sharetrader
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Property Shares

Hybrid View

Default Property Shares

Advice please. I'm thinking of buying shares in a Listed Property company for a dividend return and hopefully some share growth. Can someone advise me why I shouldn't be buying Precinct Property, as it's to me it looks like it has some impressive buildings with long term tenants and future expansion plans with the new Commercial Precinct development in the Auckland CBD. Had some thoughts on Stride Property as well but confused over the demutualization plans. Any advice is welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Advice please. I'm thinking of buying shares in a Listed Property company for a dividend return and hopefully some share growth. Can someone advise me why I shouldn't be buying Precinct Property, as it's to me it looks like it has some impressive buildings with long term tenants and future expansion plans with the new Commercial Precinct development in the Auckland CBD. Had some thoughts on Stride Property as well but confused over the demutualization plans. Any advice is welcome.
    Hi Kiwi - have a look through this thread as a starter for 10 - I've found it quite helpful

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...roperty-Trusts

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    Hi Kiwi - have a look through this thread as a starter for 10 - I've found it quite helpful

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...roperty-Trusts
    I like LPTs and hold ARG, GMT, KPG, PCT, PFI, and STR. I like them all and buying a spread gives the benefit of exposure to different sectors. e.g KPG for retail, PFI for industrial/wholesale, PCT for office. They are all PIEs. Augusta is not a PIE if that's important to you.
    They should all show reasonable growth as well as steady income - keeping in mind everything carries a risk.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I like LPTs and hold ARG, GMT, KPG, PCT, PFI, and STR. I like them all and buying a spread gives the benefit of exposure to different sectors. e.g KPG for retail, PFI for industrial/wholesale, PCT for office. They are all PIEs. Augusta is not a PIE if that's important to you.
    They should all show reasonable growth as well as steady income - keeping in mind everything carries a risk.
    PFI....one of my quiet achievers.
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/343097
    "Colliers International marketed the property, which has been sold for a gross sales price of $33 million. The property was last valued in December 2018 at $28 million." Seems like a huge increase in 9 - 10 months. Wonder what it cost them ?....i.e. what is the profit ? Probably pretty significant, but I guess a bit meaningless as they are just going to invest into another property is same market.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    PFI....one of my quiet achievers.
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/343097
    "Colliers International marketed the property, which has been sold for a gross sales price of $33 million. The property was last valued in December 2018 at $28 million." Seems like a huge increase in 9 - 10 months. Wonder what it cost them ?....i.e. what is the profit ? Probably pretty significant, but I guess a bit meaningless as they are just going to invest into another property is same market.
    Unless, of course, you credit them with the ability to invest particularly astutely in that market?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Unless, of course, you credit them with the ability to invest particularly astutely in that market?
    No….I don't think they are particularly astute. Just a good property company. As such while they might replace the property with one more in line with their strategy, they will be buying on the same market as anyone else. And relying on time to do its job. Up or down. I'm OK with that. I don't expect miracles.

Many thanks Mickey and Fungus Pudding, always good to hear other investors opinions.

Thinking again I guess MFL has now been overtaken by Kiwisaver....However my returns with MFL over a long period have been very good in a era where many of these companies just disappeared or fraud or returns were shameful...

Look up MFL NZ....Very happy to have been invested with this superannuation company..Apart from a bad patch 2007 2009 all is good...

As always, I mention VHP. Investments in hospital property with massively long average lease - something like 16 years or so. Growth very good, dividend very good. PIE.