sharetrader
Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

There's a wonderful NZ King Salmon cat food suddenly available in Nelson. I guess the fish mortality was quite high. It looks like Cook Strait will suit the salmon better - and please the folk living in the Sounds.

IMO

Yep they are planning for this but it is some years away to fruition, like 8 plus.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 26-03-2019 at 08:36 AM.

Another strong day. The elusive $3 might be realised by the end of the week.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/333854

"The 2019 summer season has again been challenging for overall fish performance, due to sustained warm water temperatures which continued into April. The full year mortality cost for the year ended 30 June 2019 (FY19) will now be materially higher than in FY18. Forecast fish harvest for FY19 is now expected to be around 7,900MT. As a consequence directors advise that expected FY19 operating EBITDA is likely to be at the lower end of the previously noted Guidance of between $25.0 million and $28.5 million."

No wonder price of fresh salmon has gone up through the roof in recent months!

Can’t stop thinking about the 25% (or higher) mortality rate

That’s a lot of dead fish ...poor buggers dying in captivity
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Dilettante

Mitigating global warming risk will include:
    " • Choosing to move to site single year class of fish across all farms as soon as possible (global best practice is regional ‘all in all out’ single year class), with fallowing between year classes. This will result in a significant reduction in previously forecast harvest volumes in the next few years, and an increase in capital expenditure requirements. More details will be provided as part of our year end results announcement in late August. "

Doesn't look very good does it ?

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    My broker has an extensive research note (37 pages) and a buy on NZ King salmon.
    I find it bizarre that they dont mention the warming temperatures in they risks near the end.
    On page 35 they talk about last years elevated temps which cause 20% mortality as if it was a rare one off and the s/p will recover upon good results this year!! To me thats a gamble, not investing imo.
    New Zealand sea temperatures Sea Temperatureshttps://www.seatemperature.org/australia-pacific/new-zealand/ Temps go Jan to December only. Current temp marlborough sounds 18.3 degrees.unfort. 19 degrees looks serious?. The company are expected to update the water temp and its effects on salmon mortality.
    How many took craigs pumping advice and were hooked lined and sinkered in this high risk BUY!.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    How many took craigs pumping advice and were hooked lined and sinkered in this high risk BUY!.
    Is it that Craig who upgraded THL from hold to buy a couple of months ago???!

I wondered what was driving the price up ahead of any announcement of performance in the warm waters. Pleased I sat on my hands with this one now - although if you were quick enough to bail it has been a good couple of months.

percy

I did not buy at IPO as I thought they were in the wrong location,and the waters were too warm..
    Have been very surprised how well the share has done.