sharetrader
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Property Shares

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    Thanks for the update on VHP. Still looks ok, just an annoyance. Though personally I now use retirement villages as my property play. No PIE, but better returns in growth. Obviously lots of exposure to govt policy risk.
    Few months ago Ms Martin (Minister for Seniors) in a speech mentioned the possibility of requiring (aka forcing) retirement villages to include affordable units. Whatever affordable means on the day. Have not heard anything since, but for all we know there is a working group getting ready to recommend it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    Thanks for the update on VHP. Still looks ok, just an annoyance. Though personally I now use retirement villages as my property play. No PIE, but better returns in growth. Obviously lots of exposure to govt policy risk.
    I agree that the retirement villages are a better property investment. They are less indebted than the 'traditional' property companies. I was surprised that their shareprice responded so strongly to the correction in December, though I think that was probably more linked to Aus property news rather than the stock market.

Every so many years this question pops up.I could be wrong but I believe in the last 1-2 years boring old PFI had been declared as the best returning property entity for so many years..I believe compounding return of over 9 % .
    Best of all the name of the of company has remained the same !!!!
    Held since listing ..25 + years.
    Cheers.

Dear kiwi its been a while..I hope you were prudent re your investments...

Legend

Anyone know anything about PMG?

https://www.pmgfunds.co.nz/

Looks okay to me, but difficult to know how active their 'closed shop' secondary market is. Any comments appreciated.

I don't know about that, but would like to add that theres are lots of other stocks that can be classed as property stocks. Anything with a high nta that is based in land, such as wine stocks, retirement villages, ports and airports. With landlords being vilified more and more, with left wing govt making additional tenancy laws, these options are becoming more attractive add property plays.

Banned

I am in discussion with them...their pacific fund is interesting...7% return. Very diverse portfolio....

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    I am in discussion with them...their pacific fund is interesting...7% return. Very diverse portfolio....
    That's what I'm looking at. It does look interesting. It's open ended so they can keep adding properties to it and issue more shares. Hard to see how or why they would promote a secondary market when they're selling new ones. IOW is there a way out? Doesn't seem like they can be sold on the unlisted share market.

Banned

They are buying 2 new commercial properties in Wellington. Which they got it under valuation value. It will bring up to 14 properties. All up post completion. To sell, the manager said there is a secondary market and will take 30 days to sell with 1.5% plus GST fee. However...I see this as a long term investment. I done the research...their properties are diverse. For me...better off join the syndicate rather than buy residential property. Where return only around 3 to 4 % plus your insurance..rates and tenants bull****.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    They are buying 2 new commercial properties in Wellington. Which they got it under valuation value. It will bring up to 14 properties. All up post completion. To sell, the manager said there is a secondary market and will take 30 days to sell with 1.5% plus GST fee. However...I see this as a long term investment. I done the research...their properties are diverse. For me...better off join the syndicate rather than buy residential property. Where return only around 3 to 4 % plus your insurance..rates and tenants bull****.
    I agree with most of that. I gave up on residential properties donkey's years back. I am in other unlisted syndicates and generally they are good. Low liquidity doesn't concern me as I have no to need or intention of selling. But one day, in a different market, my beneficiaries may well want out. For that reason I have a fair smattering of LPTs. So I'll most likely stick a few bob in and keep my eye on things for a while.
    Appreciate your comments.