stuff brand which is looking tired and the name is a bit 90s and transfer The Press, Dominion Post and Sunday Star Times content to NZHerald.co.nz.

Scoop just republishes NZ press releases with the odd opinion column mixed in. Lets hope that isn't NZME's future content strategy too!

Banned

I did heaps of reading and comparison last week and decided to jump on board couple days a go before the SP spiked. Good decision made by my wife...looking forward for their report this august.

Banned

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/242332.pdf

Decreasing revenue....as I suspected TJ...lucky I got out at 94c.....thanks to convenience me to sell TJ!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post

Decreasing revenue....as I suspected TJ...lucky I got out at 94c.....thanks to convenience me to sell TJ!
    Yes, I am not to sure long term this is the best investment opportunity... Heartland on the other hand

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Yes, I am not to sure long term this is the best investment opportunity... Heartland on the other hand
    Word is they'll run all the papers under the Herald banner, with a couple of pages of local news. Who's going to buy this? There loyal audience is of aging readers - who will be further alienated by this move.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post

Certainly not a bad thing to get out at 94 cents at all after today!

After today's material announcement, and lack of reaction on here to it, it really looks like not 1 single person on this thread owns any NZME... just as well (in my view)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Certainly not a bad thing to get out at 94 cents at all after today!

After today's material announcement, and lack of reaction on here to it, it really looks like not 1 single person on this thread owns any NZME... just as well (in my view)
    yes..TJ..it was a quick profit 20%gain...

Hunting for Heuristic trends

So.. whats the current thinking on NZME.

Investor

https://nzx.com/companies/NZM/announcements/300555

There we've it, the decision is NO to merger.