sharetrader
Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Market so far does not particularly like W1st's decision. Already 7 cent down. Will be interesting to see whether the Greenies are now using their new found powers - and what impact this has on NZK's ongoing resource swap process ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Pet Expo the other day - cupboard seems full of King Salmon stuff

Bottles of King Salmon Oil (omega 3), King Salmon bikkies and wow King Salmon freeze tried salmon tails for Scruffy to chew on.

Not wasting anything
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

The Kid

"King Salmon says it's too soon to tell if new government will hit farm relocations" http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11941426

Managing Director, Grant Rosewarne, thinking positive.

The Kid

Sea getting too warm for salmon in Marlborough Sounds this summer.

Salmon in the Marlborough Sounds are dying in their farms as an "extraordinarily hot" summer continues to take its toll on marine life. Stewart Island not immune with high water temps as well.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/far...-in-the-sounds

I'm new here but cannot seem to understand why there's such a low attention on this company.
    Was reading the announcement on 14/02 MPI Salmon Farm relocation - panel report released

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/314181
    surely that's a positive and would lift the production of the company?

Quote Originally Posted by stonecolddy View Post
    I'm new here but cannot seem to understand why there's such a low attention on this company.
    Was reading the announcement on 14/02 MPI Salmon Farm relocation - panel report released

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/314181
    surely that's a positive and would lift the production of the company?
    Welcome to the forum.

I guess there are a lot of question marks around the company - high fish mortality, high pollution and general questions whether the Sounds are the best place for salmon farming anyway, particularly considering global warming (salmon likes cold water - much colder that the sounds during summer / autumn). Add to that the fact that our new government is more likely if in doubt to err towards the environment (i.e. against polluting industries) than I can understand that some investors get cold feet

Discl: Used to hold, but not anymore.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

As BlackPeter says, there is a lot to weigh up in terms of qualitative assessments, you need to consider the many risks that NZK faces: high mortality rate due to a variety of factors (summers such as this one where the water temperature is too high, bacteria, nutritional stress, uneaten food waste, and stocking density) and issues with location of farms where they have to contend with environmentalists and Iwi who either oppose the relocations or demand a share or cash settlement.
    I love the idea of the company and their profit year on year is sustainable at the moment, but the above factors are enough to deter me from seriously considering investing.

Also seems strange that the company does not have a date for half year result yet? considering it is already late Feb?

Guru

how did they fair re the recent storm ?

Quote Originally Posted by stonecolddy View Post
    Also seems strange that the company does not have a date for half year result yet? considering it is already late Feb?
    Any day soon.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”